• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
Great, suddenly a ton to do after being horribly ill. I'm still in a state where I don't feel up to doing anything, but I know I have a lot to do.

Goodbye vacation.
Everyone from my class said that the vacation went to fast.
I'm that super postive guy who enjoyed every second of it.
We started the day with some modeling in Cinema 4D.
Then I photographed some frames for my stopmotion animation during Audiovisual class.
I made a mindmap and edited an old assignment during school project class.
And I finished most of my lip sync animation during Audiovisual class.
Missed the train home and another train that stops at the same station with WiFi.
I took another train to that station and that's where I am now lol

ebevan91

what the heck i just got a detention for bringing an orange to school and using it to set up puns

orange these teachers supposed to get mad at real offenses

I'd send you to detention too for making up such an awful pun, orange you going to think of anything better to say?

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
I had a horrible day of classes today. I only had two, but one was chem and we were talking about polyprotic acid titrations, which was very boring. Then I went to my five hour chem lab, where we were using an ion exchange columnto titrate, but the column didn't work, so we did the other assigned titrations and waited to see if the column would start working. It never did. We started prepping it at 12:30 and our TA told us to not worry about it at 5:00. We wasted four and a half hours of the lab watching the ion exchange column fail.

Quite a busy day today, it started with a bit of peer review of each others showreels and websites, then I made a 90 second long edit of one of my camera assessments to send away for my university application. After that I finished the 15 minute long compilation of films showreel for that same application.
Later I began uploading the 2 hour long show I filmed for the head of drama to Google Drive, while waiting for that I continued editing my final project, I definitely have to reshoot some scenes, I'm not happy with it. The main problem is a lamp that shouldn't be visible in one shot, the rest I can live with, but ideally I'd redo the whole thing with better equipment.
When I got home I finished the essay I have to write for that application, it has to be about analysing a scene from a movie from a specific viewpoint. I chose to do it about the visual/audible aspects of the Crazy 88 fight scene from Kill Bill vol 1.

TheEliteEmpoleon

My school got an early dismissal today! It was very welcomed, and this is only the second one I think I've ever had. So, today was pretty easy: came in, aced a test, did some boring english crap, and left.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Had my last midterm of the quarter today in o-chem. I was really stressed out about this test beforehand but I think I actually did pretty well. It wasn't absurdly easy but it wasn't impossibly difficult either. Now all I have to worry about before finals is finishing up my research paper and doing a genetics assignment. So happy that this quarter is almost over.

Stardustz6

Part of the Echelon
All the days are blurring into one continuous day...
So I've got my A2 film draft deadline on Tuesday, we spent most of Monday afternoon filming after a session last Friday afternoon. We reviewed all our footage and discovered that all of Monday's footage was too dark to do anything with so now we have to refilm it tomorrow and finish the rest of it this Friday...and then we have to edit it all together.
My extra-credit film assignment has finally gotten off the ground; we've gotten a filming date and we're just tying up loose ends with the locations, we'll just have to wait and see where that goes.

And then we have my stupid weakness to help those in need coming into play; whilst sat planning my extra credit assignment two of my film studies classmates came in and said "we really need your help" so I agreed to basically be the protagonist in their coursework...despite the fact I cannot act to save my life...but they seem satisfied with my mediocre attempts. I didn't leave college til 5:30pm and then didn't get home til 7pm...
I'm tired...and I want to sleep for a few weeks.

ebevan91

Another snow day...

At least this time it's on Thursday and I haven't missed my Tuesday/Thursday classes much, yet.

Vinosea

Stealth as a Ninja
So, snow has blanketed DC and classes are canceled. Too bad my Asian Studies professor decided to make our scheduled midterm online at the last minute. Hooray. ;044;

TheEliteEmpoleon

We had a delay this morning, and then right after our bus made its last stop, they cancelled school, so we turned around and went home! It should've been a snow day to begin with though.

ebevan91

Well since no school today, my spring break technically just started :)

Too bad I still have to work nearly every day of my spring break though :|

devilmonkey

ROWROWFightDaPOWAH
Nah, there should be a "Life Essentials They Don't Teach You In High School" class in college. It'd teach you things like:
- When and how to do your taxes properly
- What a W-4 is, and how to fill it out
- What a 401K is, their pros/cons; essentially, what a retirement plan does
- What a credit score is
- How student loans work and where to find them
- The different kinds and prices of health insurance
- What to do and where to go in large-scale emergency situations (like Flood, Fire, Earthquake, etc)
- What to do in small-scale emergency situations (like drug/alchohol overdose, car accidents/failure, serious home injury etc.)

I remember going to this seminar thing with a classmate for an hour, and all they did was give single-slide information on basically how to survive in an apocalypse scenario (not zombie or aliens, but generally "when s**t goes down" stuff) and I kid you not, I've used information from that one hour lecture countless times in my daily life. How to convert average objects into tools, how to check how badly someone might have hurt themselves without making the situation worse, etc.

Search_Ops_TeamD

ShaggySmurf
I hear some of you will soon be having spring break vacation. I'll have to wait another month in my country for that, but we get two weeks off. Anyway, I'm doing pretty bad, I don't know if I'll be able to save myself this time. I should start looking for an alternative to success. I got nothing going for myself. But for some reason, life seems ok. I'll just go with the flow for now.

Chili

Today was not my day. I did bad on two of my math quizzes and one test. I can retake the test, but not the quizzes which pisses me off more than anything. However, I got like an 89% on my Judicial Branch Test in Civics. Today has just been extremely rough.

English for me has been bleh because out teacher doesn't stop talking at the entire class about missing DD's for assessments, while half of us (me included) do our best to get out work in on-time so the other half is ruining class for the rest of us

Last edited:

devilmonkey

ROWROWFightDaPOWAH
I slept in hard yesterday and ended up missing my only class/work for the day. Stupid phone needs to be replaced because it'll randomly shut itself off in the middle of the night, so my alarm never goes off. Thankfully my teacher/boss is really understanding. I love that class, though, so I was more bummed for missing the content than anything else.

Anyway, I'm doing pretty bad, I don't know if I'll be able to save myself this time. I should start looking for an alternative to success. I got nothing going for myself. But for some reason, life seems ok. I'll just go with the flow for now.
Woh bro, don't worry about it. I don't know what you're doin' (primary school, college, etc) but success is just a product of self-actualization. By that I mean, you gotta start doing something that you want to do instead of what you have to do. Skip a class or two, hit the library, and read a book about sailing or traveling or astrophysics. Gotta look for a passion, and not let yourself get stuck!