• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

Today during Media Techniques class we had to make a news report about offices getting abandoned and shoot the footage by ourselves.
I accidentally dropped one of the expensive JVC cameras in front of the teacher and I got a mini heart attack when it happened but luckily it just bounced and did not have any damage.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Okay, so I've been working on my paper almost constantly for the past week and I just finally finished the dang thing. I mean, I'm still going to go through and revise stuff before it's due tomorrow afternoon, but I don't think I have to add any more content, and holy heck I freakin' just wrote myself a 13 1/2-page paper. I have to say, I'm kind of proud.

Now I just need to finish up a couple of assignments in genetics, and then I'm done until finals. And then spring break is here heck yeah.

TamagoSan

I spent almost a month writing up a science paper only to receive a C, and I have no idea what to improve. I guess I'll just go through and edit in some fancier words, because I've certainly fulfilled the criteria for an A, at least.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
My genetics final is in a few hours, and my chem final is tomorrow morning. I feel like I could use just a little more time to study, but I'm so ready to be done that I wish I could ask my professors to take the test early. Can't wait for dat spring break... XD

General Nonsense

Star Glider
My vertebrate anatomy class is making me hate myself. Yeah, I know I've been told to hate the class, not myself, but it's so difficult and no matter what I do I can't get it right. Which has resulted in my hating myself.

Stardustz6

Part of the Echelon
Haven't posted in a while...there's a reason for that;
I do love the feeling of utter chaos just hours before a film deadline.

My classmates and I were literally sprinting around college trying to find equipment and people at a moment’s notice, begging each other for any knowledge on how to perform miracles on crappy footage and just general emotional support as the minutes ticked by. And some people still aren’t finished.

A2 film studies is not for the faint hearted, it's not called the hardest A-level for nothing. I mean when only 0.1% of the entire country gets an A grade that should tell you something.

And I want to do this for a living, god help me.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Welp, finals are over at last. Genetics wasn't too bad (test was ridiculously long but overall the questions were pretty easy), but oh my god my chem final was brutal. I think I was able to reason out most of the questions in the end, but man, it was tough work. The one saving grace is that the class is curved to the average though, so if I was able to beat the average and the standard deviation, I'll have an A. *crosses fingers*

The week is almost over, yay!
Last day at college in the winter of this school year :U

Stardustz6

Part of the Echelon
Everyone skipped their first lesson today to watch the solar eclipse...gotta love how the teachers encouraged it because we rarely get to see eclipses here in England (because it's always clouded over).
Best use of our time ever.

ebevan91

This semester is going by so fast. Only 1 month and 2 weeks left. I can't wait for this semester to be over with, but by the time we hit July I'll be wishing for late August to hurry back up so I can start school again.

Nah, there should be a "Life Essentials They Don't Teach You In High School" class in college. It'd teach you things like:
- When and how to do your taxes properly
- What a W-4 is, and how to fill it out

Yes yes yes. I was actually recently talking about this with my sister. haha. No one shows anyone how to do these, but we all have to do them! It's actually infuriating to think about. How do people know how to do taxes and fill W-4s out?!?! No one showed me how ever and I'm at that age where I'm an adult and kind of need to do these things if I want to work and be a citizen.

I've recently started school again. I'm getting a second bachelor's degree, this time in graphic design. It's Spring Break now, but I don't know when I'm going to get rowdy.

Exam week is starting soon and I'm kinda nervous about my english exam because it requires me to pretend like I'm interviewing for a job and I'm worried I won't memorize all my answer to the questions that may be asked

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
whispers of a food fight have been goin about

this is bad because today is spaghetti day and my hair is at risk!
i mean, you shouldnt touch the spaghetti regardless, but these kiddos have no mercy ;_;

wat do. dont say dont go to lunch cause they make us for the first few mins at least

Last edited:

General Nonsense

Star Glider

i mean, you shouldnt touch the spaghetti regardless, but these kiddos have no mercy ;_;

wat do. dont say dont go to lunch cause they make us for the first few mins at least

Stand behind tall people. They will be hit first. Or find something to use as a shield.

So I just took a 2 1/2 hour exam. It was terrible.

Vinosea

Stealth as a Ninja

People do food fights outside of elementary school? o_O

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Stand behind tall people. They will be hit first. Or find something to use as a shield.

aw now thats just cruel xD
but yeah, turns out it NEVER happened

People do food fights outside of elementary school? o_O

well usually they take place inside an elementary school! outside would attract ants and those guys are on no ones side

Stardustz6

Part of the Echelon
Two weeks of freedom begins now!
I have an interview for a music college in three weeks which I'm kinda nervous about but I'm sure I'll be fine...I hope.
I'm so exhausted it's not even funny, I think I might be catching a cold because of it -.-