• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Yo I left my headphones in the school comp yesterday...

Luckily, everyone is nice, I guess, cause they were still there today.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Alright so I've got a problem that doesn't concern school totally, but I didn't know where else to ask this.
I got swimming classes this year, which I was really excited about, but obviously I have issues with the changing room. Not only am I not comfortable to shower in public, I have a litterature class that follows my swimming class by literally 10 minutes (and the pool is not even in the school, it's a 2 minutes walk away), so realistically, if I don't want to be late for the following class, I can't take a shower.
Not that I would not want to just rinse my body for about two minutes, I just don't have the time... It takes me a little while to get done behind the curtain, especially since my muscles are sore from the underwater activities.

How long does it take to the chlorine to do any real damage to the skin/hair ? I get home about 2 and half/3 hours after the swimming class and I immidiately shower once I get there. Is it too late to clean my body up ?

Hahahaha guys, the teacher gave me an A for that assignment that I handed in and told me that I wrote a nice letter but that the assignment was only for the students that are majoring in Art&Design LOL

oh well, I got an A hahahahah!

Search_Ops_TeamD

ShaggySmurf
How long does it take to the chlorine to do any real damage to the skin/hair ? I get home about 2 and half/3 hours after the swimming class and I immidiately shower once I get there. Is it too late to clean my body up ?

I also plan to start swimming next semester, so I did a little research for both of us. From my experience, way back in the day, I got very itchy and dry after being out of the pool for 20 mins. And according to this article, it is harmful over time if you do it daily. It's pretty important to shower after a session. But it also depends on your particular body. Sometimes rinsing under clean water for 30 seconds will do if you have to go somewhere else, and do a full shower when you get home. But don't risk it. I would ask for a schedule change.

As for why I came to this thread: I'm happy to report that I'm still a student, I passed all my due classes, didn't get kicked out and got back on track. Also hoping to get certified in English Proficiency through Cambridge and give English lessons as a side job. My learning habits have improved and I also lost 4kg in the past 3 weeks. Yeah, I'm going places now...

Today I spent most of my time messing around in After Effects and made random animations using polygons and custom gradient textures that I made in Photoshop.

I'm thinking about making an animated short film with it.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I also plan to start swimming next semester, so I did a little research for both of us. From my experience, way back in the day, I got very itchy and dry after being out of the pool for 20 mins. And according to this article, it is harmful over time if you do it daily. It's pretty important to shower after a session. But it also depends on your particular body. Sometimes rinsing under clean water for 30 seconds will do if you have to go somewhere else, and do a full shower when you get home. But don't risk it. I would ask for a schedule change.

As for why I came to this thread: I'm happy to report that I'm still a student, I passed all my due classes, didn't get kicked out and got back on track. Also hoping to get certified in English Proficiency through Cambridge and give English lessons as a side job. My learning habits have improved and I also lost 4kg in the past 3 weeks. Yeah, I'm going places now...

Schedule changes are impossible as of right now. I'm already 5 weeks deep in my semester and I want to die!
I had pool today once again and it is really fun. Problem is, I'm not all that sports, and swimming as in serious swimming asks for a total body effort. I'll try to fit in a 30 seconds wash next time. I thought I would be okay with my intense drying method, to get as much chlorine as I can off my body before running towards the school establishment and slip into my litterature class.

On a side note, I got both Physics and Chemistry exams next Monday, and I wish I could scream. There are SO MANY nomenclature rules that apply to the elements and molecules, it's a real pain to work on it and remember it. Honestly my choices in life sometimes... ;_;

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
starting regret some academic decisions i've made, ugh.
not really the class difficulties it's mainly that i procrastinate too much and tend to clash with the ap chem teacher (which never ends up well for me or my grade).

someone productive switch work ethic with me please

A kid waved at me while I was on my way to my internship.

Now I know that today is gonna be a good day :U

_Kiwi_

praise the grapes
My two-week term break started on the 25th, so I'm freeeeee! [distant hallelujah plays]

I'm nearing the end of my school year so my brain is pretty much fried, so it's nice to be able to chill out for what seems like the first time in forever! I stayed up until 2am last night and there were absolutely no repercussions at all, it was GREAT.

Once I go back I have 3 1/2 weeks of classes before I go on study leave for my exams, so I'm making the most of my freedom before I drown in my studies once more. Good luck to everyone who's recently started back!

SpoinkyPearl

My head is about to explode ._. I don't even have many courses at the moment, but those few are driving me crazy. Worst is the economics course. We have math exercises to do at the course and it has been FIVE YEARS since I last studied math. Oh, and I was at this course last year as well but didn't pass it then (mostly because I couldn't attend most of the lectures because of the other courses I had at the same time) and I don't think I will this year either. The lecturer could be very well speaking Chinese - I think I would understand as much as his speech then as I do now. I also find some other people attending the course very annoying. Freshmen students of economics, who keep talking ALL THE TIME during the lectures, and the teacher won't say anything to them. Super annoying. I want to listen the lecturer, not the stupid students who come to disturb other people. If you're only interested talking with your friends and not the lecture, PLEASE STAY HOME!

I also have one law course I have to pass next month (like I would!), and translation course in which I suck really badly. I'm not good at translating, or grammar, and it is starting to get annoying since I won't became any better even though how hard I try. Oh, and I should also think about what I should do my master's thesis. I want to continue researching Olympic Games, but it is difficult to find a subject which has not been studied too much. I think I'll go and discuss with my master's thesis teacher about it. I wrote down some ideas, and I guess presenting them to him might be useful.

(oh, and if someone wonders why I have so much different courses from different subjects going on at the same time, I can tell that my major is history and I have several side subjects I'm studying at the same time :D)

Jersey Jimmy

¿dónde está el FOUR DOLLA TUBA?
Alright, so... I've never really had much trouble in school, so I'm not here to talk about that. What I am here to talk about is since South Carolina has this nasty tendency to get flooded in recent days, my school has been closed since Thursday (and it's still shut tomorrow). I mean, my street isn't even flooded, and from what I saw, neither are any of the others close to me. I'm kinda concerned this will throw my entire schedule out of proportion; what would be the best way to get back on track when school starts up again?

Today was a great day, even though I didn't have anything to do we got to leave earlier :U

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
Everyone's busy preparing for our intramurals event, and our prelim exam are coming! Talk about project on our programming class which is due tomorrow and I haven't finished the project. Oh well.XDXD

Guys, remember the 29th of June when I was sad because the intern company couldn't hire me because of a very vague reason?
I have to look for a new internship, I was so close to being hired that I forgot to look for a back-up company.

Turns out that the company went bankrupt! It's a pity because it was a really Awesome company that made cool stuff but it's a relief because now I know the reason that they couldn't hire me and that I would probably be hired if it didn't happen because they already confirmed that I was hired if it wasn't for the "internal business"

Oh well. But the intern company that I'm working at right now is really Awesome and I'm enjoying my time there so I'm happy that I still found my place :U

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Shoutout to advisor being at the precise spot and precise time I needed, to let me register for classes a day in advance ahead of everyone else.

To hell with your 6-12 student cap size, I'm first in line.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
It's been forever since I've posted here. Semester started rough and awkward given I live in an apartment of sorts this semester and decided to retake a class later instead. Delcared my major recently in Applied Math so I've committed to that path, but for now I just get to enjoy a somewhat smooth finish with my final general requirements and an incredibly easy two weeks coming just in time for Super Mystery Dungeon. Next week I have class on only Monday and Friday since Veteran's Day is a day off and as a result my Tuesday discussion section was cancelled to stay on the same pace as the Wednesday one. I also never have class on Thursday so next week is nice. While the week after is relatively normal it leads into Mystery Dungeon that Friday, followed by me leaving home for the Thanksgiving weekend on Monday afternoon. A pretty nice end to November for me, there's some assignments I want to hurry up and finish to avoid being overwhelmed and stressed but otherwise things are looking nice.

Do you ever just randomly question what you are doing with your life right now and comparing it to what others are doing?

I was just thinking about my internship and it's a really Awesome company with nice colleagues and cool supervisors, I enjoy working here and I'm learning new things and I'm also improving my portfolio etc

But I just realized that most of my assignments consists of "helping with filming a video" or "edit this footage"
Those are really fun assignments amd I enjoy bragging about the stuff that I helped making but sometimes I want to do something else like actually help creating new stuff since I have only filmed events or captured performances.

I have colleagues who are more experienced in the audiovisual industry and they always get cool assignments such as coming up with original ideas, directing videos and even appear as some kind of host in the video.
They just know a lot about filmmaking and have their own equipment so most of the time they make the assignment twice as professional than it already was.

I don't hate them, I'm just a bit jealous that I never have these kind of assignments; There are moments where my colleague just gets picked for the assignment and asked who wanted to help.

And I'm not taken seriously when I'm coming up with an actual idea, this is because I like to joke around but at this point my colleagues assume I'm either joking around or pretending to be serious. The one time that I actually got to help to come up with ideas I suggested a scenario for a video but it just sounded like a joke and didn't get written down.

I know this is selfish but I just feel a bit underrated and I believe I got the creativity to help bringing ideas to life and build an even cooler portfolio.

I may not be a good director, filmmaker or writer but I would love to take the challenge and help with these kind of assignments rather than just helping with filming or editing smaller assignments.

I just wanted to get that off my chest. Again, I like my internship, it is a fun company to work at and my colleagues and supervisors are really nice people :U