• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Do you ever just randomly question what you are doing with your life right now and comparing it to what others are doing?

I was just thinking about my internship and it's a really Awesome company with nice colleagues and cool supervisors, I enjoy working here and I'm learning new things and I'm also improving my portfolio etc

But I just realized that most of my assignments consists of "helping with filming a video" or "edit this footage"
Those are really fun assignments amd I enjoy bragging about the stuff that I helped making but sometimes I want to do something else like actually help creating new stuff since I have only filmed events or captured performances.

I have colleagues who are more experienced in the audiovisual industry and they always get cool assignments such as coming up with original ideas, directing videos and even appear as some kind of host in the video.
They just know a lot about filmmaking and have their own equipment so most of the time they make the assignment twice as professional than it already was.

I don't hate them, I'm just a bit jealous that I never have these kind of assignments; There are moments where my colleague just gets picked for the assignment and asked who wanted to help.

And I'm not taken seriously when I'm coming up with an actual idea, this is because I like to joke around but at this point my colleagues assume I'm either joking around or pretending to be serious. The one time that I actually got to help to come up with ideas I suggested a scenario for a video but it just sounded like a joke and didn't get written down.

I know this is selfish but I just feel a bit underrated and I believe I got the creativity to help bringing ideas to life and build an even cooler portfolio.

I may not be a good director, filmmaker or writer but I would love to take the challenge and help with these kind of assignments rather than just helping with filming or editing smaller assignments.

I just wanted to get that off my chest. Again, I like my internship, it is a fun company to work at and my colleagues and supervisors are really nice people :U

Haha, we can all relate to that. I'm only a freshman in college right now, and I can't exactly tell you much about the experience you're having right now. But from what I've read before, you've only just started working for the company? I think it's understandable that you're given "minor" jobs at this point, although it can be frustrating. Other than that, it seems like you're doing very well with yourself and with the company. In time, they may consider bringing some bigger jobs to you, though that's just what I think.

This semester is going by alright. I've gotten used to workload, dorming, all that fun stuff. I'm basically just following my advisor and getting core classes out of the way. Looking forward to Thanksgiving, when I can stay at home for about a week.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
>Mfw I'm only in the Honors Program at my school just so I can get earlier class registration than anyone else. Next 2 semesters going to be rough, especially with MCAT looming but then once that's done its smooth sailing to graduation.

Haha, we can all relate to that. I'm only a freshman in college right now, and I can't exactly tell you much about the experience you're having right now. But from what I've read before, you've only just started working for the company? I think it's understandable that you're given "minor" jobs at this point, although it can be frustrating. Other than that, it seems like you're doing very well with yourself and with the company. In time, they may consider bringing some bigger jobs to you, though that's just what I think.

Thanks, you're right! Everyone has to start somewhere.
The supervisor also told me that I was a "Quiet Power" and he was happy with the assignments that I worked on so that made my day :U

Spacial

procrastination
Today, I got into an argument with an incredibly shallow 11 year old (some teacher's kid) while I was trying to finish an essay. Ended with me having the last word so I'd say that's 1-0 to me. Wasted about half an hour and still haven't finished that essay :/

My college is going to try a new exclusive program for audiovisual majors and I'm one of the people who was invited to attend that program because I was one of the students who is able to do more than the assignments always ask.

(That's what the teacher said lol not me)

gpdlt

Pokemon Trainer
I remember when I was here on the regular, haha. Well, I'm screaming over these finals coming up, but at least I am finally somewhat grasping the material. Hopefully I graduate in May still.

SilverRayquaza

Shiny Hunter
Well i've been accepted to college, but right know honors pre-calc is really giving me trouble. I missed 3 days to attend the National FFA Convention in the end of october, and my grade in that class is still a D. When I went to school early to catch up on my classes, all the teacher did was give me a worksheet and went back to grading tests. So I pretty much failed that entire unit. At least now it's a new unit, so I should be able to get back on track.

So I missed 3 days of high school, how will it be once I'm in college? (I'm gonna get a Bachelor's in Wildlife Resource Management :) )

SpoinkyPearl

I only have 3 exams, one essay and one lecture diary thing left and then I can go home and start my winter break! This autumn has been pretty stressful time for me, so I really need this break. And good thing is that I can be on holiday almost a whole month! My lectures won't start until middle of the January and I'm planning to leave in two weeks. I have my last exam on 16th and after that I'll go home ♥

I'm not really worried about the two Swedish exam (translation and Danish culture/language stuff) but economics course I didn't manage to pass in October is waiting me on 16th ._. The subject is so difficult and I really can't handle all that math! Luckily I still have third try left if I don't pass this second try, and next year I can do this course at open university where it should be easier... but then again, it costs money >_> I really hope I can study hard enough to pass that course this time!

I was overjoyed when I got to know that I had passed one very difficult law course. Yay. One down, four left...

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
I got 2 more weeks left then hello Christmas break! This coming weeks will he a whole lot of coding, projects and exam, (not to mention final exams..which why I hate finals week that much..XDXD) *waves hand to those who are going to have finals exams soon*

Shadow_Lugia_XD001

Guess who's back
Im a third year Special Effects/character Creation/Model Design student at Hertfordshire university. My sculpting is finally done and ready to begin moulding after 10 weeks of hell. Bliss.

2 weeks left of the project now though so can't relax too long!

ebevan91

Well, finals are over. I could've done better but work kinda got in the way. Straight C's all the way down the board :/

Well nevermind! Actually got a B in a class.

Last edited:

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
Finished everything up last week, just waiting on grades. One of the finals I took was arguably one of the hardest I've had in my undergrad/grad school career. Unfortunately my winter break wont be relaxing though, it's going to be spent prepping and starting to write for my thesis.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
These are my best grades yet, and I'm proud of them. Heh.

Although in the same token, this semester has been the harshest on me emotionally, and the one that's forced me to change the most in regards to lifestyle and how i deal with things.

My attempts are working, but its not as good as I'd hope it would be. I'm hoping i hold out and manage to do well in the next semester of college. lol

ebevan91

Needed to make a B on a final to make a B in the class. Almost made an A on it so I got my B. Now I'm just waiting for my other grades.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
Pulled straight A's again!

After Wednesday I finally have Christmas Break :U

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Grades came out tonight. Clutched all As except in my Chem Lab where I got an A-. All through college I've never seemed to eb able to make a legitimate A in a Chem Lab class. Got 1 more semester to try again :/

TheEliteEmpoleon

Winter Break is over :(. Come to think of it, if I wasn't enjoying Christmas, I was at work or applying to colleges. Or asleep. Actually not a bad break. I was pretty productive, and made a ton of money covering for people, and still caught up on a lot of sleep. Still, I'm not ready to go back tomorrow.