• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

Search_Ops_TeamD

ShaggySmurf
So I'm thinking about giving English lessons, or hopefully get a part time teaching gig at my university while I continue my studies. With my level of English I'm told I can get certified easily and get a job within 2 or 3 months of training. I could use the increase in income to get myself some gaming equipment (still thinking if console or pc) and get back to the gaming community, especially Pokemon. I've been stuck in my gen 4 Diamond for too long, and people are already finishing up X and Y. Hopefully by the next generation of games, I'll be caught up with you people. (Doing a re-run on Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, FireRed, Platinum and SoulSilver). I should be done by summer if classes aren't too demanding; still thinking about which gen5 and gen6 games to get. Any suggestions?

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Honestly this semester is going to be my hardest, not because of the classes I have to take but because my room-mate is a ******* who does not know basic social tact. One should not have to explain why it is annoying or aggravating to deal with someone else deciding to do pushups and situps at 12:35 AM. Especially when there is a gym on campus that's free to students. I shouldn't be having to explain that. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. And of course the college says all the rooms are filled this semester so I can't transfer out to a different room/room-mate and I'm defo not paying for an apartment off campus when I get housing for free.
So when I snap and slit his throat one day, UGA only has its-self to blame because they've had ample warning.

Navin

MALDREAD
Honestly this semester is going to be my hardest, not because of the classes I have to take but because my room-mate is a ******* who does not know basic social tact. One should not have to explain why it is annoying or aggravating to deal with someone else deciding to do pushups and situps at 12:35 AM. Especially when there is a gym on campus that's free to students. I shouldn't be having to explain that. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. And of course the college says all the rooms are filled this semester so I can't transfer out to a different room/room-mate and I'm defo not paying for an apartment off campus when I get housing for free.
So when I snap and slit his throat one day, UGA only has its-self to blame because they've had ample warning.

C'mon bruh, 12:00 AM is the new 7 PM workout time.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Had an interview with a Yale alum today. Not that it went horribly wrong or anything, but I feel like I was a little lackluster. It was only half an hour long, and I feel like I just couldn't get all of my thoughts together. Hopefully most of it is just exaggerations in my head.

Time flies lol, I'm already entering the last week of my internship. All I have left to do is edit 2 videos, film stuff and finish my college assignments and I'm officially done with my internship.

It was a great company :U

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I just lost over $300 of my potential refund because I have 13 credit hours instead of 15 (though I'm still full-time), and my school took away some of the grant money I was due to get.

I was depending on that $300 to get to school for the rest of the semester, in addition to getting a djembe for my world percussion class, two books for my theology class, paying up my phone bill, and having money to eat.

Now I'm stuck with a potential refund of $431 - which was initially $746 - and if the state doesn't stop screwing around with the budget (i.e. if Rauner doesn't stop trying to steal from the budget), I might not even get that, along with thousands of other students.

Musashi~

Fiery Destroyer! <3
Had my English speaking test today at school.It went great.But I have my science exam tomorrow.Have to study.That's sad! :(

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
They keep switching between bringing back Strawberry milk or Chocolate milk in the cafeteria...
It's usually White/Strawberry
or White/Chocolate

Everyone's gettin antsy over it, man. I feel like a full blown riot/foodfights' gonna spill over cause of it..

ebevan91

I'm taking 2 capstone courses this semester and it is awful. One is for my major specifically and the other is required for all majors within the business school.

So much work and that's not counting my other 3 classes.

Takeshino

武 志信
I've somehow got into the awkward position where I've unwillingly gained the affection of the school's tsundere...

It currenly goes on like this: Punch, Make fun of, Hug, Joke about me, (last time it was about how skinny I was for a 16 year old boy [8.5 stones or 55 kg]), and then not letting go until she absolutely has to.. In other words, she go from tsundere to clingy girlfriend real quick...

As someone who trying to focus on studies, and not have a relationship until university, it is not technically a favourable position to be in...

Yeah, I'm a lucky guy.

Last edited:

Zephraxe

So, while I sit here in a test lockdown drill, might as well post about how this semester has been going...

Basically, I'm a senior, it's my last semester of high school, I have block scheduling, and I already have all of my credits to graduate. I'm only taking two classes right now, Chorus (Choir) and Technical Theater, which are both electives. They're both pretty easy, and I get little to no homework. It's pretty great not having to worry about homework or keeping up grades, but it's a tad boring. It's really nice getting to go home extra early, though, since I have no fourth block. I get home at about 1 PM.

On another note, I have a group of friends that are all pretty fun to be around, and I have my first ever girlfriend.

Last edited:
College is fun, it's only the first week and I'm already learning a lot of new things and I'm so glad that I'm finally officially majoring in audiovisual-animation :U

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Entrance exams, glad we don't have those in the UK. At least, as far as I know.
Oh, and I've just come home from my first University interview. Not as nerve-wracking as I thought. On the other hand, it's about an hour's train ride away, so I'm probably going to have to look into student accomodations.
I have another interview coming up at a Uni that's only a half hour bus ride away, so I'm really hoping I'm accepted into this one rather than the first.

Chidzz

Why do I feel like all the high school students on here are all chill and laid back and I'm here stressing over everything that needs to be done, like I haven't had time to watch TV, play Pokemon or anything for the past 6 weeks.

Samayouru

Rabid Dusclops Fan
I'm considering transferring from the Open University (which is basically a university where you study online) to a university in my city. I've gone through some of the taster sessions and the university seems like a really good place to go. I mean, people actually approached me and asked me how the taster sessions were going, and what kind of artist/illustrator I was - that's never happened to me before! Bear in mind that I have Asperger's Syndrome, so I'm very used to people avoiding me because I'm disabled. The general friendliness around the community is a very welcome change.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
Why do I feel like all the high school students on here are all chill and laid back and I'm here stressing over everything that needs to be done, like I haven't had time to watch TV, play Pokemon or anything for the past 6 weeks.

When I was in high school, I was really stressed out. I remember posting on here during high school. It's a lot of work, I can tell you that. but, I think you have potential! work hard!

Nyrene

is Hungry
Hi everyone!

I'm really excited because I got accepted into the University of Florida and will go this fall! I am also kind of nervous yet excited about being really far from home and doing things on my own. At least I will be living with my close friend and two other girls.

For those of you who went or are going through something similar to this, is it really not so bad living on your own? ( I know I said I'm going to be living with other girls, but I mean that I will be independent and have to do a lot for myself)

Pogeymans

Personally I loved moving out of home but I'm not particularly close to my parents. I live with my two friends (a guy and a girl) and my girlfriend and it's great. Make sure you stock up on easy recipies and save money for bills haha.

As for me, I am a semester away from finishing my undergrad and I hate my degree and even though I'm so close to finishing I have zero motivation :(