• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Alright I'm officially graduated. I'm ready to max out this summer's potential before college starts. I feel like college is going to hit me like a ton of bricks.

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
ap scores came out today (for those who took any), use a vpn if you're not one of the selected states/don't want to wait.

i got about what i expected (3 chem 4 apush), which was nice because i don't think i deserved either given the absolute lack of effort put into the classes.
apparently chem was scored harsh this year though, something like 50% were 2's or 1's.

ACEtrainer.Cedric..117

School just began fully from yesterday (full time with afterclasses and serious teaching ).most of the teachers know me well so i have no problem with them except my science teacher.she's a total nutjob and teaches garbage!.it's like this - pure science according to her is :barium+sodium+sodium =Ba+Na+Na.which is banana. Crazy isn't it.in other words she makes her own science and teaches that to us ,and that science will not be dound anywhere.

ACEtrainer.Cedric..117

School just began fully from yesterday (full time with afterclasses and serious teaching ).most of the teachers know me well so i have no problem with them except my science teacher.she's a total nutjob and teaches garbage!.it's like this - pure science according to her is :barium+sodium+sodium =Ba+Na+Na.which is banana. Crazy isn't it.in other words she makes her own science and teaches that to us ,and that science will not be found anywhere.

College is fun, it's only the first week and I'm already learning a lot of new things and I'm so glad that I'm finally officially majoring in audiovisual-animation :U

oh wow, the first week of my second year lol

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Good luck Mal.

So I've been waiting all summer to get my financial aid but I never got it and I was freaking out. So I decided to call the Office of Financial Aid today and turns out the reason is because I am not signed up for up to 12 hours (one of the classes I signed up for got cancelled but nobody thought it prudent to email me the memo). Long story short it looks like I will be finishing the Spanish Minor this semester.

Navin

MALDREAD
Good luck Mal.

So I've been waiting all summer to get my financial aid but I never got it and I was freaking out. So I decided to call the Office of Financial Aid today and turns out the reason is because I am not signed up for up to 12 hours (one of the classes I signed up for got cancelled but nobody thought it prudent to email me the memo). Long story short it looks like I will be finishing the Spanish Minor this semester.

Thanks Brobias.

Same **** happened to me with my scholarship. I was waitlisted (needed instructor's approval) and under 12 credits, and they withheld the semester reward. They don't tell you either until you see the big fat bill awaiting in payments.

BUG

insert joke so dated I don't even remember it
Alright I'm officially graduated. I'm ready to max out this summer's potential before college starts. I feel like college is going to hit me like a ton of bricks.

It will, but damn if it isn't a fantastic bag of bricks.
The amount of freedom is intoxicating (or maybe that's the drugs and alcohol...)

As someone who's about to go into his 5th year, here's some advice for your 1st:
-GO TO CLASS. The only person who gives a rat's *** about your education now is you. Regardless of what you may tell yourself in bed at 7:30 it's always worth it to go, especially during your freshman year. Build good habits.
-Major in something you're passionate about. College is an absolute slog if you're not enjoying yourself. In a similar vein, be curious always. The good professors love that.
-Find a club for something you're into. Most colleges have a student activities fair. Make sure to attend this and get a feel for the clubs available to you. My best friends were all met in student organizations.
-If you want your grade changed, don't ask for it changed. Professors have trends and averages to keep, and they can't give out grade boosts willy nilly. However, if they're already fond of you and you ask them how to do better in your next class, they might discover they graded a quiz wrong and your 3.4 is really 3.6 (I've got 2 or 3 grade points this way and I never asked for a single .1 of them)
-Do something even though you might fail. Apply to the hardest major in the school. Go up to that pretty girl and ask for her number. Take on more responsibility than you think you can handle. You'll surprise yourself.

At no time in your life will you ever be surrounded by so many of your peers, with so many doors open to you. Squeeze every last drop out of college because 4 years will pass in an instant.

MechanisticMoth

Eloquent Speaker
-GO TO CLASS.
-Major in something you're passionate about.
-Find a club for something you're into.
-If you want your grade changed, don't ask for it changed.
-Do something even though you might fail.
At no time in your life will you ever be surrounded by so many of your peers, with so many doors open to you. Squeeze every last drop out of college because 4 years will pass in an instant.

I can add to this because I was a TA/teacher (think professor but without the degree and in grad school) at a state school for two years.
- If you go to class and participate, the teacher is much more willing to let your grade slide. I gave my students better grades when they approached me for help because I knew they were trying extremely hard to succeed.
- Never be afraid of asking for help. It can be nerve wracking at first, but it is worth it. If you are ever confused, ask for clarification and more detail. The prof will be happy to answer. (Fun fact: there are stupid questions, but a professor will usually still answer them)
- This is a bit of a pet peeve, but don't constantly ask for extra credit. Focus on earning actual credit first because there might not be any "extra" to go around.
- Be adventurous and choose something you're passionate about. I wrote my master's thesis on postfeminism in all-female team superhero comics, and they still somehow passed me for my degree. Make what you do your own.

Ampharosity

Electric Enthusiast
School starts week after next. Not necessarily dreading it, but am kinda worried about starting another year. Not to mention Cross-Country starts on Monday. ;-; Wish me luck everyone.

TheEliteEmpoleon

It will, but damn if it isn't a fantastic bag of bricks.
The amount of freedom is intoxicating (or maybe that's the drugs and alcohol...)

As someone who's about to go into his 5th year, here's some advice for your 1st:
-GO TO CLASS. The only person who gives a rat's *** about your education now is you. Regardless of what you may tell yourself in bed at 7:30 it's always worth it to go, especially during your freshman year. Build good habits.
-Major in something you're passionate about. College is an absolute slog if you're not enjoying yourself. In a similar vein, be curious always. The good professors love that.
-Find a club for something you're into. Most colleges have a student activities fair. Make sure to attend this and get a feel for the clubs available to you. My best friends were all met in student organizations.
-If you want your grade changed, don't ask for it changed. Professors have trends and averages to keep, and they can't give out grade boosts willy nilly. However, if they're already fond of you and you ask them how to do better in your next class, they might discover they graded a quiz wrong and your 3.4 is really 3.6 (I've got 2 or 3 grade points this way and I never asked for a single .1 of them)
-Do something even though you might fail. Apply to the hardest major in the school. Go up to that pretty girl and ask for her number. Take on more responsibility than you think you can handle. You'll surprise yourself.

I can add to this because I was a TA/teacher (think professor but without the degree and in grad school) at a state school for two years.
- If you go to class and participate, the teacher is much more willing to let your grade slide. I gave my students better grades when they approached me for help because I knew they were trying extremely hard to succeed.
- Never be afraid of asking for help. It can be nerve wracking at first, but it is worth it. If you are ever confused, ask for clarification and more detail. The prof will be happy to answer. (Fun fact: there are stupid questions, but a professor will usually still answer them)
- This is a bit of a pet peeve, but don't constantly ask for extra credit. Focus on earning actual credit first because there might not be any "extra" to go around.
- Be adventurous and choose something you're passionate about. I wrote my master's thesis on postfeminism in all-female team superhero comics, and they still somehow passed me for my degree. Make what you do your own.

Oy thanks for these bits of advice. I get there on Tuesday, so I'll be sure to keep them in consideration.

MechanisticMoth

Eloquent Speaker
Oy thanks for these bits of advice. I get there on Tuesday, so I'll be sure to keep them in consideration.

No problem! I'm sure you'll do great today and good luck!

On that note, Good luck to anyone heading back to school in the next couple weeks! Study hard and you'll succeed, but don't forget to have fun while you're at it!

OTL school starts tomorrow for me, i hope it all goes well;; 8th grade sounds like a tough year for me.....

ebevan91

This is the first year I won't be going to school since before pre-school waaaaaaay back in like 1995. Feels good to be graduated from college.

I start nursing classes tomorrow. Haven't been in school for 3 years since I graduated and worked in research. But I'm confident I can pull it off. I only have one class which is intro so I'm not worried. Show up to class, read book, take notes and ask questions. Doesn't sound too hard. I'm down. And it's only a minimester so I'm sure I can get in the program next semester.

Navarch

Had all summer to read these books and write this long *** essay and do these art projects, but ya boi waits until the very last minute because I'm actually terrible lmao

Search_Ops_TeamD

ShaggySmurf
Been back to classes for 3 weeks now. University life seems chill this semester. I like it. Not the best of starts, missed a few classes already, but nothing I can't catch up with. Can't back out now. I feel too old to start fresh, so this is my last chance to earn my degree. Wish me luck. And best of luck to all you students out there. For those of you already in the real world, work hard and dream big. It's good to be back in the forums.

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
My 3-week vacation is closely coming to an end. We'll be starting 2nd trimester, and oh man, I'll be taking on-the-job training this semester. I don't know how to feel after a lot of thing happened during my 3-week vacation.