• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Student Lounge Thread.

MoonSong

Frosty the Ninetales
I start next Monday. I still have to read a book and write two paragraphs on how it is thematically similar to another book, but I wrote 3 outlines for AP Bio yesterday, I deserve a day to relax. All my friends started school already and now I'm lonely...

JCW18

Go, Explotaro!
I'm now three weeks into my junior year.

The Scarlet Letter is so much fun! /s

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Dealing with a two-week head cold and throat illness stopped me from going to office hours for a class in fear of possibly spreading it, and now I'm about to pay for it in this exam tomorrow. I really wanted to go to office hours to prevent this very situation from happening too.

Just feeling really defeated right now.

Search_Ops_TeamD

ShaggySmurf
My school day could have been better. Almost didnt make my morning electronics lab, and my presentation for my afternoon class had to be cut short (and I was gonna do so well), which will probably affect my grade since I opted not to do it next week. But either way, the tasks were completed, it's really all I cared about.

TheEliteEmpoleon

My first college test week is about to begin. It's just calc ii on Monday and chem on Wednesday, but I'm still anxious, as I've got a bunch of smaller things going on as well. Biology test is next week. College has been great so far, though!

MechanisticMoth

Eloquent Speaker
My first college test week is about to begin. It's just calc ii on Monday and chem on Wednesday, but I'm still anxious, as I've got a bunch of smaller things going on as well. Biology test is next week. College has been great so far, though!

You're doing fantastic! Keep it up and stay positive. Also, make sure you set aside some time to have fun rather than be consumed by tests. The last thing you want to have happen is for you to only think about math equations and the periodic table for the next two weeks.

Search_Ops_TeamD

ShaggySmurf
Oh wow...The Student Lounge is pretty quiet, compared to before. It's been a while since I came to let some stress out, yet I don't see much happening. Looks like a lot of people are pretty busy nowadays. Or did I miss something? Anyways, classes are almost over, and I have a few things to catch up on. This semester could have been better (I've said that every semester since I started college). I just can't seem to show my full potential. I mean, I learn the subjects, I get the ideas, but I always end up content with a passing grade. Was college just not my thing? I need to make a contingency plan if I'm to make something of myself. On a brighter note, Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner. Everyone ready for a break?

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Trust me, after not getting sick all year, to get gravely ill this Thanksgiving break especially when I have an essay due Friday midnight that I would have started earlier but I haven't been able to get out of bed for the better part of this week. I'm feeling slightly well enough to attempt writing but being hopped up on Lemon Tea and lozenges coupled with the spinning that comes and goes every 5 minutes, I'm taking an L.

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
well, i got my first college acceptance message thing today. it's only from my backup school, but it takes a ton of pressure off my shoulders, which is nice.
i'm not supposed to hear back from my top choice until late january (and i submitted in mid october), with my two other schools not being due until early january (doubt i'll get into either of those though v.v).

now to use the next two weeks of winter break to hopefully crank out those final essays, school projects, and late work that has accumulated from my laziness.

MechanisticMoth

Eloquent Speaker
well, i got my first college acceptance message thing today. it's only from my backup school, but it takes a ton of pressure off my shoulders, which is nice.
i'm not supposed to hear back from my top choice until late january (and i submitted in mid october), with my two other schools not being due until early january (doubt i'll get into either of those though v.v).

Congrats! I remember getting accepted to college. It was a little bittersweet because I didn't get into the one I applied early decision for, but I'm really glad I went to the one I did because it helped encourage me to pursue a master's degree (which I don't really use but hey).

Finals start for me on Monday but luckily I only really have one I'm stressing about~

I hope you successfully made it through finals. I'm sure you rocked them, including the one you were worried about!

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I'm on the verge of tears (of joy). I got 88% on my chemistry final! I was CERTAIN I would get something around 60% (which greatly stressed me out considering I needed a minimum of 50%, otherwise I would automatically fail the class). I have no idea how I got so high but I'm truly happy! I was expecting a crash in my chemistry average but it didn't move at all! So happily surprised!

I still got grades in physics, chemistry, litterature and sports to wait after. Satisfied with my art and biology final grades, but I am right on the average grade in philosophy... This is gonna hurt my academic performance rating if I didn't KILL IT in the four classes where the final grade is still unknown.

On the bright side, only one semester to go and I'm off to university! This is pretty thrilling but frightening at the same time... I'm just happy the last one does not seem nearly as painful as the one I just went through, considering the last semester is not taken into account when applying for university.

Last edited:

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
I took 5 College classes last semester and I happen to pass all of them with C's. Sure not impressive, but I barely passed them. Two weeks from now I will be going back with only two classes to do. Thank god!

Hydrangea

Just a creature
Staff member
I'm back to school on Wednesday and my first semester was a little rocky. I ended up withdrawing from Linguistics because the teacher sucked at explaining things and when you asked for help he would kinda hesitate and be like yeah just do what I showed you. It was a real pain.

I had been waiting on my last mark since the 20th, when I wrote the final for that course and they just went up yesterday and I was expecting like a low C because I had been having a lot of trouble with the class. (Math/Science based, not my strong suit.). However, yesterday the mark came back as a B- which was way above my expectations for myself.

My next semester should be more fun though. My earliest class is at 11am so I can sleep in pretty nicely. On Tuesday and Thursday my classes don't start till 1. So that's nice.

Search_Ops_TeamD

ShaggySmurf
So check this out. A teacher of mine gave me a failing grade, which ended up almost ruining my Christmas. Fortunately, she saw the error of her ways and offered apologies, as well as a grade change. That was before Christmas. It's already past New Year's and still no grade change. Now I have to speak to someone with more authority to make sure this doesn't come back and bite me in the behind when registration begins for this semester. It's a good thing this particular class is not a requisite for the ones I'll be taking this semester. But aside from that, I got a pretty decent average for last semester. Better than expected. I'm hoping to get a few classes with a few friends of mine I've been apart from. It just make things easier. Now to find a quick way to make money to pay for tuition. I have 10 days....

Hydrangea

Just a creature
Staff member
Now to find a quick way to make money to pay for tuition. I have 10 days....

Oi, I feel you there. I set up a payment plan for mine but it's still looking to be almost $550 dollars a month. Yikes yikes yikes.

I still have to buy books too, at least my teachers were somewhat kind and three of my books are only $20 bucks. I think from my total calculations my books will be almost $200 unless my teacher for Astronomy changes his mind and makes us buy that $170 book. Otherwise, my teachers this semester seem pretty cool so far. Didn't have to go today because I have the same dude for both my classes and he was in a conference in Philadelphia or something.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
So about a week ago, my final grades were all filled in and I'm overall satisfied with my performance: my lowest grade being 81% in philosophy. I am still stressing over my still-to-be-calculated R score (which is a sort of academic performance rating used here in university selections in Québec). I am above the average in basically every class (with the sole exception being philosophy, where the average score of my class is 81%) but I am still trying to do some slight mental calculations to know whether or not my R score is going to drop. Not every class has the same value in this calculation (with my art and philosophy classes only weighing 2,00 units and the rest of my classes such as chemistry, physics and litterature are worth 2,66 units), and fortunately for me the classes where I really kicked *ss were in the ones worth more units. I'm just hoping this 0,66 difference in units will save me, but I have my doubts...

Anyway, last semester of college is starting in exactly two weeks and I'm quite excited for it. I have been relieved of chemistry and physics class, which were quite the obstacle. Instead, I will attend maths, biology and geology classes, in which I excel at so far (except in geology, since it'll be my first geology college course). I also chose 'Law and its Philosophy' as a class that is not specific to my natural science program that will surely be interesting: the domain of law has always been something I felt like I should know more of and having this as a selected class seems to me like a valuable opportunity to learn if I have any interest in pursuing studies in law. Of course, it will come in quite clutch, as my university submission is to be sent as of March 1st...

Last edited:

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
Gearing up for what should be my last semester of grad school, and let me tell you, I am ready to be done (and for a nap). Just got done filling out some student loan info and at the end, I had to go over an exit interview saying I understand everything about my loans. The last portion had a projected calculator for how much I would need to make out of school to live comfortably (put in estimations for rent/bills/etc) and pay off student debt. I kept everything the same as it is now for spending that I currently have, their estimation was I would need to make $138K (USD). I couldn't believe how unrealistic of a number they gave. I know it's an algorithm but it was still absurd. V_v.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Do you guys know any great tests I can take to give me some ideas on my career interests and future study paths ? University applications are coming real soon and I have yet to put a finger on what I want to do... I'm under a lot of stress right now and honestly if there was some magical personality test I could take that could help me, it'd be so appreciated...

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
Having a hard time managing schedule since it's our last semester. The capstone thing; the On-the-Job Training & Narrative Reports to pass and got 5 more subjects left to hopefully end this semester in graduating gowns. and i'm graduating. Hopefully and i really do hope to graduate this May.