• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Stun Spore Detour! (112)

Daizy

I call you honey
Poliwag helping Misty didn't make sense since it was wild, but when it helped her fight TR I had a feeling she'd catch it. It was an odd choice though.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Poliwag helping Misty didn't make sense since it was wild, but when it helped her fight TR I had a feeling she'd catch it. It was an odd choice though.

Nyoromo grew attached to Kasumi from the get-go, hence why Kasumi captured it. The two of them were essentially meant for each other, as we clearly saw.

I'll never forget my confusion at the end since we didn't see Poliwag get caught by Misty in the usual way via a Poke Ball tossing scene. It seemed so weird when Poliwag showed up again later on with no fanfare. Anyway I loved how James and Meowth were so loyal to Jessie when she was ill and how they even felt gratitude when Misty left them some of the medicinal plant.

Leonhart

Imagineer
FullmetalJackie said:
Anyway I loved how James and Meowth were so loyal to Jessie when she was ill and how they even felt gratitude when Misty left them some of the medicinal plant.

I admired how much trouble Nyasu and Kojirou went through to cure Musashi, although to be honest Musashi is such a bad friend to them that she didn't deserve it.

I admired how much trouble Nyasu and Kojirou went through to cure Musashi, although to be honest Musashi is such a bad friend to them that she didn't deserve it.

I almost thought she was faking her illness at first but it looks like she really did suffer from the same paralysis as Ash and Tracey. I think she should've been way more grateful for James and Meowth.

Leonhart

Imagineer
FullmetalJackie said:
I almost thought she was faking her illness.

I considered that too since it seemed like she was overreacting and milking her condition for all it was worth, but I guess that was just Musashi being dramatic about things.

Poliwag's fate confused me as a child because we didn't actually see if Misty caught it or not and I was left baffled until she used Poliwag in a later episode. I really liked how James and Meowth went through hell just to get the medicinal plant for Jessie's illness. Ash and Tracey being sick too was a good thing since it allowed Misty to get the most of the episode to herself without them interfering. I felt bad for the wild Vileplume that got startled. 7/10

Jnmisty

It is also one of my favorite episodes. Yes Misty gained a new pokemon. When Pikachu was at the cabin looking after a sick Ash and Tracey, it looked like it was going to say I wish Brock was here.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Jnmisty said:
It is also one of my favorite episodes. Yes Misty gained a new pokemon. When Pikachu was at the cabin looking after a sick Ash and Tracey, it looked like it was going to say I wish Brock was here.

Speaking of Takeshi, this episode sort of proved that without him Satoshi's group was missing an integral member since Takeshi knew all about medicine, whereas nobody else did and it's extremely lucky that Kasumi wasn't also affected by the Stun Spore, otherwise nobody would've been able to cure the cast.

SerenaRulez

Isn't it weird how Vileplume were shown to be troublemakers in the orange islands? First Prof. Ivy got hurt by their pollen and now here Ash and Tracey and Jessie got Stun Spore'd by Vileplume.

Leonhart

Imagineer
SerenaRulez said:
Isn't it weird how Vileplume were shown to be troublemakers in the orange islands? First Prof. Ivy got hurt by their pollen and now here Ash and Tracey and Jessie got Stun Spore'd by Vileplume.

I wouldn't call the species a trouble-maker per se, however. In the Uchikido-hakase episode, it was the wild Ratta's fault for entering the Ruffresia's territory during their pollen ritual, and in this episode the wild Ruffresia only used Stun Spore because it got startled.

Jnmisty

That maybe true, however in this episode, the Vileplume in question is more like at the wrong place wrong time sort of situation.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Jnmisty said:
That maybe true, however in this episode, the Vileplume in question is more like at the wrong place wrong time sort of situation.

That's true, although part of me still blames Satoshi himself for what happened since he was the one who accidentally spooked the wild Ruffresia here if I remember right.

Ah yes Poliwag, the first Amourshipper. God bless Poliwag.
This episode reminds me of the one where Oshawott opens his eyes in water and PALPITOAD and Stunfisk the memelords are caught