• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Stupidest Person You've Ever Seen.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Aside from here and Reddit?

One of my co-workers thought that George Zimmerman actually won the lottery (it was actually an article from the Onion, which meant that it wasn't real), that Brazil and Peru were the same country- even though he mentioned both of them by name, that the zombie apocalypse will actually happen, and that the European and Pacific theaters of WWII did not take place at the same time.

Among many of the conspiracy theories that he believes are occuring, like how Monsanto is poisoning us and how there will be a civil war because of Trayvon Martin.

garretslarrity

Unova Champion
My dad. He asks me how to spell words like "huge" and "usually." I swear I was adopted from good looking billionaires.

I know a kid named Dubby that once fell face first off a toilet.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Today I came across some lady who was not really dumb per se, but did do something for what seemed like a really stupid reason to me. So I was going about my daily business when she called me from a blocked phone number. I answered, and she somehow knew my full name. Even weirder was the actual conversation, which went something like this:

Her: So where's your boyfriend now?
Me: Uh... Probably at home. (I had just seen him last night)
Her: I think you're lying.
Me: Who is this?
Her: Why should you care?
Me: Well, I don't recognise you, so how am I supposed to trust you?
Her: Well, he told me that the only reason you're with him is that you enjoy (censored).
Me: (scowling) Okay... Do you even know him? What's his name?
Her: He also told me that (explicit sexual insult).
Me: Come on. What's his name? What does he look like?
Her: Why are you asking me this?
Me: Well, if you're refusing to answer, then that must mean you really don't know anything about either of us.
Her: I'm an impostor? Really? Why don't you go ask your boyfriend what he thinks about your relationship?
(the call gets dropped)

At this point I'm really wondering what this girl's problem is. Then a few minutes later she calls me back...

Her: So did you go tell your boyfriend about it?
Me: No, because I don't trust a word you say.

Then she just started spewing out insults about my hygiene and calling me a dumb a** b****, and laughing during some of them. The call got dropped again. A few minutes later she called back a THIRD time, and this time I was fed up and told her that she obviously does not know anything about me or my boyfriend. I hung up. She immediately called back, but this time I refused the call. Same thing happened. I refused the call again.

Then, two hours later, I got another call from a blocked number. My optimistic side considered that maybe this was a different person, so I started off with a polite hello. Turns out it was the same girl--I could tell from her voice. This time I told her that she didn't have anything important she could say to me, and good bye. I think that time she finally got the hint. But still, I spent quite a while afterward wondering why some stranger would be calling me about such a thing. Alas, stupidity defies all logic and reason.

Oh, and on another note, I will never forget that one guy in my high school whose T-shirt read "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers". Indeed... And similarly, Scar's famous quote from the Lion King: "I'm surrounded by idiots."

Mr. L 500

YOOM-TAH!
Well, a few weeks ago I drove past a guy who was using a flame thrower of some sort to weed his flower bed...
That's probably one of the stupider things I've seen someone do recently.

The poor people at Baton Rouge Community College.

Shadow Caster

Plasma Executive

ebevan91

Ahh yes... the good ol' days of not knowing the Onion was a satirical website.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Some dear neighbor... who thinks that a certain kind of grape vine is a plant. Newsflash, sir... it's not, it's classified as a weed in some states and it kills trees. And it's killed one of mine in my back yard -_-.

* No offense meant to the person, but the other trees in the yard cost quite a bit of money to replace and I'd like to be able to keep them alive. The grape vine is spreading and trying to go after anything else that is growing and I can't even plant anything else in the area, without worrying that the vine will kill that as well.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Anyone who puts up trades on the GTS asking for Reshiram/Zekrom Lv. 9 and under.
This literally clogs up the GTS (look up any Pokémon and see for yourself.)
What's worse, this never happened back in Gen IV. Very rarely saw anyone asking for Dialga/Palkia Lv. 9 and under (or any other legendary bar Mew, really.)
What happened in people's heads that made them all want to ask for Reshiram/Zekrom Lv. 9 and under?

*Ugh* I can relate. That gets old fast.

How's anyone going to get anything off of there with all of that clogging it up?

It happens there more often now too :(. It sucks really.

Anyone who puts up trades on the GTS asking for Reshiram/Zekrom Lv. 9 and under.
What's worse, this never happened back in Gen IV. Very rarely saw anyone asking for Dialga/Palkia Lv. 9 and under (or any other legendary bar Mew, really.)
What happened in people's heads that made them all want to ask for Reshiram/Zekrom Lv. 9 and under?
This. Trades on the GTS are so terrible. Trades are so lopsided on the GTS: Ex. Offering lvl 20 tauros. Want: Deoxys. At least it isn't as bad as GTS Negotiations.

Scolipedeluv

Squad member Ricchan

Why would you even want a Zekrom under lv9? It has terrible stats and an even more shallow movepool than it already has.

Yamask

Super Barbie
Why would you even want a Zekrom under lv9? It has terrible stats and an even more shallow movepool than it already has.

You're basically asking for someone to give you a hacked Pokémon, as there's no way to get a legal Zekrom in that level.

What's the point though? Are you showing off your Pokémon? Do you think someone's actually going to offer? idgi

Earlier today I was at Heathrow Airport flying to Canada to see family. Everything was progressing smoothly until we got to security (The part where you have to take literally everything off and put everything in trays so it gets scanned so that WTC doesn't repeat itself). I had my laptop in a bag with me, and I attached this thing to the zip:

img-thing

When you pull the trigger, it does nothing more than flash red and make a zapping noise. When I detached the gun from the bag, one of the security staff picks it up and says I can't have it on the flight. My mom gets annoyed and says things along the lines of "It's a keychain" and "Oh come on". Apparently, anything that even remotely looks like a firearm isn't allowed on the flight, regardless of size (It fits in the palm of my hand) Even if it's a comical laser gun from a kid's TV show or something wacky. Because you can totally terrorize an entire flight with this keychain, right?

So he just chucks it in the tray of rejected items, and now I'm in Canada and I'll never see it again. Seriously, it's just a keychain. Would it hurt to just let it pass? It actually passed through security on multiple trips with no worries at all, at least they had some common sense unlike this typical paranoid British security guard.

And that, people, is the United Kingdom.

ebevan91

I remember back in high school, some girl had no idea where South America was but knew where North America was.

How does that even work?

Last edited:
Earlier today I was at Heathrow Airport flying to Canada to see family. Everything was progressing smoothly until we got to security (The part where you have to take literally everything off and put everything in trays so it gets scanned so that WTC doesn't repeat itself). I had my laptop in a bag with me, and I attached this thing to the zip:

img-thing

When you pull the trigger, it does nothing more than flash red and make a zapping noise. When I detached the gun from the bag, one of the security staff picks it up and says I can't have it on the flight. My mom gets annoyed and says things along the lines of "It's a keychain" and "Oh come on". Apparently, anything that even remotely looks like a firearm isn't allowed on the flight, regardless of size (It fits in the palm of my hand) Even if it's a comical laser gun from a kid's TV show or something wacky. Because you can totally terrorize an entire flight with this keychain, right?

So he just chucks it in the tray of rejected items, and now I'm in Canada and I'll never see it again. Seriously, it's just a keychain. Would it hurt to just let it pass? It actually passed through security on multiple trips with no worries at all, at least they had some common sense unlike this typical paranoid British security guard.

And that, people, is the United Kingdom.
Not much of a surprise, considering how many CCTV cameras there are in London and other big cities in GB. I thought the U.S.A was getting bad; I guess NYC is catching up quickly thanks to nanny Bloomberg.