• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Stupidest Person You've Ever Seen.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
There was once a guy that asked me "Is a duck a plant, animal, protist, or fungi?"

And this guy was a straight A biology student. Huh?

Ask

cringelord
Me when I was about 9. Not only did I act like I did when I was 4, but I was a jerk to people who then bullied me. And I was surprised they were bullying me.

I've changed, don't worry.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
Yeah, a lot the things that people do only make them look stupid, but they probably really aren't. Most likely just a part of their carelessness or impulse.

Sometimes I do some stupid things, but I think that's also due to the circumstances of the situation, like when feeling uncomfortable or awkward.

Yeah, that's probably what it is, but it's frustrating and I wish she'd stop acting that way. If she stopped feeling so self conscious maybe I wouldn't get so agitated by it. She's still young so she has a lot of growing up to do too.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Yeah, that's probably what it is, but it's frustrating and I wish she'd stop acting that way. If she stopped feeling so self conscious maybe I wouldn't get so agitated by it. She's still young so she has a lot of growing up to do too.

It may be annoying, sometimes people don't realize how they appear in front of others. But if she is feeling self-conscious, you shouldn't really be blaming her. At the same time, I know these kinds of things can be difficult to handle between both sides. I guess the best thing you could do is try to ignore her behavior. Hopefully she can gradually overcome her feelings and/or realize her outside behavior as time passes.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
It may be annoying, sometimes people don't realize how they appear in front of others. But if she is feeling self-conscious, you shouldn't really be blaming her. At the same time, I know these kinds of things can be difficult to handle between both sides. I guess the best thing you could do is try to ignore her behavior. Hopefully she can gradually overcome her feelings and/or realize her outside behavior as time passes.

Some people handle pressure differently, so I get it. I do the best I can to ignore it, but when you have to work directly with someone it becomes increasingly difficult. She's only a teenager, so she has quite a bit of pressure there and then she takes on a high pressure job. I get where the stress and self-consciousness is coming from. As for the "uh uhm", it makes her look like she doesn't know what she's doing and showing any signs of being unsure of yourself makes the job more difficult on her as well. Other employees and customers will not firmly believe in what we are trying to communicate with them. Say someone brings their cat to a vet and wants her spayed. The dog will need to be placed under anestethia. Then, have staples or sutures. If the customer asks "Will my cat wake up from the anesthesia?" If the employee says "Uhh well uhm uh yeah most likely." It doesn't sound too reassuring, the customer will probably take her cat elsewhere. Other employees may also recommend going elsewhere. It needs to be "Most likely, but there are still some risks."
I really hope she can work through it and I hope she's not in it "because it's cool", because it's not. She will probably continue to frustrate me. I've never not been nice to her because that's not who I am. Just sometimes I will need to vent.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Some people handle pressure differently, so I get it. I do the best I can to ignore it, but when you have to work directly with someone it becomes increasingly difficult. She's only a teenager, so she has quite a bit of pressure there and then she takes on a high pressure job. I get where the stress and self-consciousness is coming from. As for the "uh uhm", it makes her look like she doesn't know what she's doing and showing any signs of being unsure of yourself makes the job more difficult on her as well. Other employees and customers will not firmly believe in what we are trying to communicate with them. Say someone brings their cat to a vet and wants her spayed. The dog will need to be placed under anestethia. Then, have staples or sutures. If the customer asks "Will my cat wake up from the anesthesia?" If the employee says "Uhh well uhm uh yeah most likely." It doesn't sound too reassuring, the customer will probably take her cat elsewhere. Other employees may also recommend going elsewhere. It needs to be "Most likely, but there are still some risks."
I really hope she can work through it and I hope she's not in it "because it's cool", because it's not. She will probably continue to frustrate me. I've never not been nice to her because that's not who I am. Just sometimes I will need to vent.

Oh okay, I can understand more of where you're coming from. Overall, seems like something you'll just have to endure through. Has it already been a while since she's worked there? If not, maybe you could try reassuring her with a few words or attempt to make her feel less uncomfortable if it's not too awkward.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
Oh okay, I can understand more of where you're coming from. Overall, seems like something you'll just have to endure through. Has it already been a while since she's worked there? If not, maybe you could try reassuring her with a few words or attempt to make her feel less uncomfortable if it's not too awkward.

Less than a year, I remember training her, but I train a lot of people so I can't remember her exact start date. I suppose with the way I've been speaking it doesn't seem like I'm reassuring. However, if she's doing something and starts to stutter I usually tell her she's doing fine or she's doing/saying whatever right. I do it with a lot of people, especially a couple of the newer people, but their stutters are less obvious because they don't make such a dramatic pause and answer a question with what sounds like shes asking a question instead of giving an answer. I worry she finds me intimadating sometimes (I know that sounds silly). I will keep up being nice and reassuring and hopefully as time goes on the "uhm"s will subside. Probably not always, but hopefully more than right now.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Less than a year, I remember training her, but I train a lot of people so I can't remember her exact start date. I suppose with the way I've been speaking it doesn't seem like I'm reassuring. However, if she's doing something and starts to stutter I usually tell her she's doing fine or she's doing/saying whatever right. I do it with a lot of people, especially a couple of the newer people, but their stutters are less obvious because they don't make such a dramatic pause and answer a question with what sounds like shes asking a question instead of giving an answer. I worry she finds me intimadating sometimes (I know that sounds silly). I will keep up being nice and reassuring and hopefully as time goes on the "uhm"s will subside. Probably not always, but hopefully more than right now.

I guess it's more of a bad habit for her. Dunno if you could try to tell her to give you a more straightforward answer than to make pauses and stutters. I remember that I used to do that when I was younger sometimes, and my father just told me to stop doing that in a harsh tone. It was upsetting at first but he continued to remind me that, and I've gradually deviated from doing it ever since. Sometimes being a bit forceful can help make change. But I get that you don't want to appear intimidating, it's not like you're her parent or in charge of teaching her. Along with words, body language is also important. It's hard to cover up your annoyance with others, but trying to have a pleasant look on your face might help put her at ease. You probably know this already, but it can be difficult to remember these things sometimes.

Relating more on the topic, I remember doing something stupid a while ago. I was on the bottom floor and entered the elevator. I pressed the 6th floor since that was where my room was. As the elevator went up, it stopped on the ground floor for more people. I began to think that I should take the stairs instead because I wanted to have more leg exercise, something strange like that xD. So when the elevator opened up on the ground floor I went out. But as I went out, I heard one of them say "why is the 6th floor button pressed?" I immediately regretted leaving, but I found it funny that I did that later on.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
I guess it's more of a bad habit for her. Dunno if you could try to tell her to give you a more straightforward answer than to make pauses and stutters. I remember that I used to do that when I was younger sometimes, and my father just told me to stop doing that in a harsh tone. It was upsetting at first but he continued to remind me that, and I've gradually deviated from doing it ever since. Sometimes being a bit forceful can help make change. But I get that you don't want to appear intimidating, it's not like you're her parent or in charge of teaching her. Along with words, body language is also important. It's hard to cover up your annoyance with others, but trying to have a pleasant look on your face might help put her at ease. You probably know this already, but it can be difficult to remember these things sometimes.

Relating more on the topic, I remember doing something stupid a while ago. I was on the bottom floor and entered the elevator. I pressed the 6th floor since that was where my room was. As the elevator went up, it stopped on the ground floor for more people. I began to think that I should take the stairs instead because I wanted to have more leg exercise, something strange like that xD. So when the elevator opened up on the ground floor I went out. But as I went out, I heard one of them say "why is the 6th floor button pressed?" I immediately regretted leaving, but I found it funny that I did that later on.

It is the way it is. We will try and work through it. I did work with her again today. It was quite busy though so it was easier to not be bothered.
As for stupid things people do. I was in the car the other day. Passenger seat. I freaked out and gasped for air because I thought we were going to hit an animal. I had seen something move. We got closer. It was a paper bag. It was kind of hysterical.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
It is the way it is. We will try and work through it. I did work with her again today. It was quite busy though so it was easier to not be bothered.
As for stupid things people do. I was in the car the other day. Passenger seat. I freaked out and gasped for air because I thought we were going to hit an animal. I had seen something move. We got closer. It was a paper bag. It was kind of hysterical.

Hope everything continues to go smoothly! I hope the driver didn't get too startled. :p

So in my dorm in the middle of the night, my roommate and I were sleeping. But suddenly we heard our door open and hear some loud noises. We wake up and see what's going on. Turns out some of my floormates was trying to do something in our common area, but they were loud and kept hitting against other things. They notice us, and one of them said "I didn't know you were here" and then they immediately left. We were just like wtf ofc we'd be here lol..

Br0k3n s0Ul

Br0k3n sOUl
I hate it when you like someone and then find out they don't like you back. Or if they move away. Or if YOU move away. Or if you're part of a love triangle. Or if your friends treat you like a third wheel all the time. Let's just say that I hate how complicated a love life can be.

That is, when you're trying and then the stupid people are the ones that turn away from you or those that separate you from those you like.

Last edited:

Omegagoldfish

My will be done
There was this one kid in school who was obsessed with horses and never stopped talking about them.
She dropped out.

Omegagoldfish

My will be done
Well that and the fact that she knew literally nothing else.
It is a miracle she was able to get through first grade. Other than talk about horses to whoever was unfortunate enough to lack a good excuse, all she did was throw tantrums and fail to turn in assignments.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
The other day someone said
"I'm not skinny because I eat meat."

I laughed so hard.