• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Successes of Gen V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argentarus

What do you love about Generation V?
Despite being the one of the most controversial and divisive generations in the series, what stands out and makes it a great generation?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The main story is one of the best in the series.
TMs were made infinite use, removing the biggest drawback to using them.
Triple and Rotation Battles were inventive concepts that add more strategy to a battle. Too bad there isn't a lot of them.
Hidden Abilities add some new strategies to use on familiar Pokemon.
The large dex of new Pokemon helps to make Unova feel "unique. These games were meant to be a new beginning, and they did that very well.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
The birth of infinite use TMs and BW2's Joint Avenue was a great way to help get rare items and provide useful services for your Pokemon. Too bad Gen 7's Festival Plaza could not copy its enjoyment. Being limited to new Pokemon only was a fresh experience even if the designs were a bit hit and miss.

Argentarus

We already have an identical thread, called The Merits of Generation V.
I was unaware. The last activity according to search was in June of last year, and that was only done for this generation. It doesn't hurt to have another one either.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
What do you love about Generation V?
Despite being the one of the most controversial and divisive generations in the series, what stands out and makes it a great generation?
I'm going to take a guess that you don't seem to know that Gen V is almost unanimously popular among fans. I take it you saw a small group of loud-mouth fanboys who started hating every new generation since Gen 3 stopped Pokemon transfers from Gen 2. See when Gen VI hit, those same idiots suddenly praised how great Gen V was and how bad Gen VI was in-comparison. Take such "criticism" with a grain of salt unless it really is constructive.

Boss1991

Pokémon Master
The best thing about Gen V is the new region, Unova, the fleshed out human characters, and the OST.

And the PWT, one of the best features ever.

Last edited:

Boss1991

Pokémon Master
I love the entire theme of Unova about how "multiple majestic bridges connect the region".

It's something that makes Unova memorable, and instantly recognisable.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The first game was practically a soft reboot, only the Unova Pokemon available for use until you beat the game.

The best villain to date!

The sequel games were actually sequels! This really needs to happen again

catzeye

Writer's Block
  1. Actually Intriguing Main-line story plot
  2. Human characters getting fleshed out more as well as more diverse
  3. Pokemon World Tournament
  4. Proper sequels
  5. Forcing us to use new Pokemon at first, to allow them to shine
  6. Seasons
  7. The last in-game events (Victini comes to mind)

Monozu

この日、森の中・・・
^ A lot of people also forget that Meloetta had its own in-game event, in Castelia City (which is how it learns its signature move). Also Keldeo in Icirrus City.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Monozu said:
^ A lot of people also forget that Meloetta had its own in-game event, in Castelia City (which is how it learns its signature move). Also Keldeo in Icirrus City.

I think by in-game event he was referring to being able to download an item that unlocked a Mythical Pokemon's in-game location, as was the case for Victini. Keldeo and Meloetta activated events in Black and White, but they were different from Victini in the sense that they couldn't actually be caught via events in the games.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
The story, 100% the story. Still the best story Pokemon has ever come up with, with the original SM being the only games that give it a good run for its money.

Also, I got Meloetta from an event successfully as well as N's Zorua, so that was nice.

Most of my favorite pokemon come from either Gen 2 or Gen 5. Some of my favorites include Sawk, Chandelure, Reshiram, and recently Excadrill and Seismitoad (these seem to be the ones I could think of the most).

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
-Reuseable TMs
-Nice sprite work
-Limiting the player to only new Pokèmon
-B2W2’s story
-Introduced a lot of cool Pokèmon like Emboar, Krookodile, and Darmanitan
-Great OST

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
Everything about it.
Especially:
Unfezant. Better than Staraptor & Swellow combined for me. Mine for instance beat Marshal with just Fly.
The story.
The music.
Swanna too, she was helpful with Surf, Ice Beam, and Brave Bird.
Also the Monkeys too. They may not be everyone’s favorite, but they can be great mixed Attackers.

Status
Not open for further replies.