• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Successes of Gen VII

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Hyper Training for top stats. (Now if only you could change Nature too like Yo-kai Watch)
...what? Do we really need the option to change natures (which is basically brainwashing) when breeding for the right nature is easier than EV training? At least Hyper Training is justified by the fact it doesn't change the type of Hidden Power. What's next? The option to change the Pokemon's gender because only male Kirlia become Gallade and only female Combee evolve?

Shoganda

-The Z-Moves were fun. (Altho waiting the ~20 minutes for my person to do the dance was quite annoying after the 10th battle)
-Alolan Marowak was AMAZING!
-Toxapex!
-Ride Pokémon instead of HM's.
-SURFING!
-The variety of Move Tutor moves. (might just be me but seemed like there were more in USUM)
-Chaining Pokémon was a huge plus as well. Much better then the Hoards IMHO

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
In LGPE I think the cutscene inside of the Pokémon Tower of the Marowak TR killed seeing her child and going to the afterlife was appropriate. After playing Red for the first time and having to KO Marowak, I’ve always felt guilty about beating it up in subsequent play throughs and in FRLG. Marowak only wanted to Rest In Peace and know its child was okay while at the same time wanting to scare TR away for good. It never wanted to harm you and was only trying to scare you in order to protect the other Cubone inside the Tower. So battling it just to get past it seems to be a bit extreme once you figure out Marowak’s motives and that cutscene was the perfect way to resolve the whole Marowak ghost haunting the place. LGPE really got that figured out right.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The Gen VII games had a fascinating plot that I found enthralling in spite of my dislike of the characters involved. The region was gorgeous as well.

Kangaflora

Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon were definitely a success in my book. The trials were a nice change to the usual Gym Leaders. I also loved the Alolan Variants of certain Pokémon and I certianly hope that continues in Generation VIII along with Trainer Customization, the Z Moves (loved Alolan Raichu) and the Battle Tower, but I sincerely hope they bring back the Battle Frontier, I missed that.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Arguably the best post-game out of any of the OG versions, thought Johto was kind of empty.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
I love Gen VII. I think it’s innovative and fun, and a worthy and in some aspects, better, successor to my favorite generation, VI. These are the points I feel are the best parts of it:

• The region. Alola is just gorgeous. The games felt and still feel alive, the vibrant colors and improved graphics just enhancing the great concept. Some areas felt unexplored (the golf course, Altar of the Sunne/Moone), but for the most part the S/M games are full of exploration that doesn’t tire. Even the NPC’s feel like a living part of the region, and not just generic models to clear on a route. I love the diverse biomes too; they’re interesting areas Pokémon hasn't really delved into before. They could have easily just made Alola Hoenn 2.0, but they didn’t. It’s diverse and big, and one of my favorite regions to date (I have a thing for tropical regions- I’m looking at you, Hoenn).
• The Pokémon. I really like nearly all of the Gen VII ‘mons. Their designs are sharp and fresh, but some harken back to the I-IV days in their simplicity, which I appreciate. Gen VI has some great ones, but a lot of them feel overdesigned and busy (especially the Megas). Scaling it back a bit while still being detailed was a great move.
• The story and characters. Both of these factors made the games hit harder than most in the series. The story is quality and the characters are fantastic; it made me eager to progress in the game. USUM worsened it admittedly, but looking at just the originals, I stand by my opinion.
• The music. The OST has some of my favorite pieces in Pokémon, period. I genuinely enjoyed every track in the game, and I found myself going back to Malie and Hau’oli and Seafolk just for the music. An amazing OST in general.