• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Sun, the Moon and Everyone's Dreams! (1088)

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I kinda disagree here, Ash vs. Clemont was great, and Ash/Serena was ok for what it was even if they stopped. Ash/Kiawe was nice but it was way too brief and ended in another almost Z move draw. I'm glad it happened though.

Speaking of that, kinda glad Z moves will be ditched next gen. They were fine here, but seeing Ash win battles without relying on Z moves will be refreshing.
Ash vs Clemont was quite brief too and the worst: it was cut short

---------

By the way, I realized during the episode:

AFTER 3 YEARS, ASH FINALLY DEFEATED A CHARIZARD
I first thought it was the first time, but forgot he defeated a random Charizard of a even more random trainer in Hoenn League. Still justice for XY anyway

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness

---------

I first thought it was the first time, but forgot he defeated a random Charizard of a even more random trainer in Hoenn League. Still justice for XY anyway

I think He also defeated one with Totodile of all Pokemon in early Johto when Team Rocket used Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise vs Ash's Cyndaquil, Totodile and Pikachu.

p96822

Evolve me please

---------

Really? Alain's Charizard was a mega Pokemon that have far more important then Kiawe's Charizard

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I think He also defeated one with Totodile of all Pokemon in early Johto when Team Rocket used Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise vs Ash's Cyndaquil, Totodile and Pikachu.
And people think Alola TR is OP
It was a loan but usually they don't get even that

Really? Alain's Charizard was a mega Pokemon that have far more important then Kiawe's Charizard
Of course it was, it's just funny species-wise

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
And people think Alola TR is OP
It was a loan but usually they don't get even that

Of course it was, it's just funny species-wise

TR also had a 2nd Charizard which they used together with Aggron in AG177 where they fought Ash's Donphan and Brock's Steelix.

They had another Charizard back in Ep 56 of oryginał series but this time they did not use it against Ash.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
TR also had a 2nd Charizard which they used together with Aggron in AG177 where they fought Ash's Donphan and Brock's Steelix.

They had another Charizard back in Ep 56 of oryginał series but this time they did not use it against Ash.
Which of those was the one Jessie forced to learn dig?

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Naganadel going back to its homeworld draws a parallel to Goodra, both return home in the penultimate episode of their series, both instances occur at the top of the episode as well. Also I like the continuation of SM giving attention to pokemon that hadn't appeared in an eternity, this time it's Mantyke who hasn't appeared since DP171. (It's nice to see the animators remember that Mantyke exists, unlike the TCG where Mantyke's last print was in Diamond and Pearl) The last shot of the episode confirms that Electrium-Z becoming Pikashunium-Z is permanent now. Zoroark being the trigger that helped Magearna to awaken makes sense given it is Mohn's pokemon. At least Ash got redemption from XY in his battle with Kiawe, beating a Charizard with a 'mon with an ability it got from an event.

So it's pretty clear now that the next episode would focus on Lillie with magearna and probably Ninetales setting off with gladion to find Mohn.
It's still a Vulpix in the preview.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Yeah I know it's a Vulpix in the preview which means they either saved the evolution for next series when mohn is found or the ice stone is mentioned and rejected by snowy.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Olivia's line about looking back on yourself as a person reeks of personal continuity and pathos for Ash and I really REALLY hope the new anime doesn't drop the ball on this. Paying respect to Ash's journey while moving forward sounds perfect to me

Red and Blue

He barely relied on Z Moves though, specially in the League.
He kind of did though. The only time he didnt use a Z move in the league was in the Battle Royal and against Faba. Plus he used Z moves in most of his battles and against the Kahunas

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
He kind of did though. The only time he didnt use a Z move in the league was in the Battle Royal and against Faba. Plus he used Z moves in most of his battles and against the Kahunas

While I won't deny that too many battles in SM ended with Z-moves, Ash using Z-moves doesn't necessarily equate to him relying on them to win. His Grand Trials with Olivia and Nanu, as well as all of his League battles, weren't decided by Z-moves.

Nikinini

He used a Z Move in pretty much all of his major battles in Alola, but they almost never finished a battle or were what decided it, so I don't see it as him relying on them.

Against Hau for example, they both dodged each other's Z Moves early on, so it was basically a non-Z Move battle. Against Gladion Pikachu and Zoroark knocked each other out with their Z Moves, so the battle was decided by a regular match between the two Lycanrocs. Except for Guzma all of his opponents used Z Moves too.

The only times he finished a official battle with a Z Move were against Hala, Hapu and Kukui. Olivia's Probopass was also defeated by a Z Move but the battle continued after that.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
The only times he finished a official battle with a Z Move were against Hala, Hapu and Kukui.
Further adding to this, VS Kukui the final Z-Move clash literally only happened because of divine intervention. Normally the battle would have ended with Agoyon or Pikachu VS whatever Kukui's sixth was, and both of them had already used their Z-Moves at that point. 144's climax was essentially just Kapu-Kokeko going "Look, I want to have a Z-Move clash with Pikachu, okay?!" So it was hardly Satoshi "relying on" Z-Moves.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
The episode is mainly about what each of the main cast would do after they separate ways, although for Ash it's not surprising since he's going to travel to the next region. The only twist that would lead to do it is from Olivia's suggestion.

Most of the cast would do things that would be typical to their interests, like Mallow's cooking skills improvement, while Lillie managed to revive Magearna with her tears and her fond memories of her father and Zoroark.

Ok episode. Not so original because it's like the before or last episodes of the last series.