• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Sun, the Moon and Everyone's Dreams! (1088)

Sonnas

That doesn't mean there aren't episodes that couldn't be replaced. Off the top of my head, that one episode that focused only on the Pokemon and the one with the TV studio with the magical girl show were two relatively worthless episodes that could be replaced. I'm sure there's plenty more.
I can put in more, the one with them doing a play, the one they did a haunted house, the baseball one, the one that focused on Eevee, Shaymin and Meltan.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I can put in more, the one with them doing a play, the one they did a haunted house, the baseball one, the one that focused on Eevee, Shaymin and Meltan.

I was kind of focusing on episodes this season, so the baseball one and (I think) the haunted house one don't fit, but sure, we could have gotten rid of those too.

The Baseball episode was Snorlax's Z move debut, so yeah...no filler

I'm not sure how important it really is to show off Pulverizing Pancake. Is an episode not considered filler if it's the first to show off a regular move? I'm not really sure why a Z-Move would be any different. It's nothing vital to show or its story. And outside of the Z-Move, that episode the epitome of worthlessness. I personally rate it among the most worthless episodes in the entire show.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Baseball episode removed? HELL NO. It was one of the most entertaining fillers we got

While I entirely disagree with that statement, that's not the point. The point is how much value it had for the show as a whole, and how little to nothing would change by removing it. Given, it has a little more value than some of the other episodes mentioned, seeing as it did introduce a new Z-Move, so it wouldn't necessarily be removed before the others, but it's still a possible candidate, regardless of how much you personally enjoyed it.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
The Baseball episode was Snorlax's Z move debut, so yeah...no filler
We lose what exactly from not seeing Pulverizing Pancake? The fact that every Z Move wasn’t shown shoes that they’re not all that important to the plot especially coming from a minor character

Sonnas

I was kind of focusing on episodes this season, so the baseball one and (I think) the haunted house one don't fit, but sure.
But the haunted house one was in this season since it had the vignette with Eevee. Would the gold one and the Ultra beasts one count?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
But the haunted house one was in this season since it had the vignette with Eevee. Would the gold one and the Ultra beasts one count?

Yeah, those Eevee shorts were included in the first episodes of the season, if I remember correctly, so that would have been this season. I just couldn't clearly remember when that episode was, hence why I put the "I think" in parenthesis. It would seem I was wrong. I just don't remember clearly enough what was and wasn't a part of the season.

Not sure which one you're referring to as the "gold one." As for the Ultra Beast episodes, there were some this season, but I would say they probably shouldn't be counted as worthless filler, no matter how much they felt like it sometimes, as the Ultra Guardians was meant to be a plot point.

Sonnas

Not sure which one you're referring to as the "gold one." As for the Ultra Beast episodes, there were some this season, but I would say they probably shouldn't be counted as worthless filler, no matter how much they felt like it sometimes, as the Ultra Guardians was meant to be a plot point.
I meant the “golf” one, apologies.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I meant the “golf” one, apologies.

Oh yeah, that one. I'd love to write that one off as worthless filler, but it did introduce Kahili, so it could be argued it was important, or at least more important than the others.

Sonnas

Oh yeah, that one. I'd love to write that one off as worthless filler, but it did introduce Kahili, so it could be argued it was important, or at least more important than the others.
I mean tbh she didn’t really do much besides cameo in that battle royal and you could’ve replaced her with a random COTD and it wouldn’t changed anything.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Kahili doesn't have her Elite Four status or the experience for it in this universe, so somehow she ended up as unimportant as Mina. Ironically, Kahili wasn't an Elite Four in the games until the league construction was ready and then she showed off she's a tough cookie to crack.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I mean tbh she didn’t really do much besides cameo in that battle royal and you could’ve replaced her with a random COTD and it wouldn’t changed anything.
Kahili doesn't have her Elite Four status or the experience for it in this universe, so somehow she ended up as unimportant as Mina. Ironically, Kahili wasn't an Elite Four in the games until the league construction was ready and then she showed off she's a tough cookie to crack.

I don't disagree. Calling the episode filler isn't wrong, it was certainly filler, it's whether or not it's worthless filler that I question. Introducing a character from the games has at least some value to it, even if everything else in the episode had none.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Now, I will admit that I no longer play the TCG, so I might be missing something here, but from what I remember from several years ago when I used to play, and from what little I know about the modern metagame, it seems like everything these days is about immediately playing a bunch of Basic Pokémon that already have 100-200+ HP, with very little evolution going on in the modern metagame, even to Stage 1s or Stage 2s, so what use would Babies be in the modern metagame? Could that be the reason?
Metagame talk aside (as that's a kettle of fish that I'm not particularly versed in myself, apart from the general Big beefy basics), from BW to the Sun & Moon era, Baby Pokemon that aren't Togepi and Riolu didn't get printed likely due to them being unable to evolve as their ability that allowed them to do so disappeared from existence (Pt Arceus was the last set to have said ability). They did make a return in SM with turn ending abilities (And three of them also had a Tag Team), but yeah I do think the removal of the "Baby Evolution" ability was what prompted the long absence of Baby Pokemon (outside of Riolu and Togepi) from the TCG.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
One year since this episode aired, the aether family dynamic of this series was one of its strongest points and one of my fav things from this series, it was so well done, so this episode was definitely a treat. Cant wait to see the Mohn conclusion in PJ
It was from this episode that the feeling SM is ending set in, It was so sad to think about how its all coming to an end
Even tho Naganadel was released i still consider it like Goodra, it can return if needed, so unlike pidgeot, lapras, butterfree and Primeape and Ambipom, i consider it to be still Ash's Pokemon. If PJ shows us Naganadel again id be so happy!

RafaSceptile

I never reviewed this episode:

-I don't like that Naganadel was used as a convenient sixth Pokémon that goes as random as it came, but hey, at least it did better than Goodra
-The part with everyone talking about their dreams and what they will do on vacation was good, I would like to see if they have progress on that in Pokémon Journeys
-Ash VS Kiawe was decent but Ash must have used Incineroar or Melmetal with a Z move. The best dog already had his moment to shine.
-The best part by far was the Aether family.
After JN037, we should see a continuation of this plot ... I hope.
-For those of you who don't like Pokémon Journeys ... blame Olivia for telling Ash to explore the world.

Other random stuff:
-First time Kiawe's Charizard uses Inferno Overdrive
-First episode aired on February 29 between Japan and the USA

Overall, for me it is a 7/10. Unfortunately this episode happened between a monumental battle conclusion and an amazing goodbye episode, so this one can be a bit forgettable because of that.