• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Super Smash Bros. Brawl Club! [v2.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icosahedron

レミオロメン♪
Icosahedron, you know, you were brawling with me for one on one. I was using Olimar against you. So I decided to throw my Pikmins then I used only basic attacks.

Wait what? When? All I know is that I've only beaten you like once when we've played 1-on-1, when I was Marth and you were something like Ice Climbers. Then you came back with your own Marth and kicked my butt. Or maybe that was Metamence, and I really haven't beaten you at all.

By the way, when I asked Torpoleon if he had played you yet, I was implying that you were one of the best Brawlers here. I hope you didn't take it the wrong way.

And about tier lists, another problem is that some low-tier characters actually have good matchups against high-tier characters, which is deceptive to people who aren't extremely familiar with all the characters. For example, I'm sure most of you know that Diddy Kong is able to "counter" Meta-Knight or whatever. That's probably the main reason why he's up so high.

SaulGCube

Aeroga
How would you rate your Brawl skills on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 the lowest, 10 the highest?
Meh I'd probably give myself a 7.5 or maybe 8. :p Since im Casual i cant really be a 9 or up. :/
Zero-Wolf if there could be less lag i can have a fair match against you. :/

Torpoleon

To Atoynot: Oh! I'd like to brawl him one day. I don't think I'd be ready though.
To Blazios: Well, I am just taking it one step at a time. One day I can accomplish what you have accomplished. You seem like a seriously good brawler!

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: tier lists just serve to confuse people, and should really be kept secret from people they don't apply to. That being said, though, most of the characters I use are pretty high up. Eh.

How would you rate your Brawl skills on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 the lowest, 10 the highest?

Hmm, across the spectrum... probably 4.

Atoyont said:
It's still nice to see. My problems with tier lists:
1. They can never be completely objective
2. It does a bad job at showing relative skill levels (which is subjective anyway)

But that wouldn't be a problem if people understood the nature of tier lists. But, regrettably, most people are never going to wrap their minds around such a simple concept. And they're actually pretty dang objective, I think, all things considered.

Zero-Wolf is a member here, and probably the best Brawler at SPPf.

Isn't Metamence better? I personally think Icosahedron is, too, from playing both of them, but I'm guessing actual matches might indicate otherwise.

Also, if anybody's up for a Brawl with me, I ought to be available tonight, so just VM me.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Ehhhh to be honest, I'd give myself between a 7.5 to an 8 for my rating. My brawling skills are bit above-average to some people...but to others, my skills kinda rival with theirs (except for Zero-Wolf and Metamence, since I've only beaten both of them one time each). Regardless, I'm not the competitive-type of brawler compared to others :/

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
While I understand what you guys are saying about tier rankings, and that I partially agree with you, I can't help but feel a little satisfied that Sonic gained the largest tier jump out of them all. Guess having him as my main does that to me. meh.

I'm inferior to Atoyont, from experience, but I think I'm with SaulGCube, so I'd place myself around a 6.5 to a 7. If I can get used to sidestepping, I'd probably give myself more credit.

I'd probably be up for a few matches tonight, assuming my brother and his friend do play Mario Kart at all tonight.

Skater Trainer

Like a Boss
Username: Skater Trainer
Characters: I use Wolf, Diddy, Falco, and Wario the most (I main all 4 so I needed to include them all) But my Wolf is probably my best and most consistent.

I'm here to join since AA! told me to. I'll throw my friend code up later, as well as some more information about myself.

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
New SBR Tier List out today.
Interesting changes. I kind of like it. Not that it makes a huge difference to me, at this point.

Just a question, when will we start hosting tournaments? I;d join one when we start hosting some.
I'll have to start one soon, won't I? We opened a couple of days ago and every time I come online the posts have sped up! No definite answer at the moment. I'm preparing the house for my sister to visit from Maryland right now.

New topic:
I'm with the 7.5/8 people. Definitely good by normal standards, but I'm not a competitive player. Also, I'd like to play you to see how well that 9/9.5 stands up in practice. >:3

AerialAce!, are you going to put the topics list on the first post as well as a spot for Fan Art submitted by some people?

I think so. Definitely the fan art part. If I start collecting topics I'll need to delegate the task of keeping track of new topics to someone else while I'm away, and things like that. There's also the matter of topics that spring up unannounced--directions the conversation flows on its own without a formal "new topic" statement. I'll have to think about it.

Now on to member business.
Oooh...Ok. Remove Lucario, please. Thanks!
fix'd
Username: Metamence
Characters:Meta Knight and Diddy Kong
Friend Code: 2148-7821-3266
added
Ace!, you misspelled "form" as "from" in "failure to use the form." See, I read the rules.
fix'd
Username: Icosahedron
Characters: Captain Falcon, Ike, Donkey Kong
Friend Code: 1504-5449-3592
added

And those that haven't been accepted yet:
Ah, seems I'm a bit late on the entry, but great to see the club is up.
Assuming you didn't change your mind, I'm here to accept that mod position you offered me. =3

Username: m190049
Characters: Meta Knight, Dedede.
Friend Code: 4725-7618-7680
You're accepted, and the offer still stands. Welcome back, man.
Oh, sweetness, when did this get here? Better sign back up!

Username: shiningsloth13
Character: Random, but prefers Lucario
FC: N/A, don't have Wi-Fi :(

Oh, and I'd rate mahself an 8. I'm purty good, but I'm no Brawl-master.
You're in.

Sorry I took so long, guys. Had my SAT this morning. Not difficult, just stressful. Then I had an awards ceremony to attend, and I was heavily involved in preparing for it.. One of my friends just became an Eagle Scout like me. :D

Anyway, busy day. Busy last night, too. Preparations for tests AND ceremonies suck.

EDIT:
Username: Skater Trainer
Characters: I use Wolf, Diddy, Falco, and Wario the most (I main all 4 so I needed to include them all) But my Wolf is probably my best and most consistent.

I'm here to join since AA! told me to. I'll throw my friend code up later, as well as some more information about myself.
added. Cut Wario off for being the fourth. Tell me which one to switch out if you change your mind about it later.

Last edited:

Zero-Wolf

Lost my memory....

(except for Zero-Wolf and Metamence, since I've only beaten both of them one time each). Regardless, I'm not the competitive-type of brawler compared to others :/

We started to hate each other lol. It's a long time ago. I was trying to take down Metamence...

Now, I increase my main characters a bit.

Wait what? When? All I know is that I've only beaten you like once when we've played 1-on-1, when I was Marth and you were something like Ice Climbers. Then you came back with your own Marth and kicked my butt. Or maybe that was Metamence, and I really haven't beaten you at all.

Metamence wasn't on SSBB anymore. So he had been busy his computer since. He's rusty now.

I started to understand why people were arguing about SSBB tier. They never know what that had experience.
But that wouldn't be a problem if people understood the nature of tier lists. But, regrettably, most people are never going to wrap their minds around such a simple concept. And they're actually pretty dang objective, I think, all things considered.
That's what I thought.

Sorry for my grammar. My ability is understand their comments.

redx125

Apples are Delicious
Username: Redx125
Characters: Kirby (with Lucario's Powers), Lucario. Sonic
Friend Code: 5284-8786-4415

anybody who wants to brawl pm me! im online a whole lot! and im really bored right now!

Last edited:

raglflagl

Banned
Because I totally need a place to post about Brawl

Username: raglflagl
Character: Peach/Pit

I'll try and get my FC up later but I can't right now. D:

Last edited:

Torpoleon

A lot of posts here since I haven't been on. Almost 100 posts. I'm usre we can reach 2000 posts and maybe even higher! Like I said, I'll be a member here who repeatedly comes. Also, about my ranking, now it is probably between 8 and 9.5. I'll be extremely good by 2010 though!

shaq-attack

.:~:._.:~:.
Ah man, I missed the grand opening. :/
Only 3 mains? Hm...

Username: shaq-attack
Mains: Zelda, Ness, Pit
FC: 2363-6889-3927

ground tamer

Hahahahahaha

Ugh, I'd prob. be around a 4 right now. I used to be able to hold my own with Ico, but then GH: Metallica entered and I haven't Brawl'd much since. I prob. say around a 4, maybe a 5 on a good day...

Torpoleon

New topics:
Who are you best with?
Toon Link, of course!

Who are you worst with?
Pikmin & Olimar, Wolf, Pokemon Trainer and I think there is more.

Sorry if this might be too much, but topics bring life to clubs!!

Who are you best with?

Lucario, hands down. After that, ZSS and Samus.

Who are you worst with?

Ummmm, I suppose I'd have to say Dedede. Or Yoshi.

m190049

Local psychopath
Because I totally need a place to post about Brawl

Username: raglflagl
Character: Peach/Pit

I'll try and get my FC up later but I can't right now. D:
OMG raglflagl!!! I haven't seen you in a year or two. D=
Anyway, your accepted.

Username: Kurosaki_klan
Characters: Peach/Ike/Lucario/Toon Link/Poke Trainer
Friend Code: 4038-8867-6797

I'm a bit rusty, I haven't played in about a year, and didn't realize that the first club went down ether lolz, but I'm back.
Your accepted, though you have too many mains...

Ah man, I missed the grand opening. :/
Only 3 mains? Hm...

Username: shaq-attack
Mains: Zelda, Ness, Pit
FC: 2363-6889-3927
Of course. =P
Accepted.

Now than...
8.5, pretty much. I'm definitely one of the better of the players I've seen... I usually only failing to those who are 9's or 10s, and occasionally 8 if I'm off or unluckly...

I've beaten Zero-Wolf on a few occasions, so I definitely can't be less than an 8...

Who are you best with?
Meta Knight, Dedede, and Kirby.
...Ironically. =P

Who are you worst with?
Uh... Probably Link or Snake. Could probably add Luigi and Samus in there...

Edit:
Just realized... 100th post in the thread!~ ^.^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.