• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Super Smash Bros. Brawl Club! [v2.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Was brawling a couple of people on wifi. I'm about to even things up with some d-throw tech-chasing, since it worked before...

And then my controller decided to up and die on me. I can't move the control stick AT ALL. Tried replugging it, twirling the control stick for a bit, nothing.

So I won't be able to play any games, since I'm garbage with the Wiimote. At least until I find a new controller. And since I'm broke, it's gonna be a while.

m190049

Local psychopath
I brawled my friend the other day.
...I beat him in all matches...

I have no interesting stories. =(

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Nvm, I found my old controller hidden deep in a cabinet. The bad news, I can't taunt with it. So no "You're too slow!" or "Come on! Step it up!" from me until I can get a new controller.

Tragic, I know.

Haven't been here in a long time... nothing to say really ^^;

Sonic_Boom, I'm still wondering whether if I challenged you again you'd use something other than that blue spikeball.

keyblade bearer 430

hey guys i just thought of this discussion i came up with:

what do you guys think about edge-hogging other ppl?

i personally dont mind since its my opponents strategy but if he does it too often then ill get annoyed,so i wanted to hear what other ppl think

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Had a couple of Brawls with shadow latias, but the lag we had in the matches was god awful. I won 2 of the 3 matches because he suicided from IC's Side B off the ledge, and couldn't press the jump button in the middle of lag to get Sheik back up onto the ledge. It's weird, because just yesterday, we had a yellow connection. I don't know if a storm is going on, or what.

On the bright side, I felt like I did much better in these Brawls because I had the new Dragonball Kai ending theme "Yeah! Break! Yeah! Break!" playing over the Brawl music. That song's very peppy for me, and it got me motivated of sorts during the matches :D

It's a legitimate strategy for those that can't perform well offstage, like Ganondorf or Fox, or for players who just want to take the easier, but less-assured path of gimping the opponent. I personally don't mind it, since 9/10 I'm killed outright anyway.

I would like to relearn how to instant ledgehog again. Either the lag is preventing me from doing it, or I just plain forgot how to do it.

DarkLemmy2

I have Nothing 2 say
Hi I would like to join:

Username: DarkLemmy2
Characters: Diddy Kong/Zero Suit Samus
Friend Code: 1677-1610-2620

Zero-Wolf

Lost my memory....
"Epic Fail" relate to some of edge hogging

I don't mind if I want to edge hog lol.
It's a legitimate strategy for those that can't perform well offstage, like Ganondorf or Fox, or for players who just want to take the easier, but less-assured path of gimping the opponent.
I agree w/Sonic Boom

he suicided from IC's Side B off the ledge
I did notice him falling off the ledge a few times.

Last edited:

Torpoleon

Edge-hopping is when you are trying to get back on stage with the ledge, but so is someone else and then you' fight to get back on, right? If so, then Capt. Falcon would be good for that. My friend did that to me. I was Toon Link and he was Capt. Falcon and we were Brawling on the Corneria. I used the Spin Attack to try and get back on stage and he tried to get back on, but did that downward punch and meteor smashed me! I do things like that sometimes though.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Edge-hopping is when you are trying to get back on stage with the ledge, but so is someone else and then you' fight to get back on, right?

Yes and no.

Scenario: Zelda uses D-Smash to knock Marth off Final Destination. It sends Marth at a low angle, and Marth is at a low enough percent to survive the hit and not get KOed off the side blast line.

Marth's coming back. Should Zelda risk getting in Marth's face and attack with an aerial, or should she just grab the ledge when Marth is close enough?

Option 1: She risks it with an aerial. She about to hit with a f-air.....bam. Dolphin Slashed. Not only is Marth back on the edge, but the angle of the Dolphin Slash's attack stage-spikes you. Now you're behind a stock.

Option 2: She plays it safe and waits for Marth to come up. As soon as he's in range to grab the ledge, Zelda suddenly jumps off and clings to the edge. Marth uses Dolphin Slash to get back up, but since Zelda just now got on the ledge, she has invincibility frames for about a second. Since Marth's Dolphin Slash has only one hitbox, Marth is unable to keep the attack out and hit Zelda after the Inv. frames are gone. Marth goes into helpless, and falls to his death. Zelda is now ahead/closed the gap in stocks!

Depending on the character offstage and the character on the stage, edgehogging is the better option instead of meeting them head on off stage. It's better to edgehog people like Captain Falcon, Mario, Fox, and the tether recoveries, but against the likes of Sonic and Meta Knight, who have 4-5 methods of recovering, and ROB and Pit, who can stay in the air just about forever, it's better to try to confront them and edgeguard.

Torpoleon

Now I understand, thanks. I think I have done Option 1 numerous amounts of times. So it is when someone is trying to get back on stage, by grabbing onto the ledge, another character is trying to make them not get back on by either risking an attack or just jumping off the stage and grabbing onto the ledge BEFORE them, right?

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
So it is when someone is trying to get back on stage, by grabbing onto the ledge, another character is trying to make them not get back on by either risking an attack or just jumping off the stage and grabbing onto the ledge BEFORE them, right?

Rephrase that. I don't think I understand.

But yes, edgehogging typically requires a person to be on the edge before the person is to actually........edgehog them, hence the name.

Edgeguard = making sure, by any means necessary, that the opponent never gets back onto the stage. Edgeguarding = gimping = offstage game, at least to me.

Edgehogging = a more specific method of edgeguarding where you take the edge right (I emphasize "right." Don't linger on the ledge long before the other guy comes back) before the other guy gets there. The invincibility frames make a it a low-risk, high reward procedure against some characters.

Toki Hakurei

Omae wa mo shindeiru
Username: Gallade64
Characters: Mario, Wario, Snake
Friend Code: 0473-7472-2401

Toki Hakurei

Omae wa mo shindeiru
Texture Hacks and Custom Music = a not-so-boring Brawl.

Torpoleon

You pretty much explained what I meant, Sonic Boom. I think I have done edgeguarding and edge hopping. Definitely edgehopping.

I have done 1000 KOs with Toon Link! Anyway, I have a question. In the Challenges when it says to complete things like All-Star on Hard would you still have it completed if you have to do Continues?

m190049

Local psychopath
Username: Gallade64
Characters: Mario, Wario, Snake
Friend Code: 0473-7472-2401
'Cepted. Welcome to the club. No pun intended.

[/TerribleSenseOfHumor]

In the Challenges when it says to complete things like All-Star on Hard would you still have it completed if you have to do Continues?
If I remember correctly, yeah, it doesn't matter if you use continues. As long as you win, all is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.