• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Super Smash Bros. Brawl Club! [v2.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
DarkOblivion said:
So... does anyone want to Brawl?

FC: 0861 1128 9129

Dude, you've gotta, like... join and stuff before you post, man. Otherwise I might.

DarkOblivion

Dawn hates yuri :(
Oops, I forgot this was a club. XP

Username: DarkOblivion
Characters: Wolf, Ike
Friend Code: 0861 1128 9129

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I'm using Dedede for a round in a tournament I'm in. And I suck with him.

Any advice on how to use him besides spamming the holy hell out of grabs and B-air?

(If it helps any, I'm facing Ice Climbers (LMFAO))

Zero-Wolf

Lost my memory....
Uhhh......I'm not sure about that, but I know a fact is Dedede or D3 players could lost to Ice Climber players. You already heard this before, right? All right.....

Here's advices:
1: Grab Popo and throw him away from the stage before Nana tries to get back with him. Kill her first after throwing or kill him first. I think damage is around 60%-80%( I always want to kill Nana first)
2: Do B-air a lot(if this is annoying other people xD)
3: Watch out for Blizzard(When you hit Popo while Nana jumps and uses Blizzard in air then Popo jumps and uses Blizzard in air and repeat. Avoid them both.)
4: Camping with Waddle Dee Toss while you are in air.
5: His F-tilt is pretty lag, but good range for pushing them away for a bit.

Sorry...lol I have played him as one of my secondary mains.

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
Assuming they can both hit you, grabbing one of the Climbers is a no-no.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
1: Grab Popo and throw him away from the stage before Nana tries to get back with him. Kill her first after throwing or kill him first. I think damage is around 60%-80%( I always want to kill Nana first)

As Atoyont said, I need to make sure Nana is way out of the way before I attempt it. Or, if the IC player did not expect a grab from, I could probably pull off a f-throw and hit Nana with the hammer as well.

2: Do B-air a lot(if this is annoying other people xD)

B-air is sexy. Its vertical range is not.

3: Watch out for Blizzard(When you hit Popo while Nana jumps and uses Blizzard in air then Popo jumps and uses Blizzard in air and repeat. Avoid them both.)

Wouldn't f-tilt beat it?

4: Camping with Waddle Dee Toss while you are in air.

Not very effective when Ice Blocks can repel them.

5: His F-tilt is pretty lag, but good range for pushing them away for a bit.

I love that move's range. So much.

Assuming they can both hit you, grabbing one of the Climbers is a no-no.

Unless you have an extremely fast throw (Rob's f-throw, etc.)

I'm more concerned with trying to separate them in the first place - Dedede's safest moves horizontally are single-hit attacks.

I guess I could take to the air and abuse d-air's range...

I may need to try that follow-up where Dedede's Inhale release (not the Star Shot; when the other guy breaks out) guarantees a Up-tilt if you buffer it.

EDIT:

May as well list the stages available:

Legal Stages are as follows:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Delfino Plaza

Counter pick stages are as follows:
Pokemon Stadium 1
Pokemon Stadium 2
Castle Siege
Battleship Halbred
Luigi's Mansion

why the hell are Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, Rainbow Cruise not on here

Which of these stages would be best to take ICs on? Obviously not FD.

Last edited:

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Oops, I forgot this was a club. XP

Username: DarkOblivion
Characters: Wolf, Ike
Friend Code: 0861 1128 9129

Sorry, m19... but I have chosen now to destroy your streak since I'm bored out of my mind. xD Anyways, accepted. Welcomeee~! :]

/co-ownerduties:3

And yes, winter break has officially started for me since yesterday... so yeah I'm pretty much available to brawl anytime for the next 2 weeks (so long as I get the important duties done first). Hopefully, I can brawl some of the people who I've been looking forward to brawl to for awhile. ^.^ I just hope can shake off most of my rusty-ness before then. ;~;

Zero-Wolf

Lost my memory....
Oh yeah, I forget to add one advice.

You can separate them both with D-air, so make sure to keep on Nana and gang up on her as possible. Like you said: I guess I could take to the air and abuse d-air's range...

As Atoyont said, I need to make sure Nana is way out of the way before I attempt it. Or, if the IC player did not expect a grab from, I could probably pull off a f-throw and hit Nana with the hammer as well.

Correct.

Here's DDD Matchup Thread. Look Ice Climber up.

Legal Stages are as follows:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Delfino Plaza

Counter pick stages are as follows:
Pokemon Stadium 1
Pokemon Stadium 2
Castle Siege
Battleship Halbred
Luigi's Mansion

Pokemon Stadium 1, Pokemon Stadium 2, Delfino Plaza, BattleShip Halberd, and Castle Siege(I'm not sure 100% about this one)

Last edited:

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
Unfortunately as far as the Dedede vs. Ice Climbers matchup goes, you're screwed. Fortunately for you, though, you're not a pro, and (hopefully) neither is your opponent (in which case the technical matchup wouldn't matter anyway, I suppose). Though I do like this little bit at the top of Dedede's page Zero-Wolf linked to.
lain said:
Just throw out the entire matchup discussion and write:

run around, shield grab a lot, and bair when people are jumping instead of on the ground.
Go with that.

Skull13

I'm back.

Hello.

It's been a LONG time since I posted within this club, but I've been busy trying to keep my club (Super Mario Tournaments!! (Super Mario Club)) alive and active. It's almost reached a year old. I'm very proud at how long it's lasted.

Anyway, I thank AerialAce! for not deleting my ID within the club. And I think it's high time I became more active around here.

The last time I had an awesome battle was with Sonic Boom. With the club going on a downhill spiral, I needed that to kick me back up. I don't know if he ever received my message in the club... Still, with all the new Mario games that have been released over the past few months, I'm surprised I was still able to put up a decent fight against him.

Now, I'm waiting for the release of Super Smash Bros. for the Wii Virtual Console. That's all for now.

Last edited:

DarkOblivion

Dawn hates yuri :(
Now does anyone want to brawl?

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I managed to win the match against the ICs, thanks to your tips, guys. D-tilt, d-air, f-tilt, and b-air really are saving graces in the matchup for DDD. That, and a sweet-spotted F-smash.

But now I know I shall never use DDD again.

I'm sorry, did I revive this thread from the dead?

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
But why shall you not use DDD again? He's pro!

I need to find the thread on Smashboards about it, it's hilarious.

Amazing Red

Username: Amazing Red
Characters: Link, Pit, Marth
Friend Code: 2751 1961 3275

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
hi guys I can brawl today I know for sure now that meta knight and lucario are my mains (remenices over yesterday)sorry for the short post.... I need a fight look at sig for brawl fc (still have to figure out the third (falco,link,sonic,toon link,fox,wolf,marth,ike,pikachu)

Im ready for our brawl Amazing red

Last edited:

Zero-Wolf

Lost my memory....
Any1 heard about Ally(AiB), Krystedez(AiB), Pingu(Aka Holy Nightmare;AiB), xxpatgxx(AiB), Atomsk(AiB) or
Amethia(Aka Got_Mine in SWF and AiB)? They are famous brawlers. One champion brawler is Ally. Don't get me wrong.

I change my mind about changing characters lol. Ace!, can you change mine to: Snake, Meta Knight, and Falco?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.