• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Super Smash Bros. Brawl Club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Did you ever beat Boss Battles on Intense Mode? If so, with who? If not, what was the highest level you did and with who?

FOX, HELL YEAH!! Kept using his Blaster and forward and down aerials every chance I got, with the Reflector for defense against projectiles. I've only done it once though; I can't seem to repeat it.

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
Did you ever beat Boss Battles on Intense Mode? If so, with who? If not, what was the highest level you did and with who?

Yes. At least once with Mr. Game & Watch (maybe twice) and I think I did it with Fox.
Duon's annoying.

m190049

Local psychopath
Duon's annoying.
He's harder than Tabuu.

I find he sometimes starts by ramming you instantly. Sometimes I can't even dodge in time, and I die like, 5 seconds into the match. >.<
Seriously, he's so annoying. >.<

Last edited:

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
He's harder than Tabuu.

That's a one-liner you just posted!

Currently I'm in that process of accomplishing it...although so far I've gotten as far as 3. Duon's pretty easy for my Zelda...Meta Ridley is where I'm currently having some slight problems with.

m190049

Local psychopath
That's a one-liner you just posted!
...LIES.
*Cough*

Currently I'm in that process of accomplishing it...although so far I've gotten as far as 3. Duon's pretty easy for my Zelda...Meta Ridley is where I'm currently having some slight problems with.
Meta Ridley can be just as annoying sometimes....
Especially since he starts to migrate towards the left of the screen as he takes more damage.

I've gotten lucky and dodged many of his attacks with rolling dodges though.
Just need good timing I guess.

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
Meta Ridley's pretty easy once you've got his timing down. His attacks are all predictable except the one where he scrapes his tail across the screen (which unfortunately is also the easiest one to CAPTURE him on when going for boss trophies--making him the only one I haven't caught yet)

Basically anyone with decent aerials can take him out with some well-timed airdodges and rolls when he fires the wave of shots across the entire ship.

Oh, and the one where he drags the ship down? Stand RIGHT at the edge of the ship and reflect it with Nayru's Love. Great damage, and it knocks him off the ship quickly, so he won't drag it off the screen.

I usually have trouble with Duon and Porky, so every time I play I hope I run into them first to relieve the pressure of having to take them on at the end, where the bosses grow in strength. Porky kills FAR too easily, and anybody can understand why Duon's troublesome.

Maybe I should take what I've learned from Kirby Super Star Ultra and use Kirby's Rock ability to block Porky's continued, sweeping laser? Actually, does Pit's Mirror Shield block that? That would be so awesome.

Still haven't beaten the mode on Intense, though... It's the only thing on my challenges screen I haven't beaten yet.

Last edited:

m190049

Local psychopath
I actually find Rayquaza ridiculously annoying too...

He's easy to dodge if your careful, along with, really, only mediocre timing necessary.
However if you get a bit careless it's punishable.

Master Hand is a pushover.

Skull13

An offer for one, and replies to others.

Is it too late to join a tournemant? if thats how you spell it! So can i join one. if not i can wait until there is a new one.

I've got plenty of space for you in my club. Just click on the top link in my signature and sign up. This way, you won't have to wait for the next tournament to join one.

As for my topic, I say, WOW! I didn't think that I'd get so many replies for it.

m190049
Pokemon Trainer is your best one, huh? Nice to know which bosses you hate most, too.

IcyDragon0605
Wow! With Fox! Congratulations!

Dattebayo
It's been a while since we've spoken. I'm not sure if I've said that before. Anyway, I guess Zelda & Pokemon Trainer are your best ones? Well, keep trying. I know that you'll get it.

Sonic Boom
Another one with Fox! Congratulations! Trying to go two for two, however, is pushing your luck. But good luck, if you're willing to go for it.

Atoyont
THREE TIMES?! WOW! Mr. Game & Watch & Fox are probably your best two, aren't they? Congratulations & Amazing!

starfire_jirachi
Good luck accomplishing it with Zelda. Meta Ridley's patterns become pretty easy to figure out after a while.

AerialAce!
When you do start doing boss battles on Intense, good luck. You'll need plenty of it.

That's all for now, folks!

I was almost. :/ Ice Climbers' desynched Blizzard deals a lot, but I just can't get passed Galleom and Tabuu. And I remember they were the only ones I needed to fight with. ._.; But I stopped accomplishing this since uhm, it's kind of pointless to me. xD

Skull13

Wow! Ice Climbers!

I was almost. :/ Ice Climbers' desynched Blizzard deals a lot, but I just can't get passed Galleom and Tabuu. And I remember they were the only ones I needed to fight with. ._.; But I stopped accomplishing this since uhm, it's kind of pointless to me. xD

Wow! Ice Climbers! That would be quite an accomplishment if you managed to do it with them. And hey, if you want everything, you've got to do everything.

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
I'll analyze the bosses!
Master Hand: Pathetic, but the drill attack is evil.
Crazy Hand: See Master Hand.
Galleom: a bit annoying, but for the most part pretty easy. Carelessness will get you killed, though.
Duon: It's almost like a Boss-Meta Knight! Spacing's the issue here, although you can redirect the missiles into him and it deals a fair bit of damage. You can also stand on him occasionally.
Ridley: Pretty easy. Most attacks are predicable. The two rushing attacks can be dangerous, though.
Meta Ridley: His attacks are predictable, but some can be dangerous. Similar to Ridley in that regard.
Rayquaza: It's got more health than most bosses I think. Attacks are mostly predictable, nevertheless, so it's quite easy.
Porky: Attacks can be hard to dodge, but most of them are easy to survive. Except the rushing attack. Which should die.
Petey Piranha: AHAHAHAHA If you're not careless, you don't have to take any damage.
Tabuu: Just know the attacks and how to dodge them. His exploding teleport is threatening nevertheless.

Enigma

lol, i is a geenyus.
(which unfortunately is also the easiest one to CAPTURE him on when going for boss trophies--making him the only one I haven't caught yet)

I've gotten him. I used kirby, jumped out beneath him, and threw the trophy stand. Then I floated up and met the trophy as it fell. Maybe I was just lucky, but it only took me a couple tries.

Raikou_fan

Intense with Fox! I'm not good with fox, but I managed to figure him out well enough to finish intense with him. i mainly used aerial attacks and his blaster, but the reflector thing helped alot too. Reflected projectiles do ALOT of damage.

Skull13

Wow! That's surprising to know.

Intense with Fox! I'm not good with fox, but I managed to figure him out well enough to finish intense with him. i mainly used aerial attacks and his blaster, but the reflector thing helped alot too. Reflected projectiles do ALOT of damage.

Wow! That's surprising to know.

Skull13

Really?! Hmm...

Rakurai's beaten Intense mode with every character. Go worship him.

Really? Boss Battles on Intense Mode with every character? No offense, but I find that pretty hard to believe.

If it's on the level, WOW!

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
Really? Boss Battles on Intense Mode with every character? No offense, but I find that pretty hard to believe.

If it's on the level, WOW!

He did it back when Brawl was only a few weeks old. Basically ended up learning the computers' habits and mastered prediction, then got used to each characters' moves enough to abuse the right ones. Pretty much master that and learn when to sidestep dodge and you're on the way to success.

I asked about Ganondorf, because at the time it was surprising that anyone could pull it off with him--apparently up-smash is your friend.

Eventually, he did it without hearts. I know he did intense Classic in one life with every character, too, but he couldn't pull off All Star without hearts because things kept killing him at random, which annoyed him too much to finish.

Go shoot him a PM and ask him to post about it, I dare you. ;P

----------------------

My best characters for that are Charizard (Rock Smash) Captain Falcon (knee, up-smash, Falcon Punch spam) and Pikachu (my usual awesomeness, though it doesn't translate too well to boss fights. Plus, he's too freaking light.). I also got pretty far with Ganondorf, actually. I'll give it another go soon--last time I gave up because I was depressed about losing on boss nine multiple times in a row. I never use the last heart before 9 when I have a tenth boss to take on. Looks like that's a bad idea, especially considering how easy Tabuu is to dodge (comparatively speaking).

Last edited:

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
Pikachu being light is not an argument as to why you can't beat Intense Boss Battles; I did it with G&W.

I might try it with Toon Link; his Dair bounces and does nice damage, and his Uair is painful, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.