• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Super Smash Bros. Brawl Club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hutchi94

<---Blue Umbreon
The only reason I have been so INACTIVE is because schoolwork and the fact that I came here to join Tournys. I was too late obviously and I have been checking up on my club aswell. But I have SSBB Club Subscribed so I have been here. Just not Posted.

If you want to re-start feel free. But I would start making preperations NOW or else it will get too late. Finish the Tourny, PM the contestents telling them to get their asses going and disqualify them if they don't reply.

What ever you do good luck!

And remember, they might be inactive but the members of this club are here for you guys!

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
shaymin_girl= Pikachu/Kirby/Yoshi Player
0 points

Fixed your form a little bit just to make it neater :] And plus if you don't have a friend code, you don't need to include it in your form. Anywayz, you're definitely in! :3 Welcome ^^ Idrag shall update the listings when he gets back online so you can just chill out for now.

/modduties:3

In recent brawl-related happenings, I mained another new secondary...although I'm not gonna mention which character it is hehehe ^^;; Anyway I'm currently in training with this one ;]

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
Gah! Sorry! I've totally forgot about this place.

Who is my next rival in the Water Cup?
The 8-Bit Wonder
Um, sorry I've been out for awhile, college and stuff.

So where can i find my oppoenent in the water cup?

Round Two Matchups

Upper Bracket

SaulGCube vs. Dig-kun

Trace360 vs. Skiks

Zink12321 vs. ground tamer

Atoyont vs. IcyDragon0605

Falco320 vs. assassinsceptile

Torterra14 vs. Mewluvr200

Icosahedron vs. AEROBLASTER

AerialAce! vs. Sogeking

Lower Bracket

a person vs. Raikou_fan

The 8-Bit Wonder vs. Copygoo

JaimeGreenan vs. Raptor ruler

GrizzlyB vs. starfire_jirachi

Shinkagehadou vs. -WOLF-

PokeWisdomGiver vs. Blade Knight

xgina vs. Phendrona

Enigma vs. Torpoleon

Trying to make mine happen, but scheduling issues are annoying.

Last edited:

CyberneticGlion

Pokemaniac10 revived
lmao your old username does not compute xD Nice edit btw hahahaha!
[Old]Haha--thanks![/Old]

Have you ever gone through a period of time when you lost interest in SSBB? What caused this? What got you out of this period? What keeps you playing? Explain.
Yes.
Lack of interest?
Smash World
Smash World
I'm getting into the damn online-tournament craze or whatever and SMF is the perfect place to start.

Looks like I have to attend the next tournament--lightning cup--if I can still remember it.

Icosahedron

レミオロメン♪
It is somewhat disheartening to see that about half (probably more) of the people who have yet to finish their matches have not posted here recently. Oh well, at least IcyDragon went-a-profile-posting and alerted them.

Topic time!

Have you ever gone through a period of time when you lost interest in SSBB? What caused this? What got you out of this period? What keeps you playing? Explain.

Mario Kart Wii. The game is addicting, especially if you play it with crazy siblings with items turned on "Aggressive" and everyone is forced to choose random characters and karts. I've started playing Brawl again though, if only to see how bad I'd gotten in a month's time of not playing at all.

My first online match in a while was against Atoyont, and he did well with G&W, I don't think I was able to beat him at all when he was G&W. Other than that though it was surprisingly smooth sailing. I managed to beat Alzi's Falco, albeit in substantial lag. Then I surprised myself by giving Ace! a run for his money.

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
My first online match in a while was against Atoyont, and he did well with G&W, I don't think I was able to beat him at all when he was G&W. Other than that though it was surprisingly smooth sailing. .
You said we were fairly evenly matched.
Jerk.

Anyway, in regards to the topic, I hadn't really been playing Brawl until Icosahedron got me playing with him and I joined this club. I played it occasionally, but not nearly as much as I am now.

m190049

Local psychopath
^Guys, that's an old topic created by IcyDragon back on page 120...

Although...
...I actually haven't played in a week or two. No time, I guess...

Earlier today, I want over to my friends house. I played the original Super Smash Bros. for the first time ever.
It was actually really fun. I did incredibly. He only beat me three times (all of which I suicide in because of the malfunctioning controller...) out of like... 50 matches.

I used Kirby mostly.

ground tamer

Hahahahahaha
It is somewhat disheartening to see that about half (probably more) of the people who have yet to finish their matches have not posted here recently. Oh well, at least IcyDragon went-a-profile-posting and alerted them.

This, will hopefully teach people not to try and oraginize a 32 person double elimaniation tournament, that they expected to be finished with by January...

I play Brawl about once a week right now. With Baseball and senior year taking over my life, I have no time to play both Brawl and GHWT. I did, however, had a few matches with Ace! maybe a week or so ago, and I held my own I think. I even unvailed a new weapon, where, if I can learn to master him, I could do some good things with him.

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
I VMed The 8-Bit Wonder yesterday. If he doesn't reply, will he be disqualified?
Keep trying, we'll cross that bridge when we see the responses from everybody else.
Then I surprised myself by giving Ace! a run for his money.
I was really just looking for a few games for the sake of playing, but I will admit that your Yoshi is scary good. At least against Captain Falcon.

Seriously wish I was using Pikachu that round, Yoshi's got some serious priority.
^Guys, that's an old topic created by IcyDragon back on page 120...
Doesn't mean they can't answer...
Earlier today, I want over to my friends house. I played the original Super Smash Bros. for the first time ever.
It was actually really fun. I did incredibly. He only beat me three times (all of which I suicide in because of the malfunctioning controller...) out of like... 50 matches.

I used Kirby mostly.
Kirby's actually really good in that game. I think he's considered the best, with Pikachu in second. That's why they toned him down so much for Melee.
This, will hopefully teach people not to try and oraginize a 32 person double elimaniation tournament, that they expected to be finished with by January...

Never expected that, but I was hoping the second round would be at least.
slashtrode.png

Third round's down to 16, though, so hopefully it'll pick up speed after this one. Provided the club doesn't change hands, I'm really excited about getting the inter-club showdown going. That one's limited to the best of each club, and that should be active people and probably won't take as long.

Last edited:

IcyDragon0605

Look over there!
Hey everyone! Glad I reminded everyone about the tourny. Thanks to the those of you who have or are trying to get there match done.

Like I said before, I won't be on as much due to lack of internet...

SaulGCube

Aeroga
Fyi i already won against Dig Kun lol
Well i haven't been playing atm since i moved, and cant find the wii remote charger.
Gah i thats why i wish they were still battery powered -_-
Ill always play brawl again though.

JaimeGreenan

I've VMed Raptor Ruler and he still hasn't responded.
Anyway just played against Owen/Otj orangejuice and bcb.
I did O.K. since I've been quite inactive

Icosahedron

レミオロメン♪
Atoyont said:
You said we were fairly evenly matched.
Jerk.

Evenly matched, smooth sailing, same difference. :p But, is it not possible that they are one and the same? For instance, if I had predicted going into those matches that I would lose every one, and ended up winning about half, then would it not be valid to say that we were "evenly matched," and yet it was "smooth sailing" for me? Haha I read into things too much... but at least it proves I'm not a jerk, brawl buddy.

ground tamer said:

I play Brawl about once a week right now. With Baseball and senior year taking over my life, I have no time to play both Brawl and GHWT. I did, however, had a few matches with Ace! maybe a week or so ago, and I held my own I think. I even unvailed a new weapon, where, if I can learn to master him, I could do some good things with him.

Perhaps I do have unrealistic expectations for how quickly people should finish their matches, but I hardly think that asking them to do so within two months (yes, Round 2 started mid-December) is pushing things. The way I feel is, if you aren't willing to commit, don't enter at all. Sorry to hear about the lack of time ground tamer, that's the very reason why I'm not looking forward to senior year.

AerialAce! said:
I was really just looking for a few games for the sake of playing, but I will admit that your Yoshi is scary good. At least against Captain Falcon.

Seriously wish I was using Pikachu that round, Yoshi's got some serious priority.

I would use Yoshi more if it weren't for the fact that his 3rd jump is practically nonexistent. That time, I got him by choosing randoms. And I suppose I never really noticed how bad Falcon's priority really is, but it was the main reason why I won that match, now that I think about it.

SaulGCube said:
Well i haven't been playing atm since i moved, and cant find the wii remote charger.
Gah i thats why i wish they were still battery powered -_-

Wii remotes aren't powered by batteries any more? Say what? Where do you live? :p

Shinkagehadou

Origianlity ftw!
Well I won my match-up.

Man, I was on Team Random earlier , and some Peach player abused the fan like no tomorrow. XD

Strange thing is, I think they were from Smashboards, since they did that ducking thing, aren't they suppose to hate items or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.