• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Super Smash Bros. Brawl Club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Oh yeah you did... I fogot.

But thats still only one entry...

It had DK farting on Ike. Explosively.

How do you forget that?

And I tried the Flash games once. Couldn't adjust to not having a controller.

Zero-Wolf

Lost my memory....
I have added the cheap character. So it's ZSS. Because her paralyzer and D-smash are the worst basics.

I didn't show the hidden thing to Starfire_Jirachi, Torterra14 or Wiimote.

Brawl+ is fine, but to me.. I feel like I want to play it. The combos are just ridiculous, everyone is balanced, C.F does more combos and Wolf is a beast.

You can download Brawl+ but I think you may need Homebrew, SD card, and Twilight Princess... maybe, or I'm not sure. I forgot what I've read in the smashboards Brawl+ thread. :/

m190049

Local psychopath
Brawl+ is fine, but to me.. I feel like I want to play it. The combos are just ridiculous, everyone is balanced, C.F does more combos and Wolf is a beast.

You can download Brawl+ but I think you may need Homebrew, SD card, and Twilight Princess... maybe, or I'm not sure. I forgot what I've read in the smashboards Brawl+ thread. :/
I believe future versions of Brawl+ are to use Gecko... thingy. Whatever it's called.

Dattebayo

Banned
I really don't like Brawl+ mainly because it's a hack and it destroys how Brawl was meant to be played, for fun, not for competitive play.

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
I really don't like Brawl+ mainly because it's a hack and it destroys how Brawl was meant to be played, for fun, not for competitive play.

But it IS fun. A lot of people don't like Brawl because it feels slow compared to Melee, whether they played competitively or not. By speeding the game back up, they're taking a game that was fun before into something that appeals to different people.

m190049

Local psychopath
It's not the speed that irks me.
It's the changes they made...

They made some changes, like, for example, snake falls in near-fastfall speed (similar to G&W in Melee) after his Recovery is done. The reason is so Snake players can't do that C4 Trick and than use their recovery again- they fall too fast.

And really that's not all. There's been many changes to other Characters as well. and also, I hate the increased hitlag and such. Brawl+ lets characters be able to do unbelievable, often inescapable combos, compared to regular Brawl. And really, it's like Chaingrabbing, except 324 times easier. It's just stupid.

Brawl makes characters rely on prediction and good timing rather than just Dash A --> Jump+Uair --> Jump+Fair --> Dash+Jump+Dair .
(I saw a combo like that on a vid. The whole time, the increased hitlag prevented them from doing anything.)

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
It's not the speed that irks me.
It's the changes they made...

They made some changes, like, for example, snake falls in near-fastfall speed (similar to G&W in Melee) after his Recovery is done. The reason is so Snake players can't do that C4 Trick and than use their recovery again- they fall too fast.

And really that's not all. There's been many changes to other Characters as well. and also, I hate the increased hitlag and such. Brawl+ lets characters be able to do unbelievable, often inescapable combos, compared to regular Brawl. And really, it's like Chaingrabbing, except 324 times easier. It's just stupid.

Brawl makes characters rely on prediction and good timing rather than just Dash A --> Jump+Uair --> Jump+Fair --> Dash+Jump+Dair .
(I saw a combo like that on a vid. The whole time, the increased hitlag prevented them from doing anything.)

The changes themselves are in a state of change. They can't possibly claim Brawl+ is complete when they haven't found a good balance for a number of things.

The real problem with Brawl+ is that the set of codes used to create it is limited to 256 lines.

Because of this, they can't increase the hitstun for only certain characters or only certain moves, they have to increase hitstun in general, which led to downsides on certain characters that can abuse the hell out of it. Meta Knight, for example, is ridiculously broken with characters left vulnerable as long as they are.

I'm pretty sure Gecko 2.0 should fix this limit, though, so future versions of it will strike a better balance.

Dattebayo

Banned
But I think the reason why Sakurai took those things that made Melee great for Brawl is probably because so people won't get bored of playing the same old game using the same old physics sequel after sequel.

P.S.: Have you guys noticed that today is Brawl's 1st anniversary? We should celebrate for this.

shinycharzard13

Shiny Hunter
Who are you best with?
I like Toon link cause he's Fast a nimble compared to his conter-part link which does much more devistating attacks. And i also like Samus Aran Cause she gots awsome shots with here Power beam

What is your greatest accomplishment in your eyes?
I Completed the Sub-space Emissary on Intense by myself, collected almost all the trophys with like 25 away and beaten all the events.

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
Who are you best with?
I like Toon link cause he's Fast a nimble compared to his conter-part link which does much more devistating attacks. And i also like Samus Aran Cause she gots awsome shots with here Power beam

What is your greatest accomplishment in your eyes?
I Completed the Sub-space Emissary on Intense by myself, collected almost all the trophys with like 25 away and beaten all the events.

You're not a member. Read the first page for the requirements to join, and come back in 24 hours. You may not join before then.

Co-OWNED.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School

Atoyont

Brains for brawn

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Nice Brawls, Atoyant. I've never really been able to get used to R.O.B, honestly. It has that odd feel to it that makes him seem slower than he should be, at least for me.

I would participate in the snapshot contest if I had any knowledge of how to use the camera on the internet, and do on.

May I join? I'm a hard-core Brawler.
I'm best with ZSS, Samus, Pokemon Trainer, and Marth
FC: N/A (unfortunately)
0 points

And, uh.... that's it, right?

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
May I join? I'm a hard-core Brawler.
I'm best with ZSS, Samus, Pokemon Trainer, and Marth
FC: N/A (unfortunately)
0 points

And, uh.... that's it, right?

Well...you partially used the form. And if you don't have a friend code, you don't need to fill that in. Mehhh I'll let you in...welcome! :]

shinycharzard13 = toon link, ike, ZSS, samus aran
FC:
1419 6457 6535
0 points

Now you've followed it. No need to color-code your form, though ^^; Anyways, you're in! :]

/modduties:3

Status
Not open for further replies.