• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Superhero Secret! (140)

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
The first time Gligarman appeared I thought it was a little weird. But throughout the show, I ended up loving him. I thought it was funny in the beginning when Togepi tries to pose like Gligarman. It is good to hear about the kind of super heroes in the pokemon world. I also thought the Metapod Men were funny. It was a good way to introduce Gligar, and I hope we see Gligarman (or Gligirl) in the future.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Gligarman! Man, I swear, this is the only character we've had where I genuinely questioned if he was on crack. But a good kind of crack :) He was pretty funny, running around, being all senile. Pff, as if Ash could be that crazy, haha.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This episode gave me such a headache the first time it aired haha. This Gligar episode is my least favorite episode in Johto because they could've done so much more with Gligar in this saga but it was reduced to being a superhero's sidekick. I didn't like the story very much as it revolved around superheroes. 2/10.

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Good filler episode
Gligar's first appearance was great, too bad it wasn't fighting so much.
and i loved the hero's girl costum.

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
This episode was really corny and it gave me one of those anime sweatdrops. The only thing I liked was that costume that Jessie was wearing.

RickHoenn

Banned
OMG, my highlight of this episode is when Ash slams Brock! you're a total nutcase!!! XD EPIC, one of my fave scenes in the anime til now! :D

I loved the scheme of the super-hero and all that stuff, Brock flirting was cool too, but ended with a broken heart :( XD

10/10

Vernikova

Champion
I really liked the superhero concept in this episode. Gligarman is one of my favorite characters in Johto because of his weird attitude. I'm indifferent to Gligar though.

G50

No longer posting
The 2nd worst episode of Johto for me personally. The only thing I liked was seeing Gligar for the 1st time. Gligarman was definitely 1 bizarre character... It was definitely funny to watch though. The PJs comment by Meowth was funny.

3/100

Calamity™

aka Lamia
It's Mareep!
Team Rocket used their brains with that water hole! It's a shame that Gligar man had to come and ruin it all! It was cool to see Gligar, but the whole Gliger Man / Gligirl thing was boring. I liked that metal Spinarak though, and the Metapod costumes.

Blessed

This episode was nice, I loved it. Latoya is a pretty girl and Brock falling for her was hilarious, especially when Misty yells at him. It's kinda cute.. & Jessie's costume was funny.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
I just watched this episode.
Team Rocket filling the hole with water so Ash couldn't use Pikachu was a new idea.
It was really funny, when Ash pictured himself being Gligarman and when James and Meowth put on Metapod costumes.
Team Rocket weren't a big threat in this episode though, but hardly ever are really...
I liked this episode though!

7threst

This one was hilarious. Like a parody of superheroes and masquerading in a Gligar costume. Genius parody for a filler and nice introduction to one of my favorite Pokémons too. It seems that some fillers in Johto can be hilarious, whereas some quite monotonous.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I kinda wished this episode served as a pilot for a spin-off. It would have been great to see a regular Gligarman series.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I rewatched this on Boomerang and I forgot that this was the worse johto episode back in the day for me. I get Gligar but that outfit...Nevermind.

Neat to see that the Pokemon world has these wannabe superhero kind of people in it as well. :)