• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Symbol Life (413)

M

Magi of all

Alfonso, you swear a lot, not that I'm complaining, just stateing a fact.

Looks to be an OK battle, but I wish Charizard had more close range attacks

S

Serebii.net

The pictures of Battle Factory epsiode(Part 2)

I have seen pictures on the Battle Factory epsiode(Part 2). It was best. I don't know why Charizard used Dragonbreath but in Pokemon FireRed Version doesn't have that attack. I almost know that Charizard can use Overheat & Seismic Toss. It was so great Ash had beaten Noland, the leader of Battle Factory and that he got the Knowledge Symbol and Battle Frontier symbol case from Noland, Scott tells Ash the next Battle Facility is at Battle Arena.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
Alfonso said:
Listen, punks.

THE ATTACK WAS F*CKING DRAGONBREATH SO STFU SAYING THAT IT WASN'T. THIS ISN'T THE F*CKING GAMES FOR F*CKS SAKE.

Got that? I've SEEN the episode. It. Was. Dragonbreath.

You're gonna marry me RIGHT NOW and like it, b*tch.

The games mean sh*t to the writers. They tossed out the randomness of the Factory, and put in Dragonbreath for Charizard. Have you people not leanred yet?!

Hey, Serebii.net, posting pointless smilies (especially if you're posting 16 of 'em) is a very convinient way to earn flames, so don't do it.

I'm really glad Charizard's gone. I hope it won't return for a long long LONG time. I just hope the later frontier battles are twice as better than this one. The arena sounds promising because of Greta. Phanpy (or Donphan if possible) would be a good pokemon to use against her since her pokemon doesn't seem that powerful by anime standards.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab

Johto Champion
I bet he'll return for the league..If there is one. Too bad they changed the sesmic toss now, I liked it better when they were flying around the world pretty funny.

majinveggito

Charizard using two new moves in a match kind of surprised me (Overheat and DragonBreath). I'm still kind of surprised that Charizard managed to defeat a legendary, although that's one awesome way to earn you first...badge?? O_O

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

just seen the pics

looks very good

and that looked like a strong dragonbreath!

but Ash got gold?

maybe noland only gave it to him cos he beat a 'legend'

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
He'll probably always get the Gold symbols, no reason to even show the Silver symbols in the anime. They're pointless, as it's obvious that Ash will just be fighting the Brains, and not the trainers leading up to the Brains.

MasterJedi

Coral Eye Trainer
Does anybody know what Brock tells May and Max while Ash is riding Charizard in the beginning of the episode?

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
...ugggh. I didn't like this one at all. Seeing Articuno battle and under the command of a trainer just made the bird seem a whole lot less special than its supposed to be. I know its already been discussed to death, but after actually watching the episode, the feeling really hits you like a ton of bricks. Gah, I'm really sorry for whining about it so much, but I just despised the entire concept >_<;
And to add to that, I'm furious that they made Charizard's Overheat seem a hell of a lot more special than Torkoal's. It makes me sick the way Torkoal is constantly put down in this show.

Though there were a few parts that I enjoyed.
Articuno lashing out with a ferocious barrage of Ice Beams, hitting Charizard in the wing and forcing it to hit the floor and roll uncontrolably. And its clever combination of both Water Pulse and Ice Beam was pretty neat~
Having Ash take Charizard for an early morning warm-up routine provided a nice intro scene to the episode. Its good to see him actually testing out his pokémon's strength and abilities before plunging into battle. And I have to say, watching him flying around on Charizard's back really made me miss Pigeot~

....thats all I really liked about it. There was too much unnesessary explanations of the attacks, the Team Rocket scenes were just crap and snatched up too much battle time and overall, I didn't really enjoy the battle itself. I found it to be lackluster at best, and I'm not letting my bias get in the way of that either. Probably the first aerial battle that failed to impress me :/

W

Waveblaster

The episode was bad...Dragonbreath wasn't that good and Overheat missed for crying out loud. I've seen much better animation for pokemon and this is possibly the worst in awhile. And in the end then have the battle finish with a Siesmic Toss which was
t-e-r-r-i-b-l-e. They really need more new strategies with Charizard. I'm glad it left at the end of the episode dispite the fact we knew it would happen. Did I mention the animation was bad?

poke_girl

The Amazing
frednmethod said:
Old pokemon is good. But old overused pokemon like Charizard aren't.

I thought the symbols were supposed to be engraved, not given. So this is basically just like gym battles, gym badges and gym leaders. I have a feeling that the upcoming frontier facilities will be similar to this as well. So no pyramid climbing for the pyramid, no room choosing in the pike, and no commandless battles in the palace.
I bet (or hope..) we'll see most of his old pokemon again, it would be cool if ones like Haunter came back to

V Faction

www.faction.com
poke_girl said:
I bet (or hope..) we'll see most of his old pokemon again, it would be cool if ones like Haunter came back to
Now, I'm going to assume, for your sake and mine as well, that you're aware of Ash's nonofficial possession of Haunter. That is to say, it was never his. And that, already out there as it is, is a good indicator of Haunter's continued absence.

I.E.: He ain't commin' back!

Good-bye, Charizard! Farewell till yet another oddly configured battle that pit the stakes depressingly high!

TeddiUrsa

Gravy said:
...ugggh. I didn't like this one at all. Seeing Articuno battle and under the command of a trainer just made the bird seem a whole lot less special than its supposed to be. I know its already been discussed to death, but after actually watching the episode, the feeling really hits you like a ton of bricks. Gah, I'm really sorry for whining about it so much, but I just despised the entire concept >_<;
And to add to that, I'm furious that they made Charizard's Overheat seem a hell of a lot more special than Torkoal's. It makes me sick the way Torkoal is constantly put down in this show.

Though there were a few parts that I enjoyed.
Articuno lashing out with a ferocious barrage of Ice Beams, hitting Charizard in the wing and forcing it to hit the floor and roll uncontrolably. And its clever combination of both Water Pulse and Ice Beam was pretty neat~
Having Ash take Charizard for an early morning warm-up routine provided a nice intro scene to the episode. Its good to see him actually testing out his pokémon's strength and abilities before plunging into battle. And I have to say, watching him flying around on Charizard's back really made me miss Pigeot~

....thats all I really liked about it. There was too much unnesessary explanations of the attacks, the Team Rocket scenes were just crap and snatched up too much battle time and overall, I didn't really enjoy the battle itself. I found it to be lackluster at best, and I'm not letting my bias get in the way of that either. Probably the first aerial battle that failed to impress me :/

You are SO right this episode didn´t impress me ery much at all.
I was hoping for funny random battles, this was thrown away..I was ******, but I could live with it. but a whole battle based on only two pokemon is rahter boring ( and I don´t the red lizard very much...and articuno wasn´t that thrilling).
I´m hoping that the next battle frontier battle will be much better...I was never disappointed because of a hoenn gym battle ( even the wattson episode was kinda okay), but this one felt so...heartless.

Batdude

Old school
I will NEVER stop loving Charizard. So now it has Dragonbreath AND Overheat? It's not like they upgraded it so it totally outclasses Torkoal in every way at all... So it learned Overheat that morning with Ash or something? That is very convenient. But what I really want to know is did TR say anything about Charizard's return? Any recognition like?

Chris

Old Coot
Hey everyone, guess what? Lizardon can learn Dragonbreath in GSC! So what does that mean? It means STFU about it not being able to learn it. ¬¬ It's ridiculous that a Pokémon can't learn a move it was perfectly capable of learning in a previous generation. And as we all know, games =/= anime. It's at least more understandable than Vibrava pulling Supersonic out of its rear.

poke_girl

The Amazing
V Faction said:
Now, I'm going to assume, for your sake and mine as well, that you're aware of Ash's nonofficial possession of Haunter. That is to say, it was never his. And that, already out there as it is, is a good indicator of Haunter's continued absence.

I.E.: He ain't commin' back!

Good-bye, Charizard! Farewell till yet another oddly configured battle that pit the stakes depressingly high!
I ment ones like him.. maybe we'll see Primape!

edit: or, maybe, more likly, Pidgot!

Last edited:

JazzJazz

Waveblaster said:
They really need more new strategies with Charizard. I'm glad it left at the end of the episode dispite the fact we knew it would happen.

I can think of one positive if charizard had stayed with Ash... at least people wouldn't start preaching abolut Ash needing a fire-type and trying to guess which one he might get.

majinveggito

Well...since there's an empty slot, Ash will probably get another fire-type. At least that's what it's shaping up to be...

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
majinveggito said:
Well...since there's an empty slot, Ash will probably get another fire-type. At least that's what it's shaping up to be...

He probably won't. Unless the writers are truly retarded that they absolutely HAVE to shove Ash with the same 5 boring types every single region. (Grass, Fire, Water, flying, electric).

He doesn't need a new fire type either, he has 3 perfectly good fire Pokemon as it is.