• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Symbol Life (413)

six words, stretched out and waste of time

one word: crap.

that's what this episode was.

BlueFlameCharizard

The Original Shiny Pokemon
Just makes you wonder how they'll handle the other Brains... I heard that Noland wasn't the only one with a Legendary pokemon correct (I've only beaten the bird gym leader in emerald)? If they do indeed give others legendaries... How is Ash going to compete agenist them all? Call Charizard back for each one that has a legendary pokemon?

Pikachu is Satoshi's second strongest pokemon correct? They do have a few options, but some seem a bit much.

1. They could pretty much force some of his pokemon to full evolve... Which is probably out of the question?

2. He could somehow capture a fully evolved pokemon (this includes one stage pokes)... Maybe even go as far as a legendary for himself (if they're despirate, since according to this episode... The birds and possibly other pokes are on par with regular pokemon that have been trained "correctly")... Which is more unlickly then the first one... Maybe a fully evolve non legendary pokemon is possible though... It seems the second most likely thing to happen IMO...

3. If they quickly want to move onto DP, they could have Satoshi lose and maybe consider himself "not ready for the frontier" yet...

4. They could have his regular pokes win agenist the legendaries... Which would uh... seem to ruin the idea of a legendary pokemon if a non evolved or mid evolved pokemon could do it (unless they allow them to use multiple pokes agenist the legendary, I guess that could happen)

I guess, we'll have to see... It's kindive hard to guess now how they'll handle the rest... Another note, if other Brains have legendary pokes... I hope they don't just say "oh, this here is my friend... I don't own him/her though"... If they have other legendaries on the brains side... They might as well have them as offically their pokemon... It's a bit repetitive if they're all friends with the brains but not their actual pokemon...

~rubs head in confushion~

well, on another note... IF they do have legends... What do you think the chances of a Legendary pokemon actually remembers Satoshi? I mean, he has run into a bunch of them... The only one I recall him not running into is Raikou... So I would guess it could be possible? ^^

Last edited:

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
BlueFlameCharizard said:
well, on another note... IF they do have legends... What do you think the chances of a Legendary pokemon actually remembers Satoshi? I mean, he has run into a bunch of them... The only one I recall him not running into is Raikou... So I would guess it could be possible? ^^
Well...chances are that any more legendaries we see will be individuals that Ash hasn't met yet. Just like Datsura's Articuno(which was different form the one in the 2nd movie and in that one episode in Johto). Although, aside from...what's the name of the Brain that heads the Battle Pyramid?..., I doubt that we'll see any more legendaries being used by Brains.

Irene

Rather bizarre
I can't and won't comment on how upset I am with this episode. They completely ruined the original meaning of the Battle Factory, making it look just any (boring) Gym battle... only adding a legendary. And what's with Datsura winning and then saying "No wait a sec...", Freezer faints, Lizardon wakes up again, lololololol Satoshi wins.
Knowledge? ... of course. YEAH. Satoshi hadn't even tought those new attacks to his Pokémon! Lizardon had already learnt them in the Lizardon-Valley-whatever-it-is-called...
Of course Satoshi wouldn't have tought anything to a Rental Pokémon as well, but that's different, Lizardon is HIS Pokémon that is only stronger now because he's training somewhere else. He's always been strong, but in this case you can't absolutley say thanks to his trainer. I'm sorry :/

... Okay, in the end I commented.

Juputoru said:
-A random thought...will we ever get to see Scott's eyes? Or will they remain hidden behind those sunglasses, but not recieve much notice because people are too focused on Brock's lack of eyes?
Actually, they've shown us his eyes already. I should have a screenshot somewhere...
... here: Enishida's eyes

Juputoru said:
Well...chances are that any more legendaries we see will be individuals that Ash hasn't met yet. Just like Datsura's Articuno(which was different form the one in the 2nd movie and in that one episode in Johto). Although, aside from...what's the name of the Brain that heads the Battle Pyramid?..., I doubt that we'll see any more legendaries being used by Brains.
Jindai/Brandon.
Seeing that he ONLY owns legendaries in the game, them being the Three Birds (cough) and the Regis, I wonder WHAT they'll give to him if not a legendary o.o
(LOL what about an Egyptian new 4th generation pokémon +is shot+)
... but seeing how he didn't appear as a silouhette in the episode "Enishida and the Battle Frontier", and he doesn't appear in the animation of the opening theme, but only as a quick shadow, my only theory is that they fused him and Datsura into a unique Brain creating the Ultimate Bishonen of the Battle Frontier. Or maybe Freezer escaped from Jindai because he treated him bad D: Or maybe the writers have just completely forgot about him XD

And with this optimistic thought, I salute you XP

Last edited:

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Batdude said:
I could have sworn that Dexter just called it 'rage'. It was when his tail flame grew to be about as tall as him? I thought he only learned Dragon Rage when fighting Dragonite. And Oak went off explaining it.

Can anyone help out here? It has been a while since I saw it though. Maybe it's just wishful thinking or something.

Alfonso said:
Batdude is right, I believe. It was just Rage. If I recall correctly, the same thing happened in the Primeape episode... Charmander used Rage, and it's tail grew much bigger.
Your memories are right on the mark, but it was a dub error. After all, Charmander learned Rage long ago, so it wouldn't have said it just learned Rage?

The tail flame got big when using Rage, however when it learned Dragon Rage its flame attack changed shape into a ball of flame instead of a simple stream. You'll note that when Charizard uses Dragon Rage against the Dragonite it works the same way as the episode where it learned the move but got dubbed wrongly as Rage.

Then of course by Johto Dragon Rage has changed form to make it more unique (its taken about four forms altogether among the different Pokemon that have used it throughout the series), becoming for Charizard a cool looking orb of crackling Dragon energy.

<><><>

Rage hasn't had any consistent look in the series, but it always centers around the user taking damage and getting stronger because of it. In the game Rage itself is the only move to gain power, but in the anime all the Pokemon's abilities seem to increase, making Rage function more as a stat-enhancing move than a attack itself.

Examples, both from the first series:

Charmander: It starts using Rage as it gets punched again and again, each time it takes the hit more easily. It's eyes start to blaze with an inner fire and suddenly it is moving fast, more agilely, its Flamethrower increases in size and power and its whole body radiates new strength.

Farfetch'd: It gets whipped by Bulbasaur again and again but as it starts using Rage (not identified in the episode but probably was Rage) it begins to take the hits more easily and suddenly is easily batting the whips aside.

Irene said:
Knowledge? ... of course. YEAH. Satoshi hadn't even tought those new attacks to his Pokémon! Lizardon had already learnt them in the Lizardon-Valley-whatever-it-is-called...
I suppose "Knowledge" could be justified in that Ash was able to adjust and figure out Charizard's new abilities so quickly. They also semi-indicated that he learned Overheat while practicing with Ash right? Overall, still a poorly done aspect of the episode.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Overall this episode had a lot of wasted potential. The Lizardon vs. Furiizaa battle was poorly done and could have been much better. There seemed to be a lot of unnecessary pauses in the battle, which interrupted the action, and to top it off we have the extremely overused and overrated "which one will stay down?" finish. Whatever happened to a definitive win over the opponent, where one pokémon is KO'ed and the other wins?

Bleh, what a bad start to the battle frontier. :/

X

XDLord

To sum the episode up, it was an absolute wad of indigested crap.

poke_girl

The Amazing
You're all so fussy!! >_<;;

kukkyou_ooraka

Original Pokeshipper
poke_girl said:
You're all so fussy!! >_<;;

I agree with Poke_girl. The episode wasnt too bad( the first episode to a new saga never is) The next episodes I believe will be much better.

~Flareon~

The pictures of Battle Factory epsiode(Part 2)

I have seen pictures on the Battle Factory episode(Part 2). It was best. I don't know why Charizard used Dragonbreath but in some versions of the game doesn't have that attack. I almost know that Charizard can use Overheat & Seismic Toss. It was so great Ash had beaten Noland, the leader of Battle Factory and that he got the Knowledge Symbol and Battle Frontier symbol case from Noland, Scott tells Ash the next Battle Facility is at Battle Arena.

Last edited:

Team Rocket Admin

Rene Swee said:
I have seen pictures on the Battle Factory epsiode(Part 2). It was best. I don't know why Charizard used Dragonbreath but in Pokemon FireRed Version doesn't have that attack. I almost know that Charizard can use Overheat & Seismic Toss. It was so great Ash had beaten Noland, the leader of Battle Factory and that he got the Knowledge Symbol and Battle Frontier symbol case from Noland, Scott tells Ash the next Battle Facility is at Battle Arena.
Well in G/S/C Charizard, and even Charmander, and Charmeleon can learn Dragonbreath through a TM, and anyway the games are different than the anime.

J

jynx

lol...you know the Japanese words near the end of the episode...

I thought Kanto's got an Earthquake, is like...what?
But it turns out that its the Kanto in Japan that's got an earthquake, not the Kanto in Pokemon @@|||

John's Knight

furizaa said:
No. Actually there is no possible way Charizard could ever learn Dragonbreath...... So everyone stop saying it's Dragonbreath

Hi, i'm new here, so i don't know what to say but this: in the GSC games, Charizard could learn Dragonbreath, so it could be dragonbreath, i don't know, i couldn't understand it by the pictures.

Last edited:

crawdauntpro

darksidetrainer
It is Dragonbreath, so its final! I think...
;006;

Addydo

X-Men/Pokemon Fan!
Are you guys sure that Charizard used Overheat, and not Blast Burn!?
Because when I saw Venusaur using Frenzy Plant, he started glowing green,
just like Charizard.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Addydo said:
Are you guys sure that Charizard used Overheat, and not Blast Burn!?
Because when I saw Venusaur using Frenzy Plant, he started glowing green,
just like Charizard.
Quote Satoshi:

"Lizardon! OVAAHEATO!!!!!"

The end.

B

BrokenDreams

I thought the episode was okay, still it could have been better written. I just know you can't expect much from those writers, anyway what else can we do it's not like we can turn back time and go to Tokyo and find the writers and tell that they really screwed up.