• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Symbol Life (413)

V Faction

www.faction.com
I know I gave this episode a lot of crap... And I'm still sour about using Overheat over Blast Burn... But it makes up for that in having a wicked cool battle!

Wasn't Articuno supposedly faking? Or am I mish-mashing that with one of Ash's early pity badges.

Fun Fact: For the longest time (if you consider when this title was released long) I thought today's episode was called "The Symbol of Life"

RandomCharizard

The music that was playing in the background when Charizard was getting up was awesome. Imo this was a lousy battle, and the "last one standing" thing realy wasn't needed. Whatever though. Also, how the hell do Max and May know so much about the Jouto League?

Momoko Lover

Hop, Skip, Jump!!!
They supposedly watched it on TV. Anyways, I didn't really pay attention to this episode, Numero Uno Articuno was more exciting to me. Even though I didn't like either of these episodes.

Tazzler

I liked the fact that articuno was in it, as I love articuno. About the battle......I am not too fond of charizard winning, tbh. I wish it lost for once.

PDL

disenchanted
pretty impressive battle, although I would have been more impressed if it had better music :p

G

Geki

A pretty decent battle, but not as good as the ones in Hoenn. I liked it mainly because Ash used Charizard, and Charizard is an original Pokemon of Ash's, not to mention one of my favorite Pokemon. I thought that Charizard would use Blast Burn instead of Overheat, but oh well.

10/10

Swellow

Spider Sceptile
RandomCharizard said:
Also, how the hell do Max and May know so much about the Jouto League?
In the epiosde when Norman's Vigorath defeats Ash's Pikachu like the first episode we meet Max, Max tells about how he remembers Ash in the top 16 If i recall of the Silver Convention(Johto League).

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Good points:

- Lots of continuity. Brock talks about Liza and the Charicific Valley, Max recalls watching Charizard battle in the Johto League Championships, and Ash takes flight on Charizard, something he could never do before.

- For Ash's first official battle against a legendary Pokemon, he did pretty good! Charizard has gotten a lot stronger, and we can its training in the valley has page off. The new attacks it used were questionable, but overall I don't really mind.

This episode could have used better animation and better music, but it was still pretty good with what we got. Very epic.

- Ash gets the Knowledge symbol, as well as his Frontier case.

- Max says the Battle Arena is close? Really? Is that why it takes you guys 15 more episodes to get there? Ho!

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
Pretty good episode. Nice battle, cool to see an Articuno and Ash get Charizard back. HOWEVER, like V Faction, I would have preferred Blast Burn over Overheat.

V Faction

www.faction.com
CyberCubed said:
- Max says the Battle Arena is close? Really? Is that why it takes you guys 15 more episodes to get there? Ho!
Haha, I noticed that too (actually, I had to look up the exact number on the website u_u).

Maybe they should've saved that little line of dialogue for one of the later facilities, ne?

Kabuto

little punks!
I was glad to see Chaizard after 3 years of its absence. After all, there was so much character development between Ash and Charizard. It would almost be like kicking Pikachu off the show. Don't worry we may see Charizard use Blast Burn..... 3 years from now. >_>.

The Phantom Thief

Swellow said:
In the epiosde when Norman's Vigorath defeats Ash's Pikachu like the first episode we meet Max, Max tells about how he remembers Ash in the top 16 If i recall of the Silver Convention(Johto League).

Ash came in the Top 8 in the Johto League, not the top 16.

Anyways, it was a good episode. It was cool seeing Charizard back and he put up a great battle against Articuno. Charizard learned 2 new attacks which was cool. Ash gets the Knowledge Symbol and a Frontier case. Charizard's first appearence in AG was a good one, IMO.

9/10

Mirai Mirai

rabid kitten
IMO, the episode was okay. It lacked something...if I could only think of what it lacked. But at least it wasn't bad. *shudders*

V Faction

www.faction.com
^Maybe something a little out of the ordinary? I know a trainer doesn't just have a showdown with a legendary Pokemon every day, but they were throwing attacks out like a standard match. Where's the spice to this bread and butter?

The Blaine battle was on top of a volcano which was nifty. Maybe a change of scenery. Or maybe... Blast Burn! Or Charizard could have gone wild! Or maybe no Team Rocket intrusion? How about having Ash and Noland flying in their air with their Pokemon?

Puffs

...NINE-THOUSAND!!!!
The part where Charizard skims the wall while being chased by Ice Beam was awesome. This episode's animation was superb, imo.

Medea

Excalibur
Damn Overheat...>_> I was expecting Blast Burn!

Well besides pointing out the obvious, this was a pretty good episode. I loved seeing Charizard again (since we haven't seen it since the good old days of Johto). But that's all I can say for this episode.

*pours 40 bottle on the ground*

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
This episode was freaking sweat, i didn't like how they ended the battle, or the fact that we got Overheat over Blast Burn, but the fight still rocked, especially the seismic spiral pile driver on Articuno.

hIrAm

Flygon Prince said:
The part where Charizard skims the wall while being chased by Ice Beam was awesome. This episode's animation was superb, imo.
I'll definately second that opinion. It was an overall tasty, delectable episode, and I enjoyed it fully. =\

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
I think the Grand Festival and Hoenn League seriously lowered you people's standards for animation. This was still visually sub-par.

For the record, Max stated in his debut episode that he watched the Silver Conference on TV, which is why he knows so much about Charizard. And Ash has no doubt talked about him during their adventures.

Didn't see what was so special about Overheat, seeing as how Torkoal used it a gazillion times (or at least every one of the few times he appeared). Oh, and WTF is Blast Burn? So shoot me, I've never even heard of that attack.

Swellow

Spider Sceptile
You must be Joking right, Blast Burn is the Ultimate Elemental Hyper Beam attack that any of the 2 Fire Starters from Kanto or Johto can learn. Johto via at least Pokemon XD Winning Mt. Battle and Kanto in FireRed/LeafGreen on 2 Island.
[SPOIL]Frenzy Plant the Ultimate Grass Hyper Beam that Venesaur or Meganium can learn is shown in an upcoming contest of May's during season 9[/SPOIL]

Last edited: