• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

::The Tag Battle Partners Club:: V.2~

Welcome to the...​

.::Tag Battle Partners Club::.

The Club is alive yet again! Yay!
Are you a fan of these Trainers who give you a helping hand in Pokemon Diamond/Pearl and Platinum?
Well, join this club! Here, you can discuss your favorite Partner whether it be from the Anime, Games, talk about their Pokemon, movesets, or anything else you can think of!

- Cheryl
Cheryl is the first partner you meet in Diamond/Pearl & Platinum!
She carries around a Chansey and starts off lost inside of Eterna Forest,
And her Team in the Battleground is specialized in HP and it could take a while to take her down.

- Mira
Mira is the lost little girl in Wayward Cave,
She has a child like personality that makes her seem even more innocent and harmless,
Her only Pokemon when you find her is her Kadabra,
And she specializes in Special Attack in the Battleground~

- Riley
Riley is the calm and cool trainer on Iron Island and is a great help when you team up with him,
He gives you a Riolu egg, he practices Aura with his Lucario,
And he seems to have a love for Steel types, but his team in the Battleground all specialize in Attack~

- Marley
Marley is the quiet shy girl who is lost in Victory Road with her trusted partner, Arcanine.
Nothing much is known about her, but it is hinted that she has and interest for the Gratitude Pokemon, Shaymin.
Her Pokemon specialize in Speed in the Battleground~

- Buck
Buck is the crazy, hyperactive, and determined one of the bunch.
In D/P, he seems to have sparked a rivalry with your rival and, in a way, mirrors your rival's personality,
His grandfather owns and runs the Battleground in Platinum, his trusty partner is Claydol,
And he specializes in both Defenses (Sp. Defense & Defense) in the Battleground~

Rules!
(Every Club needs them!)

♥ All Sppf Rules apply~

♥ All Club Rules apply~

♥ Do NOT Bash, Flame, Troll, or SPAM here! It's a happy club for all~

♥ Do NOT post One-Liners, please! Make sure your posts are more than 3 sentences and makes sense to the topic/discussion!

♥ Do NOT go off-topic please~

♥ When talking about new episodes in Japan concerning the Partners or anything else that's already comfirmed, please put them in Spoiler tags. Speculation on what you want is alright, as long as you don't spoil anything else ~

♥ When posting fan art, put it in Spoiler Tags as well and give credits to the artist. Same goes for Banners and/or Icons~

♥ Have Fun~ ;D

- pokefan#493 [Owner]
- WGCV23 [Co-owner #1]
- Pikachu_luver[Co-owner #2]
- [Co-owner #3]
- [Co-owner #4]

- darklord18
- Escape Reality
- Shadow XD001
- Dooplissotto
- Virtuos
- TheMagician
- ap13095
- LightingKimba

tagbattlepartnersbanner.png

Credits goes to Skiyomi~

If you would like to see the old club for any reason, go here!
The Tag Battle Partners Club
The original!

Last edited:

Hihiroshi

<- Waifu
I would like to join ( C'mon I was the first version Owner :'( ).

Who is your favorite Tag Partner and why?

My Favorite Partner Is Riley because in the Games he helped me a lot and In platinum he gives me a hidden move :D. His team in the Battle ground is really strong and I liked his anime appearence.

But I like to pair myself with the other partners in the Battle Tower espeacially with Marley , which I had a 98 win streak with her ( I forgot wut wus the streak XD )

Edit- Pokefan#493 can I be Co-owner ? I am sure I will do a Good job in here and I really want to help you in the Club :D ;D

Last edited:
:eek: It got approved! Yayz~ Welcome back to the club, WGCV23! :D

Now, first order of business.

THE FIRST TOPIC~

Mine is Marely! She's the cool, Gothic Lolita styled girl who has a taste for speed, and we pair up quite nicely in the Battle Tower. =D Her attitude is certainly different than any other characters in the game Emo, much?. She's awesome. :D

Have fun, people~! :3 Edit: Also, WGCV23 is Co-owner #1 since he asked for it and he was the previous owner. ;D

I'll give co-owner status to people who have been in the club long enough and have followed the rules~

Last edited:

darklord18

why didn't noone tell adout this?

Mira because she cute and like the intro post, as well that you going to think she weak in the battleground and then you find she one taught little girl.

Marley because well I just like the whole "I don't talk much." I don't really know (same with Mira I don't really know.) but I started like her when I start my Cheekyshipping fic.

Escape Reality

Daydreamer
oooh, a new version! :D i want to join it!
like i said in the last version, i like riley and marley the most.
riley, because he's actually helpful when you need to battle. *cough* *cheryl* *cough* and marley because there's something about her that draws me in... maybe it's her attitude because it's different than most of the characters. and they both also work well for me in the battle frontier. :D

Welcome (back) to the club, darklord18 and Escape Reality! :D I hope y'all enjoy the newer version! ^.^

lol. So far Marley and Riley are the most favorite. >.> Haha. I don't know why, but I always prefer battling either Marley or Riley in the Battlegrounds, and I ALWAYS choose Marely in the Battle Tower. =] I think we work really good together. =D

Poor Cheryl and Buck has no lovers right now. ;;

darklord18

Thanks for it I hope this one last alot longer than the last.

lol. So far Marley and Riley are the most favorite. >.> Haha. I don't know why, but I always prefer battling either Marley or Riley in the Battlegrounds, and I ALWAYS choose Marely in the Battle Tower. =] I think we work really good together. =D

Well Mira so far has good move set and good pokemon that match them. Marley has fast pokemon but not good move set (ectrode with Gyro ball?) Riley has good Move set but not very good pokemon, Buck good defense and Cheryl well let not go there, Milotic with Surf?) but that what I think.

Anyway my team way underlevel and they got own by any of the partners and gym leaders.

great job with the first post Pokefan. it well done.

Pikachu_luver

♪ Blue Bird ♪
Hello everyone! May I join?
*plays recording of pokefan* I bet you know what this means don't you? XD
Anyway yay for a new club!
Riley cause one he's hot. XD But really I like the way he trains his pokemon. Also wats not to love that he gives you an egg?

*Time for a happy dance for the club!* XD

Last edited:
Hello everyone! May I join?
*plays recording of pokefan* I bet you know what this means don't you? XD
Anyway yay for a new club!
Riley cause one he's hot. XD But really I like the way he trains his pokemon. Also wats not to love that he gives you an egg?

Of course I know what that means. XD Sure, you can be Co-owner! on one condition*shot* I already promised you before. ;D But you had to record me, huh? xD;

I'm glad all you peeps are here to re-join! =D Make sure you all follow the rules and have fun! and no over-obsessing with a character. xD; it CAN get creepy. :]

Hihiroshi

<- Waifu
Of course I know what that means. XD Sure, you can be Co-owner! on one condition*shot* I already promised you before. ;D But you had to record me, huh? xD;

I'm glad all you peeps are here to re-join! =D Make sure you all follow the rules and have fun! and no over-obsessing with a character. xD; it CAN get creepy. :]

Is true Don't post about one Character only C'mon you must discuss every Partner Even if you dislike him/her . And I am going to start new streak with Marley ( my fav. battling Partner ). Well here is another new Topic :What do you think of Riley Debut episodes ( Dub version )?

Shadow XD001

Hi, pokefan! I know I wasn't in the last one, but good to see this club up and running again! Since I wasn't in the last one, I would love to be in this one, please.

Who is your favorite Tag Battle Partner and why?
I like Riley because he is pretty cool and Lucario rocks!

Hey, Shadow XD001! It's great to see you here~ Sure you can join! We need more members anyway. :x

What do you think of Riley's debut episodes? (Dub version)

I thought it was an okay episode. I think Mars and Barry stole the spotlight from him. :< It was still awesome to see him on the screen and hear how his English voice sounded like.

I wonder if/when/how the writers will put Marley or Buck in the Anime... Can't wait to see if they do. =D

Shadow XD001

It was good. Like pokefan said, Mars and Jupiter stole the spotlight. It was still good. The second episode was better.

darklord18

I wonder if/when/how the writers will put Marley or Buck in the Anime... Can't wait to see if they do. =D

well this is what I think but it has to be in spoilers.
I think Marley will be put into the league, and before anyone ask why, Mira never appear near her area in the game. so as the anime has yet to show a Victory road, it best to think Marley will be Ash opponent in the league. Buck will most likely get one episode if it follows DP storyline or a couple with the rest of the tag partner. but this is what I think.

what do you guys think?

Pikachu_luver

♪ Blue Bird ♪
Awesome new members! But we still need the old members from the last club.

The episodes were really good. But like everyone else is saying Mars and Barry took most of the spotlight. In all I really liked the episodes and it was cool to see Riley using his aura. :)

I think Marley will be put into the league, and before anyone ask why, Mira never appear near her area in the game. so as the anime has yet to show a Victory road, it best to think Marley will be Ash opponent in the league. Buck will most likely get one episode if it follows DP storyline or a couple with the rest of the tag partner. but this is what I think.

what do you guys think?

You don't have to put Spoilers for speculation. XD If it has to do with something that already happened in the Anime (Japanese Version) or has something that somebody wouldn't normally know, that's when you would need spoilers. What you put is just harmless Speculation that won't spoil anybody. :)

I was thinking that Marley could be an opponent against Ash in the League. Or, they find Marley on the way to the League and do whatever the writers would plan to do...

Like you said, Mira wasn't anywhere near Wayward Cave when they encountered her since they would have no real reason to go in the cave in the first place. I don't think they would go through Victory Road, so they won't encounter Marley like in D/P/Pt.

Buck... Well, I don't know where he would come up. XD I think I'll need spoilers for him.

We already know that there is a high chance of the Sinnoh gang going to Johto after some filler arc and after the League (due to promoting HG/SS). Buck, in the games, resides in the Battle Island in the resort area. I'm thinking that they could meet up with him on the way to Johto or meet him in Johto.

darklord18

What do you think of Riley Debut episodes ( Dub version )?
I only seen the picture but I have to agree with everyone, Riley didn't get as much screentime he should have gotten and the storyline was sorta the same as Lance two jhoto episodes. overall 4/10.

Last edited:

Rommath

▲_▲
Excellent, V.2's up and running. I'll join again, If I may. ^_^

What do you think of Riley Debut episodes ( Dub version )?

Well, it was okay, though it kind of felt he was shoved into the episode which mainly focused on Team Galactic, especially Mars and the grunts working with her, as well as Barry/Jun/Red Bull Boy. He played a good role in stopping the explosion and Lucario's rage at being controlled by the signals, but the two-parter did have a lot of characters to juggle around, which meant that Riley didn't get as much screen-time and focus as I would have liked. Hopefully he'll appear again and have a bit more of a role, though possibly not until the possible filler season or when Buck and Marley have had their debuts. I'd did like the Japanese version more than the dub, though a lot of that was the music and guessing what the characters were trying to say mostly. :rolleyes:

Shamelessly copied and pasted with a few tweaks, though it was the 4th last post. Ehehehe...

Last edited:

Pikachu_luver

♪ Blue Bird ♪
Awesome one more member! Thanks for using the club banner! Make sure you credit Skiyomi since she made it. :) Otherwise have fun here!

Well I shall make a new topic.
Which Tag Battle Partner has the best team?
For me I'd say its a mix between Riley and Cheryl. Riley has Pokemon that have good attack. (Especially his Lucario and Salamance.) While Cheryl has pokemon who have high Hp. So you can annoying the other person with a blissey or wailord. Lol ^o^

Last edited:

darklord18

Which Tag Battle Partner has the best team?

They all had good team that focus on what they train for.

Buck = defense.
Cheryl = HP
Mira = sp attack
Riley = attack
Marley = speed

Though I don't remember Riley having a Slaking but that would've be nice to see it on his team.
Also it seen that in HG/SS it seen like we are getting some Tag partners. I read in the HG/SS area that those Eevee sister might have a sorta same role as the Tag partners did. What do you guys think? I don't mind I like mulit battles and I have no problem with them being like the partner that is if they do have the role in the game and if so then will they be add to the club?

I keep looking in the HG/SS area and let you guys know if they are or aren't.