• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Tag Battle Partners Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hihiroshi

<- Waifu
Welcome to Tag Battle Partners Club! Are you a fan of Mira? Or Riley? Well, if you are OR any of the other partner trainers in the D/P/Pt games, then this is the place for you!

What is a partner trainer? They are the people in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum where you had to help them with some quest. The person would 'partner' up with you to get through a dungeon, like Eterna Forest and Stark Mountain. Any wild pokemon that appeared would come in twos, and all the trainer battles in the dungeon would be double battles. And at the end of any battle, your party would be automatically healed.

Credits for the Introduction goes to Sapphire Phoenix

Rules:
1. All SPPf rules apply.
2. Please, no bashing of any kind. Respect one another and be friendly.
3. No double, triple, or more posts are allowed. Only one is needed.
4. Only post within the club if you are joining or if you have already joined. If you post and are not joining or have not already joined then you shall earn yourself a strike.
5. If you wish to post an image, use this code insert-link-here[/*img]. Take out the asterisk (star), to post an image. Please credit all fan art used!
6. Spoiler Tags are to be used when talking about anything to do with the Anime.
7. The breaking of any of these rules will result in a strike. Three strikes will earn you a ban.
8. If you change your username, please let me know in the club by posting or by sending me a PM.
9. Have fun!

[FONT="Arial Black"]What happens when you break the rules?[/FONT]
People who fail to follow the rules will earn themselves strike. A strike will be given if a rule is broken. More than one strike may be given depending on which rule(s) is/are broken. With time, the strikes can fade if you act appropriately within the club, and you don't cause anymore trouble. If you get three strikes then you are banned from the club until further notice.

[FONT="Arial Black"]Owner[/FONT]
WGCV23 is the club owner you can call me W23 if you want

[FONT="Arial Black"]Co Owner[/FONT]
Pokefan#493
Mr. Joker

[FONT="Arial Black"]Members List[/FONT]
holy lucario
Sapphire Phoenix
Mr. Joker
LightingKimba
Sweetpikachu
The Renowned Obscurity
Dooplissotto
PkLegendHeroe
FireMeowth
Lemonade
[ Ampharos ]
Virtuos
TurtwigFan1
Mizu♪
SuperWeb606
Shinygulpin288
TheMagician
Escape Reality
AmazingPiplup
Ringy
ap13095
Allyson
darklord18
[FONT="Arial Black"]Strikes[/FONT]

[FONT="Arial Black"]Banned[/FONT]

[FONT="Arial Black"]Topics Used[/FONT]
What partner was your favorite?
What Partner you dislike?
Which Partner has the best Pokemon and why?
What Partner Shippings do you support?
Witch Partner did you spen the most time with and Why?
Which Tag Team Partner do you relate to the most?
Who do you pick in the Battle Salon the most? And who do you end up battling well with?
If you can spend one day with your favorite tag partner, what would you do together?
Where do you think the Tag Partners were born?
Which partner episode did you like?
Which Partner has the best Team?
If you could create your own Tag Partner what would he/she be like, What would be the team, how old would it be, what does she wear?
Which Tag partner has the strangest design?
If your faviote Tag Partner didn't have the pokemon he/she didn't have, what pokemon could you imagen him/her with?
Which legendary pokemon do you think matches each partner?

Last edited:

darklord18

Can I join? but I do think we need a form maybe just this topic I'm about to post would count?

First topic

Anyone that know me know my favorite Mira, she was helpful and not once was a wast of time to team with even though she never gave you anything, In the battle tower she use my favorite type (Psychic type) and I have a 35 record.

Hihiroshi

<- Waifu
Well thanks darklord18 and don't worry posting here counts as joining. As I promised you are one of the 2 co owners of the club positions I gave yesterday.

Well my favorite partner will always be Buck just because he help me level up my pokemon a lot when I visited Stark Mountain for the first time and I like his personality a lot. Also he is to me the best partner you can fight on platinum just because his defense oriented team is very interesting and fun to fight.

Teebird

Can I join?

What Partner was your favorite?
It's got to be Riley. Lucario is my favorite Pokemon, and he really helped me out in the Battle Tower.

Hihiroshi

<- Waifu
Of course you can join holy lucario I will add you to the list.
New Topic:

Well the only one I disliked even a little was Cheryl. I think because when I was playing with her in the game she bassicaly healed her chansey and was leaving me to defeat 2 pokemon at once in the fight and it rarely atacked the oponent.

darklord18

I don't like Cheryl due to her healing with full hp or missing with egg bomb.
The other I like a little it just the way they battle.
Buck would only use earthquake which my focus sash holding Lucario, Roserade and Empoleon were weak against.
Marley just about every move she did was helping hand or that move that boost speed.
Riley he use move that were weak to the pokemon we were fighting. (Metal claw on a steel type, why Riley why?) and I lose 4000p because of it. The only thing that made up for this is getting a egg of him.

Last edited:
I'm here to join and to be co-owner as W23 promised~!:D

My favorite is a three-way tie between Mira, Riley and Marley. Mira and Marley seem to be ahead a little. I like these three because of their personalities in the game (and in the anime. Although Marley didn't appear yet) and their styles of their clothing. Mira is cute, Riley looks cool, and Marley is mysterious.

What partner do you dislike?

Cheryl. She's kinda boring and her clothing is too. She doesn't seem all that interesting actually. So, in other words, she's kinda boring in my opinion. (If any one out there likes Cheryl, don't be offended by my negativism on her, that's just my opinion.) I don't totally dislike her. She's sweet overall and very nice and helpful towards Ash and co. in the anime. =)

Hihiroshi

<- Waifu
Welcome to the club Pokefan#493 and a promise is a promise and I always kept mine so you are the 2 co owner.

New topic:

To me I always though that Riley's Lucario was the best pokemon among the partners pokemon not just because about the popularity it has it is because the attacks it has and the type combination that has this pokemon that's why I think Lucario is the best of those pokemon in general.

darklord18

My favorite is a three-way tie between Mira, Riley and Marley. Mira and Marley seem to be ahead a little. I like these three because of their personalities in the game (and in the anime. Although Marley didn't appear yet) and their styles of their clothing. Mira is cute, Riley looks cool, and Marley is mysterious.
Mira's style of clothing is unique to me because you don''t normal see it in game and anime. (I not trying to be rude.). Same goes for Marley, When I first saw her in the battle tower I thought she was a Dark type trainer and Dark type I don't really use much but found out she use other type. Mira remind me of the school kid and psychic trainer class while Buck look a lot like the young boy trainer class. anyone else notices tis?

What partner do you dislike?

Cheryl. She's kinda boring and her clothing is too. She doesn't seem all that interesting actually. So, in other words, she's kinda boring in my opinion. (If any one out there likes Cheryl, don't be offended by my negativism on her, that's just my opinion.) I don't totally dislike her. She's sweet overall and very nice and helpful towards Ash and co. in the anime. =)
[/QUOTE]
That three people that don't like Cheryl. I have to say I didn't like her in the anime due to her screen time (same goes for Riley).

I just hope they a lot better in Platinum than they were in DP. I hate having to team up with Cheryl and Riley again if they did the same thing they did in DP and make me have to do all the work. (for people who like Cheryl and Riley, I don't mean to offended you.)

*joins*

What Partner was your favorite?
Riley because he reminded me so much of Sir Aaron from the anime, and that he had a Lucario. Plus the fact that he gave you a Riolu egg was nice ^^.

darklord18

/\ your in, Welcome Sapphire phoenix.

so far, everyone here like Riley or Mira.

I also like Marley.

Either Buck or Cheryl. Buck because his event delayed me to get to Heatran (and I don't like Claydol.) I also don't like Cheryl because I don't like where she comes in at. It's too early :/

Riley. Lucario, even though it was weak to the pokemon in the cave, had good attacks that could do major damage to the opponents too. Yeah.

darklord18

I also like Marley.
I find her strange, but I didn't really like her because she just help take herself out
she use helping hand
Garchomp dose earthquake
Garchomp the only one left standing.

Either Buck or Cheryl. Buck because his event delayed me to get to Heatran (and I don't like Claydol.) I also don't like Cheryl because I don't like where she comes in at. It's too early :/
Buck was a pain, I haven't been to get Heartran yet because most of my team in underlevel (early 70).
Cheryl, I glad when I get platinum I starting with Chimchar. working with her in DP was the worst time playing the game. she just not as good as the other. but she has good pokemon in the battle tower.

Riley. Lucario, even though it was weak to the pokemon in the cave, had good attacks that could do major damage to the opponents too. Yeah.
your lucky, he only use move that were the same type as the pokemon we were fighting when I was with him.

Cheryl, I glad when I get platinum I starting with Chimchar. working with her in DP was the worst time playing the game. she just not as good as the other. but she has good pokemon in the battle tower.
I'm not picking Chimchar since I don't like it. I'll probably use Grotle, since it will be the only pokemon on my team at the time (unless I trade over an Eevee egg, hatch it, trade it back and evolve it into Glaceon, and trade it back to Platinum). I might do that... Chansey was terrible. It would use Egg Bomb, but it wouldn't do much damage.

darklord18

or it would miss. other than that she would just heal at full hp. has anyone bother to team with her in the battle tower? Chansey is not a attack. it a defender. But can Chansey even learn Egg bomb at that level?

I just pick Chimchar because when it evolve I can just take her out instead of her wasting my time.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Can I join? I was sent here by darklord18 and am a big fan of Riley, Cheryl and Marley. I have been thinking of a fic about them lately but that can wait. Here we go by topic time:

Marley, she was always a favriote of mine with her Arcanine and I have only beaten the battle tower with her.

I am going to be shot by darklord but I am not a big fan of Mira. I don't wanna say why but I never liked her in the anime or D/P/Pt

Marley. I liked how she had no ubers in the BT team.

darklord18

/\your accept, Welcome.

Don't worry about it. I don't mind if you don't like Mira. I respect your decisions on who you like and who you don't like so don't worry about.

Mira, she has mostly psychic and when you battle her in platinum, her Alakazam with combo of Clam mind follow up by psychic/hyper beam make it a very powerful opponent in platinum. (I check bulbapedia for this info) and in DP, when I team up with her I was taken out she had a Espeon with Clam mind and baton pass and max out it sp attack and baton pass which I think give the stat to the next poekmon and send out Alakazam and use psychic/energy ball and won the battle.(there were two pokemon she had to fight.)

Mr JokI check on bulbapedia and it say she use Uber and alakazam in ithe platinum battle tower (why did they give Cheryl and Marley a Alakazam? it doesn't even match there style and it Mira star pokemon like Lucario is Riley star poekmon) But I don't know if it true or not.

Last edited:
Great! Another new member~!=) Anyway, I was wondering if you guys would like it if I request a banner in the fanart section to advertise our club. (We need more memberz!x.x) What do you guys think? I would put it on my sig for all people to see (although it won't be permanent). Is it alright? I was thinking of requesting one later today . It would have all the tag battle partners on it and showcase our club. Should there be anything else you guys want to request on it? Feel free to tell me so I can do it later. Once I get your approval people, I will go and request one, deal? Oh yeah, topic time.

For battle tower or in the story? Well, since their battle tower teams are sometimes random in D/P (yes, I'm refering to D/P instead of Platinum), I'm going to go for Riley. I think that because I think Lucario is pretty awesome and he matches Riley's personality and looks really well.

darklord18

/\ okay me but it should show each partner with their star pokemon.
Mira: Alakazam/Kabadra/Abra, Riley: Lucario, Cheryl: I forgot how you spell hers. Marley: Arcanime and Buck: Chaybol.
What dose everyone else think?

^ Great idea, darklord18. Cheryl's Pokemon is Chansey, right? For Mira, I think I'll go with Kadabra (like in the games). Okay! I'll go make a request if Sweet May is open right now. If not, I'll either wait or find someone else who's open right now. It's alright with you all?

Status
Not open for further replies.