• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Tale of You and Me in Glimwood Tangle! (1144)

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
So the Serena curse will live after all. *sigh* Such a shame that female characters can't have more than 3 Pokemon or battle much these days :/

Genetic_Hawk

Pikachu! KIMI NI KIME TAA
Imo This episode could have been wrapped up in 5-10 mins then the rest could b goh exploiting glimwood and ash running behind

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I definitely think Chloe will get Ponyta in the future, they don't just put a random one time pokemon in group shot merch lol.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
My Little Ponyta: Friendship ain't catching

Sweet focus episode for Chloe. They really fooled me as I thought she was going to get it, specially with an AniMedia scan showing it with Chloe but I like they just throw that curve ball. To be honest, I'm more dissapointed with Chloe not getting the Impidimp as it seemed a more fun catch than Ponyta. Specially duo they being a different cute of Ponyta.

Interesting the episode played around with the idea of whether Chloe is dreaming or not. But if you ask me, she didn't and the dream part is she remembering the adventure. Either way, I appreciate the try on making an atypical episode. Those are always fun. Also good they avoided what looked like an obvious catch. Good as it gives more room for Chloe's growing interest on Pokémon.

Good use of Opal's quiz gimmick without resorting to yet another gym match. Can't help but wonder how the anime would handle it if it was your usual gym quest thing. Probably the Impidimp would throw berries at Ash and Pikachu for getting the answers wrong? Drop dignity does more harm than stats lol

All in all a very good episode. I like it.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Oh wow I actually really liked this episode. Did anyone see the front page of serebii before watching and saw that Go caught something but Koharu didnt? I freaked out like omg Go better not have caught Koharu's ponyta... but no one did lol. But I was so ready to jump from the love Go train to the hate on Go train xD Im definitely jk because Go looked way too cute in the pink outfit... as did Ash and Aceburn, but Go is always the cutest.

Koharu gets better every time she appears, I love that they're not over-saturating us with her and giving us such good moments with her. It's always a bummer when they don't catch the pokemon, but hopefully something will happen in the future when Opal comes back in (hopefully is the key word here). Koharu and Eevee are really giving me Ash and Pikachu vibes of a different season when they would connect with wild pokemon more often and have fun, but it's refreshing with Koharu and eevee instead.

Also the anime 100% saved galarian rapidash for me, it looks so good in the anime and so dopey in the games lol.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Now I know that the opening featuring the Galar bird isnt saying anything regarding its capture.

So the Serena curse will live after all. *sigh* Such a shame that female characters can't have more than 3 Pokemon or battle much these days :/
Plus she only has "cute" Pokémon (this includes Galarian Ponyta)

Great episode for Chloe's development even if she didn't catch Ponyta. These episodes are better than the Ash and Goh ones.

RetroPokeFan

Koharu gets some nice moments but both Ash and Goh quite frankly should have been left out.

And what a waste of Opal too, one of the big Galar names and this is the best they can come up with for her?

It's an episode of two sides: the left side is utterly adorable (Koharu), the other boring and uninteresting sh*te that reminds me why I'm not liking this series (Ash and Goh).

Genetic_Hawk

Pikachu! KIMI NI KIME TAA
Koharu gets some nice moments but both Ash and Goh quite frankly should have been left out.

And what a waste of Opal too, one of the big Galar names and this is the best they can come up with for her?

It's an episode of two sides: the left side is utterly adorable (Koharu), the other boring and uninteresting sh*te that reminds me why I'm not liking this series (Ash and Goh).
What has ash done in this series so far besides doing....nothing

Zweilous

Go-ing for Gold
What has ash done in this series so far besides doing....nothing
Get a new goal, beat several notable trainers (and some losers), get a rival in Bea and possibly another in Rinto, co-star in Darkest Day, win the Flute Cup, impress Leon, catch five Pokemon and evolve one, go through a one-episode depression arc over tentacles, beat Korrina/Mega Lucario and made it to the Super Class.

Anyway, onto the episode. Excuse me using some Japanese names and some English names, I'm used to calling Chloe, Koharu.
  • The fairy tale book fell out on its own, and its pages moved on its own. I was willing to chalk that up as a fun, mysterious aspect because it's a fairy tale-related episode. (I originally headcanon'd that Gengar did all this.) But then Koharu and Eevee clearly had a vision of what would later to happen in the episode. Something is up, and I hope the follow up on it.
  • They also had her smile at Morelull at the end of the episode, and it seemed to like her. Either that was there to show her getting more interested in Pokemon/earning their trust, or maybe they're leading to something with her and Fairy types.
  • I just really love how we just get these scenes of Koharu coming to the lab and immediately stopping to pet Yamper.
  • Renji's wallpaper is of him and Francois.
  • The OST was on point this episode. I loved the ethereal feel.
  • Didn't care for the forest, though. I felt like they could have put in more mushrooms and flowers, included more variety of mushroom colors, added more pastels. More mushroom types would have been nice, too. It's better than the forest in the games, but still.
  • Wish Sobble was hear, so it could be frightened by Opal's appearance and cry.
  • Calling Koharu was a great idea. I'm glad they remembered that they have phones now.
  • The Impidimp scene was fun. I'm glad Koharu and Eevee played along and turned the tables on them, instead of just being annoyed/shocked the whole time.
  • Even better, the Impidimp actually helped out once they had their fun.

Final thought: Please let Koharu have some magical fairy power.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Well Chloe didn't catch Ponyta lol.
But she can catch it in the future, and impidimp too.

Thank goodness. Goh didn't catch Impidimp. Hope Ash gets one in a future episode
Considering TRio has Morpeko, I'd say the rest of Impidimp's line's got a much better chance of showing up whenever Marnie does.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
What a gorgeous looking episode. I can't believe that Chloe got a solo Chloe episode. I needed that. Honestly, having Opal stall Ash and Goh seems very realistic to how elderly people behave irl.

I'm surprised Chloe didn't catch Ponyta but it does feel like we haven't seen the last of them. If that is the case, they are setting up Ponyta's capture much better than freaking Suicune smh.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Yeah, this is really a Chloe focused episode and even if Ash & Goh tagged with her, they didn't get involved with the POTDs other than scare them away, but they did meet Opal.

Ponyta didn't get captured despite a spoiled image that gave us the impression that the Pokemon will go to Chloe. I find it understandable since I doubt her "mother" Rapidash would like to part ways from it, even if they like Chloe and Eevee.

Speaking of Eevee, there's a few instance where its copycat move comes pretty handy and it copies Ponyta's healing move since there's no other move from Eevee in which it can heal others like that. Still, I would like it to learn a combat move , especially when it's about dealing a threat on its own.

I like how Chloe kept her cool despite the Impidimp mischievous behaviors. At the end, they gave her the cure along the respect for understanding them.

Good Chloe episode. I like Yamper tickling Eevee and I want them to interact themselves more.