1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Tao Trio

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by RedBlastoise, Dec 28, 2019.

?

Favorite Tao Trio member?

1. Zekrom

25.0%
  2. Reshiram

62.5%
  3. Kyurem

12.5%
  1. RedBlastoise

RedBlastoise Cerulean Blues

The Tao Trio is the fan name for Zekrom, Reshiram and Kyurem, aka the Unova box mascot dragons. Which of these dragons was your favorite? Did you ever merge Zekrom/Reshiram with Kyurem in Black 2/White 2?

TwilightBlade likes this.
  2. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I've always been a big fan of Zekrom ever since it was first revealed and if I remember correctly, it was simultaneously revealed on the North American Pokemon site at the same time as it was revealed in Japan, which is interesting. I think its Dragon/Electric type combination is great, too.

RedBlastoise likes this.
  3. TwilightBlade

TwilightBlade Well-Known Member

I liked all the Unova dragons but Reshiram will forever be my top favourite because it reminds me of Falkor from The Neverending Story.

Leonhart likes this.
  4. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

Reshiram, it is majestic and elegant despite having a very simple colour scheme. I like Zekrom's cry better, though.

Leonhart likes this.
  5. TwilightBlade

TwilightBlade Well-Known Member

Zekrom's cry really is better. It sounds more like what a dragon should sound like unlike Reshiram's howling cry that reminds me of a wolf. :]

jaden767 likes this.
  6. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I'm somewhat indifferent about Reshiram, but I think that the white fur and blazing orange aura from its tail makes a nice combination of colors. But that sharp tuft of fur under its abdomen looks a little strange.

7. NeganTheSavior

NeganTheSavior Well-Known Member

Reshiram. I kept thinking they'd be introducing a light-type or something like that when I first saw its design.

TwilightBlade and RedBlastoise like this.
  8. WalesNote

WalesNote Well-Known Member

Zekrom's a sexy beastie.
    Reshiram's cry is epic.

I always like to wonder how powerful they are when compared to other legendaries. Not in terms of battling, but power. Like Lugia can create massive storms when angry, Kyogre can flood the world etc. So far, I only see the Tao as just powerful pokémon, maybe on par with Lugia/Ho-oh/Xerneas,Yveltal etc, but below the weather trio and the creation trio.

RedBlastoise and Leonhart like this.