• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Team Flare Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowF

can someone explain to me what was lysandre's ultimate goal? I was playing x and I know he wanted to reduce the human population but how can he do that with xerneas who only gives life and not destruction.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
can someone explain to me what was lysandre's ultimate goal? I was playing x and I know he wanted to reduce the human population but how can he do that with xerneas who only gives life and not destruction.

It's the exact same plot just replace Yveltal with Xerneas. He's only using the legendary to power the weapon, the Legendaries don't do anything themselves.

Banana Bloodplanet

I always thought the machines on his back were used for mega evolving Gyarados, like with the Mega Ring, because you need an object in addition to the stone and because he didn't mega evolve it until that point.

Curo

Water Trainer
I always thought the machines on his back were used for mega evolving Gyarados, like with the Mega Ring, because you need an object in addition to the stone and because he didn't mega evolve it until that point.

Yea that's what I thought. I really thought he would have mega houndoom...would have been way cooler and just make more sense.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I gotta say I'm really intrigued by Lysandre's motives and the plot in general.

So Lysandre is aware that humans and Pokémon have helped each other flourish, and that they're great partners and that Pokémon are wondrous beings but he also realizes that that will inevitably lead to Pokémon simply becoming human tools of war and theft. So he's choosing to kill all the Pokémon for the sake of a better tomorrow? What? Lysandre wants to create an ideal world, without conflict or theft, without war or fighting. So he'll kill everyone he needs to kill for the sake of this world of his. Wow.

Definitely not a childish plot.

Lysandre actually cries before saying all Pokémon will perish.

So if Lysandre is trying to create this ideal world without war & theft, why is Team Flare full of egotistical criminals who only care about themselves and how fabulous they are? It seems like Lysandre's a bit of a hypocrite since his organization is basically the very thing he's against

Plus, after reading this article, it seems like Lysandre's goals make no sense for an area like the Kalos region, which is already brimming with beauty, life, and harmony

Last edited:

diakyu

So if Lysandre is trying to create this ideal world without war & theft, why is Team Flare full of egotistical criminals who only care about themselves and how fabulous they are? It seems like Lysandre's a bit of a hypocrite since his organization is basically the very thing he's against
That's the point, he equated people with the ability to get a large amount of money with the idea that they would be well established people. Remember Lysandre considered himself a good man and he was rich, he most likely assumed others like him were the same.

And on Kalos, yeah it is a nice place, for now. And Lysandre even says this, "Kalos is beautiful right now! There will be no foolish actions if the number of people and Pokémon do not increase. That being said, the future isn't decided. You can't be sure each day will be like the one before." And remember Kalos wasn't always so peaceful (remember the war where pretty much all of Kalos got BTFO, and that wasn't the only war Kalos partook in). "But the pokemon world seems full of nice people" you might say. We have 7 main games (including BW2) where there are evil organizations meaning this is not true.

But in the end, yes, Lysandre was a nutter. But so was Cyrus, Ghetsis, Archie, Maxie, and less so Giovanni.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
That's the point, he equated people with the ability to get a large amount of money with the idea that they would be well established people. Remember Lysandre considered himself a good man and he was rich, he most likely assumed others like him were the same.

And on Kalos, yeah it is a nice place, for now. And Lysandre even says this, "Kalos is beautiful right now! There will be no foolish actions if the number of people and Pokémon do not increase. That being said, the future isn't decided. You can't be sure each day will be like the one before." And remember Kalos wasn't always so peaceful (remember the war where pretty much all of Kalos got BTFO, and that wasn't the only war Kalos partook in). "But the pokemon world seems full of nice people" you might say. We have 7 main games (including BW2) where there are evil organizations meaning this is not true.

But in the end, yes, Lysandre was a nutter. But so was Cyrus, Ghetsis, Archie, Maxie, and less so Giovanni.

You're right, all of the team bosses are nuts in a way, but Lysandre still feels like more of a fruit loop than the others

I understand the whole money thing, but what I still don't get is why couldn't any of the other Team Flare members, even the scientists, shared any of his goals or ideals? I get that they could be used as puppets like the members of Team Plasma (including N), but I just feel like Team Flare as a whole contradicted everything Lysandre stood for and, no matter how much of a nut he was, he should've at least noticed it

Carcara

I think the "using the legendary Pokemon's power" makes no sense in version X. I mean,Xerneas just gives away its energy during its lifespan then turns into a tree. What power would be left to use?

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

No, Lysandre's Mega Ring was literally a ring on his left hand. The device on his back was meant to take back Xerneas/Yveltal's energy. Though he hadn't been wearing the ring previously either.

Do you think Lysandre will return? I hope so with eternal life hum? that would be epic.

Assuming that he isn't dead.

I think the "using the legendary Pokemon's power" makes no sense in version X. I mean,Xerneas just gives away its energy during its lifespan then turns into a tree. What power would be left to use?

Presumably the power that it had been building up while resting as a tree.

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
Motive wise, I see the difference between Team Flare and Team Magma. But what about asthetic wise? they both pretty much represent fire and intellegence?

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Motive wise, I see the difference between Team Flare and Team Magma. But what about asthetic wise? they both pretty much represent fire and intellegence?

No, Magma is magma and hoods. Not really much else.

Flare is fire and style.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
The goal of team flare during the game was pretty vague (I had to really pay attention to understand what they were trying to do) so I thought that was weird. Team Flare wasn't my favorite enemy team. Honestly I felt like Team Plasma did a better job at making their intentions a little more clear and when I think about it Team Plasma actually got stuff done. I didn't get that feel with Team Flare.

Team Flare, yeah I fought lots of them in my games. They are led by Lysander, who is a friend of Professor Sycamore who wants to use the legendary life and death pokemon to destroy the world. Luckily he was stopped

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Team Flare, yeah I fought lots of them in my games. They are led by Lysander, who is a friend of Professor Sycamore who wants to use the legendary life and death pokemon to destroy the world.
And they all lived together in the house that Jack built! (sorry, I felt like I had to say it)

Any way, I felt like one way they could've had Team Flare make more sense would be if Lysandre purposely created TF to make sure that all of the criminals and corrupted people in Kalos were all together. Then, once the Ultimate Weapon was completed, he would double cross Team Flare and destroy them all to make certain that he would wipe out all evil

HolyNightmare

Monochrome Trainer
I liked Lysandre because he knew that what he was doing was wrong, yet he felt that there was no choice but to annihilate the world for the better good. That, I find interesting. He's not as near as deep as N IMO, but I still appreciate him an anti-villain. Malva's unique because she's a member of the elite four as well.

As for the rest of Team Flare, well...

I actually genuinely don't like Team Flare. :S The organisation is almost nothing like Lysandre...to me they felt incompetent, and literally the only crime organisation in the main series that wasn't interesting or creative overall. They don't do much interesting things throughout the story, and they didn't even make the ultimate weapon. (which by the way, doesn't make sense in the X version because Xerneas, who supposedly powers it, is the Life Pokemon) Their ultimate goal felt pretty similar to Team Rocket's, so nothing too new here really. Also, why did they have to be called Team Flare? We already have Magma and Plasma (plasma can be extremely hot or extremely cold), we don't need another fiery team name. I also find their battle theme DREADFUL...granted some people may like it which is perfectly fine, but for me it's quite irritating to my ears so I'd turn the volume down completely during most of the battles and play music on my iPod which I find much more fitting and epic.

The last thing I'd like to mention is the outfits. They don't look interesting at all IMO...just stupid. I'm not a fan of red blazers, sorry guys.

Last edited:

your_worst_nightmare

Pokerman Master
I didn't care too much for team flare, it was like team plasma revamped..

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
The organisation is almost nothing like Lysandre...

They weren't really supposed to be. They were shallow, high-end, pseudo-idealistic snobs, which are exactly the kind of people who would fall for Lysandre's pitch.

and they didn't even make the ultimate weapon

Well no, but what difference does that make? The idea was that Lysandre discovered the ultimate weapon (being descended from AZ's brother and all), and instead of focusing on the purpose for which it was originally created, became obsessed with its potential for fulfilling his ambitions.

(which by the way, doesn't make sense in the X version because Xerneas, who supposedly powers it, is the Life Pokemon)

What kind of energy the weapon is fed doesn't matter; it just needs the energy. The weapon itself is built to function two ways: as a resurrection machine, and as a weapon of mass destruction. Feed it the energy it needs to activate, and then use whichever function suits your needs.

Their ultimate goal felt pretty similar to Team Rocket's, so nothing too new here really.

Team Rocket were the Yakuza/mafia, not a genocidal cult of elitists.

Also, why did they have to be called Team Flare? We already have Magma and Plasma (plasma can be extremely hot or extremely cold), we don't need another fiery team name.

Because it is a pun on "flair," which they certain possess in spades, and because Magma, Plasma, and Flare all have very different connotations despite pertaining to things that involve heat.

I didn't care too much for team flare, it was like team plasma revamped..

I assume you mean Team Plasma 2 because Team Flare isn't really similar to Team Plasma 1 at all. And as for TP2, well, ehhhhhh I guess. "Use mystical Pokémon/object to cause devastation and claim the land for ourselves" and all that, although Plasma 2 was out-and-out malicious and did not try to mask their goals under noble intentions.

Tell ya what. I went up Mehnir trail to Geosenge town before I battled the last gym. Then came back down the trail and beat the gym. Next time I headed up the trail Team Flare jumped out from behind the rock to battle me. Kinda startled me a bit. I had jus been up there and battled everyone I seen. Then I team Flare grunt jumps out of hiding.

Status
Not open for further replies.