• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Team Flare Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joth

Back from the Dead
Does anybody else see Malva as Team Flare's leader in Z/XY2? I mean, during the Looker side quests

[SPOIL]She says she wants Xerosic gone. That implies that there is some friction between Admins and Scientists and such. And Xerosic gets arrested, though he seems like second in command.[/SPOIL]
And considering Malva's influence on the general populace as not only the Holocaster woman but also as an E4 member and a super sexy megababe, she could definitely gather a following plot wise. It would be sweet if not only she was the leader of Neo Team Flare, but also overthrew Diantha as Champion. It would be interesting to see an evil E4 and Champion. And Lysandre could return with an AZ-esque appearance and role in the plot, due to exposure to radiation from the Ultimate Weapon as it destroyed itself.

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Does anybody else see Malva as Team Flare's leader in Z/XY2? I mean, during the Looker side quests

[SPOIL]She says she wants Xerosic gone. That implies that there is some friction between Admins and Scientists and such. And Xerosic gets arrested, though he seems like second in command.[/SPOIL]
And considering Malva's influence on the general populace as not only the Holocaster woman but also as an E4 member and a super sexy megababe, she could definitely gather a following plot wise. It would be sweet if not only she was the leader of Neo Team Flare, but also overthrew Diantha as Champion. It would be interesting to see an evil E4 and Champion. And Lysandre could return with an AZ-esque appearance and role in the plot, due to exposure to radiation from the Ultimate Weapon as it destroyed itself.

Yeah, I'd really like to see this. Malva is a much more interesting villain than Lysandre IMO, and it was a waste of potential for her to mainly stay on the sidelines until the Looker Bureau quest, there's a lot of interesting things they can do with her in the plot. I think it would need to be XY2 to take advantage of it, though.

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down

I would go with it.I love Malva as a character,plus she's basically the only one who threatens you.Maybe in Z/XY2 you might have to battle her to stop her from trying to kill you with her Pokemon.Seems completely far-fetched,but it's possible.

I'm not really seeing Malva as the leader of Team Flare anytime soon. We know that she was working with Looker during the sidequest, but it was not only because she disliked Xerosic. She also mentions that Looker has to keep his part of the deal. Which leads me to think that she was granted some sort of immunity.
However if she was to take over the role as the Team Flare Boss in XY2(can't really see something that drastic in Z) such an immunity would be redundant, and would make her whole involvement in the Looker sidequest redundant as well.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
After some thinking, Lysandre is my favorite villain. Yeah, he's inspired by Cyrus but like Deoxys to Mewtwo takes it to a whole new height. Here's why:
* He has a point. Overpopulation and lack of resources is in fact a problem in the real world
* He's very convicted. Lysandre honestly believes he's serving the greater good. Granted half of the main series villains do, but you can see he's a good man who wants to avoid his role, but must
* We get to see him cause some damage, proving he's a threat
* He's cool
* He's actually insane. Not insane like the Joker where he knows what he's doing is wrong. Not insane like Cyrus where only his goal was insane and he took a rational approach. No, genuinely medically insane. Not only does he believe in his genocidal approach, but is sad at what he thinks is necessary. The fact it's based off something which has a point only amps up the admiration and fear factor

Note: Lysandre is probably the only character in Pokemon besides Marowak to have died-I highly doubt the massive caved in hole is survivable. Unless this is X where he may have gotten immortality, meaning he's suffering a fate worse than death

Mr.FusRoDah

After some thinking, Lysandre is my favorite villain. Yeah, he's inspired by Cyrus but like Deoxys to Mewtwo takes it to a whole new height. Here's why:
* He has a point. Overpopulation and lack of resources is in fact a problem in the real world
* He's very convicted. Lysandre honestly believes he's serving the greater good. Granted half of the main series villains do, but you can see he's a good man who wants to avoid his role, but must
* He's cool
* He's actually insane. Not insane like the Joker where he knows what he's doing is wrong. Not insane like Cyrus where only his goal was insane and he took a rational approach. No, genuinely medically insane. Not only does he believe in his genocidal approach, but is sad at what he thinks is necessary. The fact it's based off something which has a point only amps up the admiration and fear factor

Note: Lysandre is probably the only character in Pokemon besides Marowak to have died-I highly doubt the massive caved in hole is survivable. Unless this is X where he may have gotten immortality, meaning he's suffering a fate worse than death

He is indeed a rather intelligent villain. I don't think he's insane as opposed to someone who deluded themselves into believing killing off billions of humans and even more Pokémon is for the greater good. Insanity implies mental illness, as opposed to the possibility he was mislead by a mentally ill, if not insidious mentor. Yes, what he bellows out is crazy, although like you said, resources are limited in this world. It makes you wonder who his mentor is. Cyrus, on the other hand, is an extreme sociopath. He only cares for himself and revers himself to the point he revers himself as above all humans and thus is the only one worth living in a new world where he is supreme. Cyrus was a threat to all others as a result. Sure, Lysandre wanted to restart Earth with his team and most likely next to no Pokémon due to his team's ownership of such (Unless he wanted to kill the few servants who served without question), but compared to Cyrus' idea of an ideal world, even Lysandre would be a great idea. I can only hope Cyrus rots in the Distortion world, unless he is to appear in a sequel to Platinum. Nevertheless. I like Lysandre. Easily the most relatable villain ever, and at the same time, one who HAD to be stopped. Especially in Y. In X, his fate of eternal life as a crippled man on the bottom of that crater is one worse than death, yet one must wonder of his return.

Last edited:

Vivian

Well, I have to say i liked team flare a lot. I cant get why so many people are saying theyre just ridiculous people with no goals at all. Yeah, all grunts of all teams are stupid. But they clearly have a goal of killing most of the population because of limited resources and because they make the world ugly. Its somewhat based in NAZI and Neo NAZI guys. NAZI people wanted weak people to die or become slaves. It included jew, black people, disabled people. Some Neo Nazis believe ( yeah, they exist today) that weak people are the poor people. To join team flare , people must pay a lot of money, so that , only rich people are saved. Some years ago, many homeless people were killed just because they were homeless. Many people thought that they should be killed because they made the streets ugly. Yes, im telling the truth. They thought they were inferior people because they didnt have money. And, no, the pokemon world is not only rainbows. Im surprised people are saying its a perfect world when you have a homeless girl like emma. That girl wouldnt survive if team flare won, she wouldnt be able to join team flare because she had no money. Also, Malthus also tried to figure out how to help people against hunger at first, but then started to defend rich people should do nothing to help hungry people, because it would only allow these peoples kids to survive to have more kids. So that, we should let poor people die , by helping them, we rich people would make the problem bigger. Maybe lysandre is Malthus+ hitller.
As for team flare attacking random things that had nothing to do with their goal, thats not true. They were researching stone formation, i think because the pokemons that had their energy drained by the ultimate weapon were turned into stones, and they wanted to drain pokemon energy .

Raxacoricofallapatorius

Exalted Meme Junkie
* He's cool

He's definitely up there for me. Undoubtedly, he is very well-written as a villain.

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
I mostly agree with all that's been recently stated. Lysandre was a great villain in my opinion, although not my absolute favorite. Honestly, I did like the plot of BW more (with the whole N story and all), but Team Flare is definitely pretty cool. They are somewhat similar to other teams, but they also do things differently. Admins, who were high-ups in other teams (Aqua, Magma, Galactic, etc.), were lower than the Scientists, who were the new "Admins." I like that, thought it was original. Lysandre was also a very cool leader/villain. I think it would be interesting to explore him more in Pokemon Z or XY2, whatever they decide to do. As it's been noted, maybe make him immortal as AZ is due to the ultimate weapon.

Honestly, my only criticisms of Team Flare are minor and relatively insignificant. The first is the spelling. Yes, it's a play on words with the word "flair," which makes sense given their whole fashion thing (both in the grunts and the Cyclops/Daft Punk outfits of the Scientists). However, having them actually be "Team Flair" and make the pun go the other way I think would have been better. Only about have of them actually use fire-types, so it would have made more sense. Especially considering Lysandre's "head Pokemon" was Mega Gyarados, a water type. If not the name change, perhaps a different, fire type mega would have been better. Mega Houndoom? One of the Mega Charizards? Again, it's minor, and probably just my OCD senses tingling, but still.

I think Lysandre was a decent villain, though certainly not my favorite. He might have been better than Mr. 3D Glasses from Gen5 but I liked Cyrus and Archie/Maxie better.
If you look close enough, you can start to see some similarities between Cyrus and Lysandre: they both strive to make a new world, though Lysandre's motives might have been more noble. Cyrus wanted the new world for his own gain, and it was all about him, whereas Lysandre knew and accepted what the repercussions of using the ultimate weapon would be. The part where I really sympathised with him was the scene where he cried. His ideals make for a pretty interesting concept, and he wants a new world because humans have ruined this one (Light Yagami, anyone?) But I don't think he really plays the role of a hardcore villain, but more of an antihero-turning-villain. Cyrus, on the other hand, portrays an arrogant and entitled villain. Of course, one size doesn't fit all and Lysandre is a great villainous character in all respects, however in my opinion villains like Cyrus and Giovanni are just more likeable

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I found Lysandre an interesting person in the game. At first, he was pretending to help the player and Professor Sycamore with an interest in Mega Evolution but eventually grew bitter and tried to destroy the world. I often see villainous leaders in Pokemon games are often hypocritical but Lysandre pushes it to an extent that it causes mass destruction of life.

Kairyudraco

Teamrocketsmeowth
I liked lysandre ;3;

I know malva is a team flare member, but was she in any part of the storylime besides the elite four? Yes, i said lime instead of line. What was the point of her even saying anything about it?

Andwhyisshetheeasiesttodefeat?

Poke Maniac Eddie

Embrace Eternity.
I'm still waiting for Team Flare to appear in the freaking anime already.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I know malva is a team flare member, but was she in any part of the storylime besides the elite four?

Aside from the Looker stuff, I don't think so, which is why I never really cared about her past. Her being an ex-Team Flare member seemed almost trivial in my opinion.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
For me, I feel that Malva didn't play a role as large as Lysandre. She's just an Elite Four member and is a bit involved with the Looker stuff but I've never seen her do a bigger role than Lysandre such as having control of the ultimate weapon.

Aside from the Looker stuff, I don't think so, which is why I never really cared about her past. Her being an ex-Team Flare member seemed almost trivial in my opinion.

But I do see Malva on the Holo Caster.

CyberD888

Travelling Trader
I honestly don't see the point of making Malva, a member of Team Flare aside from making her less forgettable. (I find Elite Four members to be forgettable) Unless they have future plans for her that is...

Status
Not open for further replies.