• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Team Flare Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nockturne

Team Rocket is the only one that looked remotely normal. But Flare's goal of just seeking money must have something deeper behind it, it's just too simple

I dunno, Team Aqua kinda just looked like sailors to me. And I like the look of Team Flare, it suits them because of the second meaning of the word flare. They look a lot better than original Team Plasma in my opinion anyway

PKMN KING

Ozymandias
The girls and boys are much alike. The differences are that the boys don't have boobs and they got one hair dot less...

Lady Anya

The girls and boys are much alike. The differences are that the boys don't have boobs and they got one hair dot less...

Pshh, the female's boobs are small enough that she could pass as the male.

Anyway, I think this is the only team that has honestly looked badass. I hope the grunts aren't total morons like the past teams.

AceOfSpadez

I Am The Law
Pshh, the female's boobs are small enough that she could pass as the male.

Anyway, I think this is the only team that has honestly looked badass. I hope the grunts aren't total morons like the past teams.

From their objective, it looks like we are facing the Rockets all over again. Except with a better fashion style.

Lady Anya

From their objective, it looks like we are facing the Rockets all over again. Except with a better fashion style.

It's not so much about the objective as it is the actual characters and dialogue. All of the grunts of previous teams came across as incompetent goons that couldn't even rob a lemonade stand. I hope the Flare grunts aren't like that.

AceOfSpadez

I Am The Law
It's not so much about the objective as it is the actual characters and dialogue. All of the grunts of previous teams came across as incompetent goons that couldn't even rob a lemonade stand. I hope the Flare grunts aren't like that.

Me too. Honestly, every grunt is retarded. I had my hopes high for Neo Team Plasma being more serious because of the outfits, but no, they were still morons. Although, something about Team Flare's shades seem to make them "formidable."

JW1004

Me too. Honestly, every grunt is retarded. I had my hopes high for Neo Team Plasma being more serious because of the outfits, but no, they were still morons. Although, something about Team Flare's shades seem to make them "formidable."

yeah I also hope they are better than the grunts of the past gen and make them a little smarter

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
Maybe dumb at the first few encounters, but more serious in the middle and last parts would do better. unless there is the difficulty mode from BW2

AceOfSpadez

I Am The Law
Maybe dumb at the first few encounters, but more serious in the middle and last parts would do better. unless there is the difficulty mode from BW2

Difficulty mode only has to do with battling.

But I really want the grunts to be smarter and not just the commanders.

AceOfSpadez

I Am The Law
Ofc it only has to do with battle, what else? would they make rocks harder to break? pokemon is a RPG not a platformer.

The guy was saying that difficulty mode had something to do with making the grunts more serious in character, which makes no sense whatsoever.

Well the grunts can't actually be too good if you are supposed to start beating them around the 1st~2nd gym. You don't simply have respect for people that you easily beat right from the start. It is another thing with gym leaders early in the game, because they can still be hard to beat, you can't make the grunts too good if you are going to beat a lot of them. So the more grunts we meet the less competent they would be.
This can however be fixed by having fewer,m stronger grunts instead of many weak ones.

Also I really like their designs. I could actually see someone walking around with the clothes in real life(I can't imagine someone walking around in Galactic or original Plasma clothing). Like the colorful people you see in public who look ridiculous, but think themselves look stylish.
My only probelm with the designs are the girl's hair. I would have preffered if she had a single flame ponytail at the back instead of flame pigtails. Mainly because I can't stand pigtails.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
The guy was saying that difficulty mode had something to do with making the grunts more serious in character, which makes no sense whatsoever.

I think he means getting progressively stronger by that, not dumb/serious as in character, that makes no sense atleast.

Ditto24

Tbf if the Grunts are this fabulous...I can't wait to see the admins and Leader xD

AceOfSpadez

I Am The Law
Tbf if the Grunts are this fabulous...I can't wait to see the admins and Leader xD

Then if the grunts are this cool, then the admins will look so awesome. :cool:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
For some reason, I feel like Team Flare is going to be the super organization for X & Y like Silph Co., the Devon Corporation, the Pokétch Company, & the Battle Company

AceOfSpadez

I Am The Law
For some reason, I feel like Team Flare is going to be the super organization for X & Y like Silph Co., the Devon Corporation, the Pokétch Company, & the Battle Company

Maybe a certain corporation can be its front, so the public wont know that Team Flare is behind all the crime.

Lady Anya

I also hope that the admins have their own sort of story or subplots. While it wasn't a big thing, I loved how Barry (or, the Rival) and Mars(?) had their own sort of interaction/rivalry thing going on. I would love if the Team Flare admins expanded on this and actually get their own personal roles, or whatever.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I also hope that the admins have their own sort of story or subplots. While it wasn't a big thing, I loved how Barry (or, the Rival) and Mars(?) had their own sort of interaction/rivalry thing going on. I would love if the Team Flare admins expanded on this and actually get their own personal roles, or whatever.

Jupiter.

Anyway, I certainly hope so, if they have Admins/Commanders/Executives of course.

Charon's subplot Heatran thing was okay, although his money-solely reasoning was a little pathetic.

... Wait, Heatran is a Fire/Steel type, Team Flare's clothing and name suggests Fire Types, and business is stereotyped to be about buildings or metal objects, in other words, Steel.

So Charon pulls a Sird and as a Team Flare Admin/Commander/Executive/Boss/whatever All along and Team Flare is after Heatran?

:p

As of now, Galactic had the best Commanders/Admins/Executives/Whatevers, as we don't know Team Flare's yet.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
Just saw the first trailer they appeared in. Sounds promising, a team focusing on gaining money that also might focus on mainly using Fire Pokémon. I wonder who the leader will be and what plots they come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.