• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Team Flare Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ditto24

I hope they're better Fire experts than Team Magma xD I love Magma/Aqua but they all they used were the Carvanha line and Numel line..... with Poochyena and Zubat thrown in xD That was really exciting xD So hopefully they'll pack some good ones with a lot of variety. Plasma got it right in BW2.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Ditto24, one Magma Grunt had a Snorunt, too.

But yeah, after spamming Numel/Zubat/Poochyena so many times I got sick of it.
B2W2 Plasma. Now that, was some good diversity.

Also, because I like my theory thing:

Charon's subplot Heatran thing was okay, although his money-solely reasoning was a little pathetic.

... Wait, Heatran is a Fire/Steel type, Team Flare's clothing and name suggests Fire Types, and business is stereotyped to be about buildings or metal objects, in other words, Steel.

So Charon pulls a Sird and as a Team Flare Admin/Commander/Executive/Boss/whatever All along and Team Flare is after Heatran?

Colton S

Beware Bewear
Remember the room with the fire shooting out of the floor? Maybe that is the headquarters.

Colton S

Beware Bewear
yeah it could be very well related to team Flare
People said that it was probably an E4 room, I do think that Team Flare will be rich enough to have a flashy headquarters. Maybe they use money to manipulate people into doing what they want.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
People said that it was probably an E4 room, I do think that Team Flare will be rich enough to have a flashy headquarters. Maybe they use money to manipulate people into doing what they want.

Possibly, it still seems an E4 room to me, unless the Team HQ's are getting flashy.

... Which would be a little bizarre that it's so open (of course, not as open as Team Galactic spreading ads of themselves through the Jubilife TV Station).

Anyway though, I am really wondering how Team Flare will go down the road.

Maybe it'll be full of clueless/heroic Grunts like in Gen Sinnoh/Hoenn?

Ditto24

Ditto24, one Magma Grunt had a Snorunt, too.

Really?!?!? o_O Was that in Ruby, coz I only encountered them in Emerald and I don't remember that

Remember the room with the fire shooting out of the floor? Maybe that is the headquarters.

I thought this too!!! I thought E4 but I can't see a trainer in that room, unless it's kinda like the corridors that linked them together like RSE and DP. But I think it could be a HQ. I'm also positive that we'll have a show down with them in the desert in the lave reactor things :)

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
To be honest, I prefer Team Magma's outfits, though that doest take away that Team Flare's are awesome aswell. The best Team outfits are/were Team Cipher's of course, but yeah...

Colton S

Beware Bewear
It would be awesome to have a showdown with the team leader with the fire pillars in the background! I hope you get to go undercover and infiltrate the base!

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Really?!?!? o_O Was that in Ruby, coz I only encountered them in Emerald and I don't remember that!

Yeah, in Ruby. One Grunt (who I think is the same one) also had three Wailmer in Lilycove, right outside their Secret Base.

Anyway, enough Hoenn talk or maybe it seems like...

*Gasp* RSE Remakes! O.O

Ditto24

Yeah, in Ruby. One Grunt (who I think is the same one) also had three Wailmer in Lilycove, right outside their Secret Base.

Anyway, enough Hoenn talk or maybe it seems like...

*Gasp* RSE Remakes! O.O

That explains why I don't remember xD But a Snorunt....wtf??!?!

And don't tease me with RSE remakes!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm also intrigued as to whether this meet up with Team Flare is are actual first encounter with them. Coz normally we see them fairly early, but I can't see any caves on the way from Vaniville to Lumiouse so I really don't know... :S GF!! Stop being so cryptic :(

catzeye

Writer's Block
I also hope that the admins have their own sort of story or subplots. While it wasn't a big thing, I loved how Barry (or, the Rival) and Mars(?) had their own sort of interaction/rivalry thing going on. I would love if the Team Flare admins expanded on this and actually get their own personal roles, or whatever.

That sounds cool! To add on to your idea, what if there are 4 admins and of course the Team Leader. Each of the Admins develops a rivalry with Tierno, Shauna, Trevor and Serena/Calem while you take on the Boss. I think that would be a great way to involve the entire Kalos 5 in the Team Flare/Swag's plan.

Colton S

Beware Bewear
Team Flare's little symbol is the male grunt's hair thing turned upside down. It just looks like a flame.

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
That explains why I don't remember xD But a Snorunt....wtf??!?!

And don't tease me with RSE remakes!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm also intrigued as to whether this meet up with Team Flare is are actual first encounter with them. Coz normally we see them fairly early, but I can't see any caves on the way from Vaniville to Lumiouse so I really don't know... :S GF!! Stop being so cryptic :(

It seems early-ish, as he only uses two Pokemon, one being Houndour, so he's probably in the point of the game where we're between Level 10-20-ish.

Perhaps we go to those Mines a lot earlier then we thought?

EonDragonFTW

Team Flare's little symbol is the male grunt's hair thing turned upside down. It just looks like a flame.

I think that the symbol shoiuld be like the symbols of all other villainous teams, with the first letter being fancily emblazoned. Where's the F?
Is it really just a flame? THATS BORING

Ditto24

It seems early-ish, as he only uses two Pokemon, one being Houndour, so he's probably in the point of the game where we're between Level 10-20-ish.

Perhaps we go to those Mines a lot earlier then we thought?

I believe its early just coz most of the footage seems to be early stuff. Grunts normally have 1-3 pokemon through out the game so still unclear, but 10-20 sounds about right coz Houndour evolves at lv24 (thats probs wrong). But yeah, I still don't see any caves on the way to Lumiouse though :(

@ EonDragonFTW The logo is an F. Or is that what you don't like about it?

MidnightFennekin

Unwashed skank
I meant Snagem.

I will explode with laughter when we get GRAMPSFAPS. It must happen one day!

Me too. These Flares have Flair.

I bet on them using Poison, Dark and Fire-Types.

Poisons and Flinches and Burns, Oh my!

Status
Not open for further replies.