• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Team Flare Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
Maybe, since their ultimate goal is to make money, could they perhaps try to capture and sell Xerneas and Yveltal? Something like, Xerneas is captured, which knocks off the balance of Life/Destruction, so Yveltal goes on a rampage. So not only do you have to rescue the captured Fairy deer, but you have to watch your back for an angered Yveltal!

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Gonna repost this here:

Life, Destruction, Money. How would these three connect?
Here's my take on Team Swag/Flare/Flair's business.

The thing that I think would best connect all three is nature.

They are probably disguised as a huge business firm that earns money from all sorts of industries (probably fashion, technology, etc...), abusing all the natural resources for their own good disregarding the miserable effects it had on nature, such as deforestation, erosion, chemical contamination, pollution, and loss of biodiversity. Because of this, one of the legendaries would probably go on an outrage, while the other seeks your help to stop the evil team (but tests you first as always), as well as end the other legend's rampage.

This team might not be seeking out the legendary, much like how Rocket was. All they just care about is profit.

MrDuck

Gonna repost this here:

They are probably disguised as a huge business firm that earns money from all sorts of industries (probably fashion, technology, etc...), abusing all the natural resources for their own good disregarding the miserable effects it had on nature, such as deforestation, erosion, chemical contamination, pollution, and loss of biodiversity. Because of this, one of the legendaries would probably go on an outrage, while the other seeks your help to stop the evil team (but tests you first as always), as well as end the other legend's rampage.

This team might not be seeking out the legendary, much like how Rocket was. All they just care about is profit.

That's a good prediction. I'd like that. They sure look like they come from a (corrupt) fashion company :p.

Hudsonn98

Maybe, since their ultimate goal is to make money, could they perhaps try to capture and sell Xerneas and Yveltal? Something like, Xerneas is captured, which knocks off the balance of Life/Destruction, so Yveltal goes on a rampage. So not only do you have to rescue the captured Fairy deer, but you have to watch your back for an angered Yveltal!

I guess I could see that working. But it doesn't really make sense for Yveltal to be captured since what is Xerneas going to do? I mean maybe all the plants will grow more than they should but really?

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
As people have thought before, I'm thinking that Alexa works for the Team's Boss (But maybe not consciously knowing it) and somehow get's tied into the plot. That or she's an Admin for the Team. If the team is in fact a large corporation across the region, I see no reason to assume some of the employees are in fact members.

Regality

Digital King
..Is anyone kinda disappointed about the team goal?
I mean we just had the liberation of pokemon, and now making money seems like a bit of a step down.
Wasn't making money a Team Rocket thing as well? (slowpoke tails and all that)

If they can make it into a deep storyline, then okay, but I do not see it happening.. hopefully I will be surprised.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I mean we just had the liberation of pokemon, and now making money seems like a bit of a step down.

If they can make it into a deep storyline, then okay, but I do not see it happening.. hopefully I will be surprised.

Its probably not just that, but well I'm fine with them not wanting to take over the world like everyone else.

If they are just robber and are using pokemon the wrong way I'm kinda fine but like I said, it will expand its not just that.

Everlasting

Everything stays.

Or it's a "cover goal", like Team Plasma. I don't think it will stop there, don't worry.

Ditto24

If they want money, I'm pretty sure threatening to destroy Kalos with a legendary might be a good enough reason for people to pay up millions of poke $.

But I'm wondering if they're gonna be more subtle than that?? Judging my their uniforms, I'm going with NO.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

GF is surely aware that people will be thinking that it's Rocket all over again. So surely there's gonna be more to it than just that.

They could be smarter than Team Rocket and have grander schemes up their sleeves.
I actually think that they have far more extreme methods of gaining profit than just stealing and black market negotiations.

I would love it if Team Flare didn't have the intention of waking up Xerneas/Yveltal or whatever - I'd rather it be a consequence of their doings, so basically happening by accident without the villanous team even knowing about it. We've had plenty of those kinds of teams whose sole and only purpose is to awaken the legendary Pokémon to "rule the world". I liked Wulava's prediction of Team Flare kind of "disrupting" the balance of nature, thus affecting Xerneas/Yveltal, but not intentionally - they just want the money without thinking about consequences.

PKMN KING

Ozymandias
Maybe they are circus people, they abuse the pokémon behind the curtains?
The ultimate goal is to capture Xerneus or Yveltal, to showcase them like KING KONG aka 8th wonder of the world...
In the end X/Y brakes loose in lumiose City and you have to defeat/capture it.

Yeah, king kong!

Imagine a giant bird cage in lumiose a top of the eiffel tower. or a parc cage in the catacombs in lumiose...

Or an opera building with pokémon in chains

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I would love it if Team Flare didn't have the intention of waking up Xerneas/Yveltal or whatever - I'd rather it be a consequence of their doings, so basically happening by accident without the villanous team even knowing about it. We've had plenty of those kinds of teams whose sole and only purpose is to awaken the legendary Pokémon to "rule the world". I liked Wulava's prediction of Team Flare kind of "disrupting" the balance of nature, thus affecting Xerneas/Yveltal, but not intentionally - they just want the money without thinking about consequences.

I would like that too, if Team Flare aren't aiming for the mascot legends. I would not mind another situation like they did with HGSS concerning Lugia, Ho-oh, and Suicune and have some kind of special event where your character fights the legendary because you are worthy or whatever. Evil teams trying to control the mascot legends is nice but we've had it like three gens straight and I would like something new for gen 6.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
since their fashion look so eccentric
i can see team flair big boss is women or feminine guy XD

MikeHill005

Resistance Member
I don't like their designs that much. If their suits were black or gray, then they might have looked like a professional, sinister group, but the orange suits just sorta make them look derpy. Kinda kills my hope for a more mature story.

On the other hand, the Professor's design is great. He looks a bit like Okabe from Steins;Gate, doesn't he?

Mericles

Well, my verdict is that they aren't really in it "just for the money". I think CoroCoro is just teasing about it and we all got the implication of it wrong.

The article depicts Team Flare/Flair members as "suspicious individuals in fashionable red suit", which, from their outward appearances, seem to represent the stereotypical organization whose main goal is to make money (such as Team Rocket).

The problem is that the last sentence, "彼らはお金儲けが目的なのか・・・!?", literally means "Is their goal to make money...!?", which is very likely just a question to tease the readers. This strongly implies that there are some other grand schemes beneath their outward appearances, not just money-making.

iRyahn

I think this team's beliefs will be opposites of N's in the sense that they will not care about Pokemon and their environments at all. The plant reflects this very well. I suspect that area was once very green and 'lush' until Team Flare built that plant and ruined the environment to make money. Very reflective of greedy business companies in the real world. I do like Munchys idea of the Legendarys coming out as a response to the team disrupting a balance. Could very easily see Xerneas making a scene at that plant.

Last edited:

gpt11

it would be nice if this was post game after you beat Team Flare

Razmos

I have this sponge..
Gonna repost this here:

I was thinking the same thing, judging from the world map of Kalos revealed and the focus on nature in this generation it seems obvious there would be a "deforestation" or "natural resources" link here.

It makes sense if Team Flair is negatively affecting nature with their money making schemes and it's throwing the balance of the Kalos region out of whack. Xerneas and Yvetal obviously have a cycle of life theme about renewal and destruction.

Certainly beats all the people speculating that their goals are a "cover" and that they want to steal the legendary. Why would we want that same plot again? it's boring.

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
Personally from what we've seen of the team's grunts, I feel like that they're going to have a huge facade in Kalos, most likely as a huge corporation, due to the fact the grunt's looks like they're wearing business suits. Sure, the bright orange colors might make it look tacky, but if the boss is giving his grunts business suits, then I have a feeling that we're going to get a very formal villainous team leader, and I'm going to actually find it ironic if it's any of the main party's (Calem, Serena, Shauna, Trevor, and Teirno) father/mother.

Like I said this morning, I'm thinking that they're going to use the legendaries to cause an apocalypse and present themselves as the saviors of Kalos, the rebuild the region in their liking and get most of the money made in that reason. Though that's just one of the possible plot twists that could happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.