• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Team Flare Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I'd imagine it has to do with not spoiling the majority of the game before release, despite that being what people want and deserve.

Weird, right?

SilverSoul94

Mediocre Writer
I think Team Flare's plot is pretty exciting, insofar as how much they could do with it. Maybe in Pokemon X, their actions infuriate Xerneas into a rage while in Y, they excite Yyveltal into wreaking chaos on the population.

MrDuck

After a long fight with Flare Grunts in their base, which is a castle, we reach the final room where their boss is hiding. You're getting nervous, just who is this madman that runs Team Flare?

You bust open the door... you're shocked by what you're seeing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

(seriously, it's him)

Iron_Evan

Inexperienced Poster
After a long fight with Flare Grunts in their base, which is a castle, we reach the final room where their boss is hiding. You're getting nervous, just who is this madman that runs Team Flare?

You bust open the door... you're shocked by what you're seeing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

(seriously, it's him)

Well played, MrDuck, well played.

I'm kinda hoping Professor Sycamore is the leader of Team Flare. Just look at his shifty eyes... He's not to be trusted...

Luthor

I think the mascots are more about harmony, if Xerneas was on rampage I'm guessing things just wouldn't die which could be seen as bad?

Well things never dying would be a bad thing or they could have it that things grow too much. But until we know more details about Xerneas and Yvetal it's hard to be sure if team flare have anything to do with them. I mean TR didn't really have that much to do with Lugia and Ho-oh

Iron_Evan

Inexperienced Poster
That would be a nice twist but I'm hoping we'd see a female leader finally.

That would explain the great sense of style. Maybe it's Alexa? It could be anyone, so keep your Potions close and your Pokemon closer...

Honestly, my main concerns are their Pokemon and their involvement in the story. One of the things I liked about 5th Gen was Team Plasma, they were really involved and their Pokemon had variety to them. I get they need a Fire type, but more than just Fire type, and the regional rodent.

With the first 4 generations, their teams were a little bit on the predictable side. Team Rocket? Probably has a Poison type and a Rattata. Team Galactic was a bit better about their teams, but they still felt a tad stale.

As for involvement, Team Aqua/Magma and Team Rocket (in Johto) did what I wanted, to an extent. They showed up early, their goal was (kinda) clear, and they were interesting to encounter.

The major things I want is making Flare show up very soon after the beginning of the game, probably after the first Route, even. Give a clear goal, just to misdirect us. Make every major battle (Admins are always fun) feel different from the last, and don't give a clear indication of who the true enemy is (like how N was a pawn). Lastly, give some post-game stuff for us to do. Gen 5 did alright with that, but give me a chance to face off the top brass again.

Wait, this is speculation. Not "What I Want Team Flare To Be Like"... Dang...

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
All Team Magma/Aqua ever had we're Zubats, Poochyenas and Numels/Carvanhas with the odd Camerupt/Sharpedo thrown in there. I thought they were pretty predictable. flare need to use a variety.

eliterodriguez

I agree; it seems a bit off to just want to make money. Why would they be the evil team just for wanting to make money?
Really interested in how they'll tie in with the plot and Yveltal/Xerneas.

Team Rocket didn't have a motive except money and extortion. They did make a legendary, maybe Team Flare wants to collect money so they could destroy the world, through the earth's core. I don't know just a thought since their related to Fire, that could tie in with Yveltal and in X you have to get Xerneas to stop them and in Y you have to get Yveltal before they do. Money can't be their only motive.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

thetamale

I think the mascots are more about harmony, if Xerneas was on rampage I'm guessing things just wouldn't die which could be seen as bad?

Yeah ending death is bad - Miracle Day showed us this, also the Angel of Death in Charmed. Probably too heavy an issue for Pokemon though.

draco star 98

DESTROY EVERYONE
maybe.....just maybe team flare are the good guys trying to stop yveltal and xerneus from destroying the region. they steal other trainers pokemon so they can use them against the legends. is this a dumb idea yes do i care...... a little.

maybe.....just maybe team flare are the good guys trying to stop yveltal and xerneus from destroying the region. they steal other trainers pokemon so they can use them against the legends. is this a dumb idea yes do i care...... a little.

That would actually be kind of a neat idea. Team Flare at first seems like a greedy corporation that needs to be stopped, but it turns out that they are really just pressed for time and had to go to desperate measures to stop a disaster. In that vein, the player character would kind of be the villain.

Firebrand

Indomitable
Since Team Flare has their goal to just make money, I could plausibly see them as simply doing that, and not having any machinations involving a legend. It's only when they overstep their bounds that Xerneas or Yvetal gets ****ed off, and the legendary confrontation is them removing a potential obstacle from their path, and the player has to step in to make sure that the legendary is calmed down and no longer getting in Flare's way to their mutually assured destruction.

Iron_Evan

Inexperienced Poster
That would actually be kind of a neat idea. Team Flare at first seems like a greedy corporation that needs to be stopped, but it turns out that they are really just pressed for time and had to go to desperate measures to stop a disaster. In that vein, the player character would kind of be the villain.

They don't have time to think a plan through, or warn the world, or come up with measures that don't require breaking the law... But when it comes to style? THEY MAKE TIME.

But that is a really cool idea. If I found out at the end of Diamond that Galactic was just trying to cure polio and I destroyed their entire setup, I would've spent three days questioning my every move...

eliterodriguez

In the anime.

But even though in the game it wasn't shown it was hinted at, take a look at Cinnabar's Pokemon Mansion. I don't know if it was hinted that Team Rocket funded the expedition. All I know it was a group of scientists. Money can't be their only goal. Maybe the rumor was proved fake but wasn't there something about the team in x and y using time travel. Maybe their funding that, it could explain the backwards compatibility function.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
But even though in the game it wasn't shown it was hinted at, take a look at Cinnabar's Pokemon Mansion. I don't know if it was hinted that Team Rocket funded the expedition. All I know it was a group of scientists.

In the games, there was no suggestion of Team Rocket having any involvement in the creation of Mewtwo. It was merely the work of scientists, as you said.

Maybe the rumor was proved fake but wasn't there something about the team in x and y using time travel. Maybe their funding that, it could explain the backwards compatibility function.

The time travel thing came from a 4chan rumor which also said that the team's name would be Team Gear and that they would wear outfits with a clock motif. It was confirmed to be fake a long while back.

pokemonranger7098

Eevee Master
Since Team Flare has their goal to just make money, I could plausibly see them as simply doing that, and not having any machinations involving a legend. It's only when they overstep their bounds that Xerneas or Yvetal gets ****ed off, and the legendary confrontation is them removing a potential obstacle from their path, and the player has to step in to make sure that the legendary is calmed down and no longer getting in Flare's way to their mutually assured destruction.

That sounds like a great idea, actually. I have my own ideas of what exactly happens in each game now because reasons.

So... In X, "overstepping their bounds" would be something like tapping the Great Tree in the Sacred Forest (making up names as I go) for its sap with great healing powers. (Put it in makeup or sell it by the vial, I guess.) However, doing so causes the forest to begin to die, and also causes Xerneas to become ill/enraged. You must then find/catch it, return to the forest, and stop team flare while healing the tree.

In Y, their goal would still be making money through tapping the power of nature. However, taking a different method than in X, they could be mining the mountain to reach Yveltal's cavern (the heart of the mountain), where they would cause an explosion, devastating nearby areas to where they would have to be rebuilt completely. (If you havent thought about it, Team Flare probably owns most of the companies in Kalos. Including construction companies.) However, their mining makes Yveltal ill/enraged, and it must be captured so you can use it to contain the mountain's energy, ruining Flare's plan.

I don't know about you, but now I want this to actually happen.

Last edited:

eliterodriguez

Could maybe the titles of the games have something to do with the conflict. I don't know X and Y could be about chromosomes and maybe their researching that because DNA is basis of life like Xerneas. but that wouldn't explain Yvetal since he's destruction (death). Or Space coordinates xyz plane (that's if there even is a pokemon Z.)

Status
Not open for further replies.