1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Teams to End All Teams: A Collaborative RMT by MMS and Saph~

Discussion in '6th Gen RMT' started by Snorby, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Snorby

Snorby Snorby

We, MMS and Saph~, present to our fellow members of the Serebii.net Forums the greatest creation in the history of mankind!

The Backstory

General Backstory:

On that fateful day of July 28th, 2014, at 1:01 PM US Central time, McDanger posted what would be the start of the greatest thing ever to grace planet Earth. Minutes later, we discovered it: The teambuilding competition's newest challenge: Build a team around Volcarona. Seeing infinite potential for greatness, we knew what we had to do: Take this god-given opportunity and run with it. Thus, we went our separate ways to create our idea of the team to end all teams.

MMS's Backstory:

I became a recluse for the next 7.5 minutes and tirelessly spent all my time on this creation. Though I was forced to give up sleep, eating, and drinking anything but my own urine to devote this time to my work, I kept going, until I knew I had made the team to end all teams. I spent a further 25 minutes testing this team, and, after many trials such as negative team match-ups, lucky opponents, and people not doing what I wanted them to, the team managed to peak at 1049 on the Pokemon Showdown! ladder. Anyone may use this team, and are in fact encouraged to do so. A team this powerful comes with great responsibility, however, and thus you are strongly advised to read the "Terms of Use" spoiler before using it.

Saph~'s Backstory:

In order to create the best team possible I studied the techniques of top tier professional competitors such as Dragonuser and Minedreigon. Satisfied with the results, and the possible pool of viable pokemon I could use on the team, I proceeded to pour the next couple of minutes into the team’s creation. I proceeded to bring it to the highly prestiged PS ladder, and immediately noticed a problem in the system; It allowed this godlike team into the OU tier. I then proceeded to dominate all the teams except the ones that miraculously had a good team match-up against it. Content with the complete annihilation, ended with a ladder ranking of 1471- Sparing the razing of the rest of the ladder for another time.

Please read the Terms of Use in the spoiler below and check the agreement box before proceeding.

1. If you ever lose with this team, it was not the team's fault.

You might have had a bad team matchup, or a haxy game, or maybe YOU are just garbage, but if you lose with this team you have to keep in mind that the team isn't the imperfect being here.

2. If you use this team, it is the only team you may use for the rest of your life. You must delete all your other teams immediately.

we hardly think this needs to be in the terms of use, considering no one should have any reason to use a different team after using this shining example of our good Lord's love, but in case some misguided fool DOES try to use something else, this rule is present. Now you might be wondering about tiers where this team can't be used: UU, LC, RU, and NU come to mind- Well...

3. If a tier does not allow the use of this team, it is an unworthy tier and may not be played.

Again, we feel as though this goes without saying, but the simple fact is unless this rule is in here, we can't sue you for disobeying. Speaking of...

4. Disobeying ANY of these rules can and will result in disciplinary action.

This could range from revoking your right to use this team, to a lawsuit of up to $750,000, to mysterious death in the nearest alley.

If you agree to the terms of use, simply check the box below. If clicking it doesn't work, I advise you get out a Sharpie marker and check the box manually. Out of Sharpies? Better run to Office Max then!

[​IMG]

With that out of the way, let's move on to the teams, shall we?

To make sure you have absolutely prepared yourself, each team is encased in it's own spoiler within this one. There are no pictures because any pictures would be inaccurate representations of this team's glory.

Also, before we get to the teams, Saph would like to point out that all of these pokemon are dope on the mike, spitting fire and all that.

Volcarona @ Life Orb
    Ability: Flame Body
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - U-turn
    - Double-Edge
    - Flare Blitz
    - Wild Charge

I decided to do a physical set because, as everyone knows, Volcarona dislikes using it's special movepool. Saph asked it, so don't even try to convince us otherwise. Flare Blitz is a very powerful STAB move, and Wild Charge hits Bulky Waters like Suicune and Swampert for Super-Effective damage. U-Turn is a secondary STAB move that can get Volcarona out of a bad situation. Like being asked by his wife if her dress makes her look fat. Trust me, he does NOT want to be there. Double-Edge is there because, well, if Fire/Normal is good enough for Pyroar, I'd say it's good enough for Volcarona, too. Life Orb is on Volcarona, along with all the other mons, for a significant power boost while still being allowed to switch attacks. Also, it allows all my pokemon to go around LIVIN' LIKE LARRY!

Talonflame @ Life Orb
    Ability: Gale Wings
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
    Naive Nature
    - Brave Bird
    - Flare Blitz
    - U-turn
    - Solarbeam

Talonflame is here because you just GOTTA GO FAST. Brave Bird and Flare Blitz are STAB moves that hit like... like... like something that hits hard. U-Turn has the same use here as it did on Volcarona, as does the Life Orb. Solarbeam hits powerful mons like Keldeo and Quagsire and Sap Sipper Azumarill hard.

Magcargo @ Life Orb
    Jolly Nature
    - Shell Smash
    - Explosion
    - Self-Destruct
    - Flame Charge

Magcargo runs Shell Smash because it's the best boosting move in the game. Explosion will destroy anything that isn't a ghost type, but no one likes Ghost types anyway, so who cares? Self-Destruct is there to conserve Explosion PP for when you use the Wonder Launcher to revive Macargo later in the match. Flame Charge makes the lava snail of destruction even faster, and also lets it hit those stupid Ghost types.

Darmanitan @ Life Orb
    Ability: Sheer Force
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Flare Blitz
    - U-turn
    - Belly Drum
    - Take Down

Flaming Apes are awesome. Infernape is for pussies who can't handle Stealth Rock. Thus, Darmanitan is here. This here Darmanitan has always idolized Ringo Starr, (for those culturally unaware he was the drummer for The Beatles. If I had to tel you that, please go hang yourself in your closet.) and thus has always wanted to be a drummer. However, the Sheer Force (heh-heh... I'm punny.) behind his fists breaks any drum he uses. So, he uses his own stomach instead. While this hurts A LOT, like, a Rock Slide from a Carbink a lot, (0 Atk Carbink Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Darmanitan: 152-180 (43.3 - 51.2%) -- 3.1% chance to 2HKO) it also makes Darmanitan angry, too. So it hits really, really hard. Even god falls at this things feet:

+6 252 Atk Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Omanyte: 268-316 (127 - 149.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Wait, you thought I meant Arceus? Ugh.. FINE!

+6 252 Atk Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Arceus-Water: 459-540 (103.3 - 121.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

There, HAPPY?

U-Turn to escape a bad situation and use Belly Drum AGAIN later. Take Down is there for the same reason Double-Edge is on Volcarona.

Victini @ Life Orb
    Ability: Victory Star
    Jolly Nature
    - Flare Blitz
    - Wild Charge
    - U-turn
    - Double-Edge

Now, you might be wondering, "MMS! Why would you have two pokemon with the exact same set on the team?" To you I say, "Fkc to u! I felt like it!". Really, though, Victini has the same moveset as Volcarona because Vicitini is Volcarona's apprentice. In most matches, Victini will go out before Volcarona, weaken threats, and then Volcarona will come in to clean up. Of course, sometimes Volcarona feels the need to give his sidekick a chance, and goes out first to weaken them himself.

Chandelure @ Life Orb
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Jolly Nature
    - Curse
    - Memento
    - Flame Charge
    - Payback

Chandelure is the definition of Team Player. Well, if I'm putting it nicely, that is. Really he's mostly the water boy. Or the Shag. Anyway, Curse let's Chandelure put a nail through his head to weaken the opponents. Memento lets him kill himself to further weaken the opponents for his teammates. He probably does this in an attempt to be liked by his teammates. Like that would ever happen!

Volcarona @ Choice Scarf
    Jolly Nature
    - U-turn
    - Flare Blitz
    - Wild Charge
    - Zen Headbutt

I decided to do a physical set because, as everyone knows, Volcarona dislikes using it's special movepool. I asked it, so don't even try to convince us otherwise. Flare Blitz is a very powerful STAB move, and Wild Charge hits Bulky Waters like Suicune and Swampert for Super-Effective damage. U-Turn is a secondary STAB move that can get Volcarona out of a bad situation. Like being asked by his wife if her dress makes her look fat. Trust me, he does NOT want to be there. Zen Headbutt hits Fighting-types, like Conkeldurr and Scrafty, for Super-Effective damage. Choice Scarf makes Volcarona look absolutely FABULOUS! Oh. It also makes Volcarona faster so it can outspeed threats like Scarf Landorus-T and Thundurus. But I think that's less important than the fabulousness, don't you? Choice Scarf also allows Volcarona to become a good assasin, like Ezio. If you diss the Volcarona, when you go to sleep, he will be under your bed.

Flareon @ Choice Band
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - Flare Blitz
    - Double-Edge
    - Superpower
    - Iron Tail

Gamefreak was holding out on Flareon. They knew tiers wouldn’t be able to cope with the unstoppable power of Flareon with Flare Blitz. Flare is IN it’s name after all, gracing it with Super STAB (+ 9001% damage). Rest of the moves are filler, Super STAB moves are all you need with this monster of a Pokemon.

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
    Ability: Drought
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Hasty Nature
    - Fire Blast
    - Roost
    - Solar Beam
    - Focus Blast

It’s Charizard-Y not Charizard-Why. This bad flank packs heat in every engagement. When rival gangs step up they get shut down. Pokemon come out to bask in his sunlight, just to get a whiff of that. Solar Beam is here because it makes him glow just that much brighter. I can’t put it any other way, are your mons as fabulous as this guy? Nope.

Talonflame @ Choice Band
    Ability: Gale Wings
    Adamant Nature
    - Brave Bird
    - U-turn
    - Flare Blitz
    - Tailwind

Talonflame is here because you just GOTTA GO FAST. Brave Bird and Flare Blitz are STAB moves that hit like... like... like something that hits hard. U-Turn has the same use here as it did on Volcarona. Choice Band to maximize power. Tailwind can be used to make a teammate faster. Also, because Fire Snails flying in the wind smashing their shells is absolutely amazing to think about.

Magcargo @ Life Orb
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Shell Smash
    - Earth Power
    - Fire Blast
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

After this thing gets off a Shell Smash it speed obtains a frightening speed stat like most of the other mons in the OU tier without scarves. We don’t care about that though. We care about power, and shell smash is the definition of power. Why didn’t I use another mon to fill the sweeper position? Are other mons flaming slugs? Didn’t think so. Fire blast is for magcargo because everything on the team still spittin' fire. HP Ice because screw dragon types. Earth Power because why not? IT HAS POWER IN IT'S NAME.

Moltres @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Naive Nature
    - Hurricane
    - Fire Blast
    - U-turn
    - Ancient Power

So with Charizard-Y we have some nice special power, but it just isn’t enough alone. Naturally this is where Specs Moltres comes in, providing the power to bake cakes with it’s fire blast. We use hurricane in the sun because with a team as powerful as this, the hurricane has splash damage.

Replays

So you can see the teams in action, we have provided some replays.

Saph's Replay

MMS's Replay

Feedback
    We've received some pretty great feedback, so we decided to include the greatest tidbits here.

Shout-Outs

Shout-Outs to our faithful disciples, Extroph and Apollo77, for their attempts to build their own versions of The Team To End All Teams. Admirable efforts!

Shout-Outs to those who have appreciated the greatness of these teams prior to the creation of this RMT: Hakallowin, Eaglehawk, and The Imposter

Shout-Out to MMS's main brudda, Turpoo.

Shout-Out to MMS's wife, SilentReaper, for giving us the motivation to make this by calling us retards and being a dead man on Serebii. Good thing he still Skypes.

Shout-Out to The DragonKnight for being a real dude. All the frens in DD won't be needing your teams anymore, me n Saph have them covered c:

Shout-Out to Ger9119 for being MMS's absentee father.

Shout-Out to Kingothestone for demanding one.

Shout-Out to Moony for being a fren.

Shout-Out to Miror for presumably approving this.

Shout-Outs to Minedreigon and xDIRCIOx for being Saph's inspiration.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  2. Extroph

Extroph Gaijin Shogun

Hey guys! Thanks for the shout-out. Makes me feel warm inside.

Both your teams look pretty great! I see that they have some great potential in the OU ladder. Pokemon like Mega Mawile, Scizor, and Steelix are very common, and it's nice to see people dedicating their team solely to take down such threats. I want to offer suggestions concerning MMS' team, but Saph's team is perfect as it is in my opinion.

Hello MMS! Nice team you got there. I would like to give you some helpful feedback to improve such a strong team. First, physical Volcarona is a very underrated yet effective Pokemon in the OU ladder. I'm glad that you have chosen this set instead of the less-effective special attacking Volcarona. 60 Base Attack is very powerful in comparison to many that we see in OU (Aegislash has 50 Atk yet people use it. IDK why though). However, Double Edge is really useless on Volcarona. You have Life Orb on it, and Double Edge just takes more away from Volcarona's health. I suggest any of the following moves to replace Double Edge:

> Poison Jab - Poison Jab would be very helpful in taking down Fairy types, along with Grass types. I strongly suggest this as I noticed your team lacks an effective counter to Grass/Fairy.

> Giga Impact - This move is the final gambit for Volcarona. It's like Healing Wish, Destiny Bond, or Memento, in that you know you're gonna die, so might as well do something good before you do.

> Aerial Ace - I can see fighting types like Breloom and Hariyama being a big threat to your team. Aerial Ace may help against them.

Moving on, I see Talonflame, and the first thing I notice is HP Ground. I don't know what metagame you've been playing, but that is just a waste of a move slot. I recommend Solarbeam instead. First, not only does it take down threats like Keldeo and Quagsire, it also takes down Rock types that we see most often in OU, like Regirock.

Next up, Magcargo. I really like the original set you made, but I would like to point out some minor changes that you should strongly consider. Instead of Self-Destruct, it would better benefit Magcargo if you changed it to Iron Defense. Iron Defense would raise your Defense x1.5 after Shell Smash, which would really help out in the long run.

Nothing major should be changed on Darmanitan. I like the set as it is, but I feel like you should swap out Take Down for Headbutt and see how that goes. It trades the recoil for lesser damage.

Victini's set is the usual set we see, so nothing to change there.

Chandelure's set is very...original. I like the set but I think you should change the EV spread to 252 Def / 252 Spdef / 4 HP. That way, Payback can hit a lot more Pokemon for double damage. Curse should be swapped out for Acid Armor or Confuse Ray, but that's just my opinion.

TL;DR: Saph's team is great, MMS' team sucks because it's weak to Fairy and Grass.

3. Snorby

Snorby Snorby

Hi Verno, thanks for the rate pal!

Volcarona has Double-Edge because, in reality, power is all that matters. All the moves you suggested sans Giga Impact have lower BP than Double-Edge, and 2 Double-Edges does more than 1 Giga Impact, so I'm going to have to keep Double-Edge.

Solarbeam on Talonflame is genius, and I can't believe I didn't think of it. I knew I let you be one of our disciples for a reason! Adding right now.

Iron Defense on Magcargo, while an interesting option, simply isn't useful unless paired with Amnesia. Gonna have to deny this one as well.

Take Down will be kept over headbutt, because, like I said, power is all that matters.

Chandelure needs it's speed to get off Curse and memento before dying. Payback and Flame Charge are really just filler moves. Water Boys don't actually play, you know!

4. Rocxidi

Rocxidi ס₪₪₪§€ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ7

Who the heck is saph

Aaw! I'm flattered! So much that I'm going to give this a rate!

MMS has always been my inspiration. Ever since I joined Serebii, I have looked up to MMS. In fact, my small competitive success has been thanks to MMS. Whenever I'm in a battle, I think, "What would MMS do?" In fact, my minimal ladder peaks under the alt "yoloswag420bleizit" were thanks to MMS' inspiration. So, MMS, here you go:

Use Roost over Double Edge/Solarbeam on Volcarona and Talonlame because it heals all of the recoil.

Use Stone Miss over Self Destruct because Stone Miss is like an Earthquake. so much pwr

Use Flame Charge over Take Down on Darmanitan. If you can set that up, it's GG.

Use Fire Blast/Shadow Ball over Payback on Chandelure and change the nature and EVs so you can actually do something. Dark is a cheaper version of Ghost imo

Saph is some guy I met on Xat.

Saph's team is fine, wouldn't change a thing.

5. Saph~

Saph~ Serebii Champion x.x

Noticing a pattern here, :$. Testing solar beam on my talonflame too. : ]

6. Eaglehawk

Eaglehawk Banned

You two are the only reason I still visit Dragon's Den.

Anyway, I'd recommend running MMS' LO Volcarona over Scarf Volcarona. Scarf is Scarbage and LO is godlike. Instead, I recommend running Final Gambit Choice Scarf Victini.

Victini @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Victory Star
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - V-Create
    - Final Gambit
    - Trick
    - U-Turn

This set is godlike. It murders every Defensive Pokemon in OU.
    Clefable bothering you? Trick or Final Gambit
    Chansey being fat? Trick or Final Gambit
    Skarmory? Final Gambit
    Mandibuzz? Final Gambit

Screw all of them. This is the best Victini set. V-create does a lot of damage even with no EVs (I would know. I play UU.). U-Turn is good because Victini can exercise. Use this and you won't be disappointed.