• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Terminatorian Legion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Heya, first of all, activity post.

Secondly, in regards to the CCAT:

The one issue I have with Mickey D's Garchomp is that it doesn't require a hell of a lot of team support. CCAT's are always more fun with Pokemon that require adequate support, so I'm going to nominate Air Balloon Offensive Heatran.

485.gif

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Modest - Flash Fire
252 Sp. Atk, 252 HP, 4 Sp. Def
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Flash Cannon / Toxic / Stealth Rock

Heatran makes his return this generation as one of the best Pokemon around. With amazing, unique typing, a great ability, great bulk, and huge Special Attack, as well as the movepool to use it, it's no surprise he carves himself a place in OU every generation. This time around, he loses his Ghost and Dark resistances (Which is actually not all that much of a problem. Most things that carry Ghost or Dark moves also carry Fighting moves, I.E. Tyranitar usually packs Superpower, Gengar usually packs Focus Blast), but gains a double resistance to Fairy.

This set is simple. It takes advantage of Heatran's amazing offensive potential to punch holes in the opponent's team. Fire Blast is your primary STAB, dealing healthy amounts of damage to just about anything that doesn't resist it. Earth Power covers opposing Heatran and other Fire and Rock types. Hidden Power (Ice) hurts Landorus, Gliscor, Garchomp, Dragonite, and Salamence badly. The last move is a tossup. Flash Cannon lets him cover Fairies and put a dent in Tyranitar, Toxic lets him break down bulky walls and cripple potential counters, and Stealth Rock lets him support his team with hazards. The Air Balloon is the crux of the set, allowing him to beat things ike Garchomp and Salamence by dodging their Earthquakes and KO'ing with Hidden Power (Ice). Modest + Max Sp. Atk / HP lets him hit like a truck and still take hits pretty well. A Timid 252 Sp. Atk/252 Speed set is also viable, but fails to outspeed many notable threats, like Jolly Landorus and max Speed Gliscor.

The reason why I nominate this set is that it isn't by any means perfect. It still fears bulky Waters, fast Fighting and Ground types, and just about anything that outspeeds it and can use Earthquake. Therefore it requires some decent team support, and should be a fun 'mon to base a CCAT around. But that's just my two cents worth of it.

Also my vote for the playstyle goes to Balanced Offense.​

Jackalacking

Greed the Avaricious
Never actually done one of these before so I hope it's an appropriate review. The set is a set I've been using since last gen with the exception of ice beam which was added this gen and I did the calcs myself.

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronise
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spd
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled
- Ice Beam

Mew's base 100 stats across the board allow it to fill a wide range of roles in the game. Though generally outclassed in some roles by other pokemon, as a physically defensive wall and burn spreader, Mew manages to surprise anyone switching in their pursuit trappers like T-tar and Scizor and cripple them with will-o-wisp. Taunt is virtually self explanatory, crippling the likes of Skarmory, Ferrothorn and your generic hazards and status spreaders that don't have prankster or are named Deoxys. Softboiled and leftovers allows Mew to stay on the field longer and keep spreading status and crippling more of the opponents team. Ice beam is chosen as the attack move of choice to get surprise hits on a wide variety of pokemon such as Gliscor, Dragonite etc and hits for decent neutral damage on a lot of other pokemon. Aura sphere could be used to quickly hit steel types but it's less useful than ice beam in my opinion.
Mew is by no means perfect. Special attackers are obviously a big problem for it. Partners like Assault vest Tyranitar can tank hits from pokemon that would otherwise badly hurt mew like Gengar, Latias and Latios and hit back with powerful STAB crunch and pursuit. Blissey also partners well with Mew because of its considerable special bulk. Set up attackers like Mega Charizard and Mega Lucario also benefit from the burn support provided by Mew.

The reason I chose this set is because it defends very well against common physical attackers, crippling most of them with burn, makes set up pokes like ferrothorn and skarmory etc useless and can surprise pokemon with a weakness to ice beam.

My vote for the playstyle goes to balanced offensive.

Calcs to demonstrate Physically defensive Mew's bulk:

252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Pursuit vs. 252 HP / 224+ Def Mew: 158-188 (39.1 - 46.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Choice Band Scizor U-turn vs. 252 HP / 224+ Def Mew: 278-330 (68.8 - 81.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Pursuit vs. 252 HP / 224+ Def Mew: 164-194 (40.5 - 48%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Crunch vs. 252 HP / 224+ Def Mew: 324-384 (80.1 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Snorby

Snorby

$@M@rt#

Indian
Helooo guyz. thanks for welcoming me. What CCAT?
And I am Voting Bulky Offense & seconding Specially Based Mixed Attacker MegaChomp.

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
Helooo guyz. thanks for welcoming me. What CCAT?
And I am Voting Bulky Offense & seconding Specially Based Mixed Attacker MegaChomp.

CCAT stands for Community Create a Team, i.e the community, or guild in our case, makes a team together.

Bulky offensive and seconding the mega garchomp are my votes for CCAT. Never tried using MegaChomp yet.

$@M@rt#

Indian
THanks for answering.
How many points do i get for posting.
And can you tell me a little more about points. I cant understand it properly.

T.W.I.

Undercover Rocket
Since I won't be battling I guess I'll be stuck in the Keeper rank (which is fine since it's a baby poke and all I will be offering is breeding XD). I would open a breeding parlour on the site, but I'd rather just donate to help the clan. Here is a working list of my breeding parents. Feel free to mix and match for egg moves if you must (but I usually just breed a female then use a perfect dad afterwards). I won't list their normal ability since you can change it and it saves me breeding time when I'm not ability hatching also. Some females will have 3-4 IV simply cause I got the perfect father faster and I never bothered getting a perfect female. Any request will be whatever gender I damn well give you :p Yes I have some weird parents, simply to cross breed groups. Feel free to request something I don't have listed, these are just available parents I have (I should be able to branch out quite easily).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j6zblh4btlsnsgp/breedingparlour.xlsx

EDIT: Made a spreadsheet for easy organizing.

Last edited:

LightningShiva

FreezeShock
Username: LightningShiva
6th gen FC: 1778 9618 0249
PO/PS: None so far
Competitive battling experience: Some 4th gen. Mostly 6th gen.
Division of choice: Prophets of Darkness
Referred By: None
Other: Looking to test my strength, make some friends.

Job Wanted: Artist / EV Trainer
Reason for wanting the job: I love making sigs, I want to use my skills / Super training isn't so bad
Why do you deserve this job: An attention to detail / I have time to grind

golem12

Dragon Trainer
Since I won't be battling I guess I'll be stuck in the Keeper rank (which is fine since it's a baby poke and all I will be offering is breeding XD). I would open a breeding parlour on the site, but I'd rather just donate to help the clan. Here is a working list of my breeding parents. Feel free to mix and match for egg moves if you must (but I usually just breed a female then use a perfect dad afterwards). I won't list their normal ability since you can change it and it saves me breeding time when I'm not ability hatching also. Some females will have 3-4 IV simply cause I got the perfect father faster and I never bothered getting a perfect female. Any request will be whatever gender I damn well give you :p Yes I have some weird parents, simply to cross breed groups. Feel free to request something I don't have listed, these are just available parents I have (I should be able to branch out quite easily).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j6zblh4btlsnsgp/breedingparlour.xlsx

EDIT: Made a spreadsheet for easy organizing.

can you breed me some eevees lol too lazy to breed them myself and i want to get every eeveelution i got 4 allready so 5 more i need they don't need to be special except one

this one gonna be ma espeon for wifi compitive can you make it have the ability that when it evolves it gets magic bounce and a timid nature pls idk what you want for them but i got solar power and protean charmander and froakie

T.W.I.

Undercover Rocket
can you breed me some eevees lol too lazy to breed them myself and i want to get every eeveelution i got 4 allready so 5 more i need they don't need to be special except one

this one gonna be ma espeon for wifi compitive can you make it have the ability that when it evolves it gets magic bounce and a timid nature pls idk what you want for them but i got solar power and protean charmander and froakie

A Timid HA Eevee would be tricky for me atm, I mainly focused on physical ones. I could start one though, would help me. I can start it once I get my current project done (Mega Gardevoir). That one shouldn't take long, but Eevee can be a pain. I don't need any of those pokes lol. Convince EK I can rank up by breeding and that will be your payment XD

EDIT: You can click my egg to see my breeding parents now.

Last edited:

golem12

Dragon Trainer
A Timid HA Eevee would be tricky for me atm, I mainly focused on physical ones. I could start one though, would help me. I can start it once I get my current project done (Mega Gardevoir). That one shouldn't take long, but Eevee can be a pain. I don't need any of those pokes lol. Convince EK I can rank up by breeding and that will be your payment XD

EDIT: You can click my egg to see my breeding parents now.

lol i'll try but chances are low xD and do you know what your fc type is mine is psychic and got drowzee and espurr in it idk the third one

Snorby

Snorby
Opponent's Serebii name: Crazy Rudolf
Win/Lose/Draw: Win
Notes: couldnt hax me out of the win this time :)
Wins in current rank: 4/10

Opponent's Serebii name: McDanger
Notes: very close, GG
Wins in current rank: 5/10

Notes: Chatot too strong
Wins in current rank: 6/10

Last edited:

McDanger

02CCAT.png

I`m going to close round 1 because the massive support of Mega Garchomp and Bulky offensive.

Style: Bulky Offensive

garchomp-5.gif
445-m.png

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 SAtk / 184 Spd / 72 Atk
Rash Nature
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Surf

Round 2 is open for another pokemon, please keep in mind the style and what we currently have. Also reframe from backing a pokemon until voting starts

Turpoo

S|utbro
Notes: If I had Specs Chatot is wouldve been GG much earlier, Scarf Chatot too weak
Wins in current rank: 1/10

McDanger

Zygarde @ Lum Berry
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 156 Spd / 252 Atk / 100 HP
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage

Zygarde benefits immensly from Mega Garchomp. Sharing the same type, the two have similar checks, most of which Mega Garchomp beats or cripples. Zygarde is also very underrated, considered outclassed by Dragonite, but sets itself apart with is massive physical bulk, allowing it to set up on threats like Terrakion and Talonflame, then beat them and sweep. Zygarde's evs allow it to outrun common stuff at +2 having the same speed as agility thundurus therian (bulky variant) and maintain a lot of bulk. This makes Zygarde ideal for a bulky offensive team. Earthquake and Outrage are your stab moves, as well as the most common moves you will use. Extreme speed is nice to revenge faster threats or other priority uses such as sucker punch Bisharp and Talonflame. Dragon dance is there to sweep, getting an attack and speed boost making it easier for Zygarde to muscle through teams. Lum berry is the item to heal burns from Rotom Wash as well as confusion from outrage.

Skarm™

Light It Up
Gonna be at my dad's house for the next two weeks so no art until I get back

Deisel

Username:Rai
6th gen FC:3523-2104-4952
PO/PS: CatcherAndTheRai
Competative battling experiance: Pretty well. I am pretty proficient in LC. In SPL on The Ever Grande BIGs.
Division of choice: Light one. with EK
Refered By:EK
Other:LETTTSSSS GOOOOO IM BACK BB<333

Status
Not open for further replies.