• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Theme League

In the event of a leader's tournament, which battle mode would you prefer?

• Other (please state what in the thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PokeWisdomGiver

Gespenster Jäger
Without ubers dude lol always standard. And I vote yes on themes since it is a theme league tourney it would seem that THEMES would fit lmao.

Zog the Stout

Lover of Arcanines
Agreed, Gotian. Some people's theme relies largely on the rules (Eg. yours and Serenade SPs), whereas some people's theme relies on the pokemon in their team (Eg. Mine and Pirates), so I'm for unthemed to make it more even.

Registering 12 Sounds like a great idea, and I'm assuming Standard Rules = No Ubers. Leastways, I hope its no Ubers.

Zog

Ps. Nah, keep your bad luck, its much easier ;)

EDIT: Let me elaborate on no themes, PWG. Example of me vs you. My theme is pretty simple - I use pokes fitting the theme of "Dragons in Disguise". But you have 2 different teams (one of which is unthemed as a team), so I'd have to fight and beat both, without Choice Items, to win? Or just one? Sleep Clause, or no Sleep Clause? Who's rules would take priority? Would your rule of "No-one can use Crobat, Ninjask or Yanmega" override my rule of "No-one can use Infernape"? What if one of those was on one of our themed teams? Logically, it just wouldn't work unless we all had to submit a themed team, which some people don't have as their theme is in rules. Furthermore, I know I for one don't have 12 Dragons in Disguise. I have trained a team of 6, because logically, I'd not ever, really need to use more. Hell, I'd be hard put to think of 12 potentials!

Last edited:

SerenadeSP

My Loyal Feraligatr
Eh, I don't have a full team set up for single battles. Actually, most my Ev'd pokemon are made specifically for my gym >.< I'll this time around.

Gotian

Yeah see, doing it as theme really messes everything up, and in serenades case, the whole thing messes it up for him, lol. In my case i would not be able to do double battles as my teams are for single battles, besides double battles tend to make moves like earthquake a big no-no since you can KO your own pokemon like that, lol.

And Zog, I found a pen a couple days ago that i lost a month ago that I really liked so my luck has kicked up to normal status, lol.

PokeWisdomGiver

Gespenster Jäger
I was speaking about teams not rules in the tourney lol. And also Zog both of my team have a theme you just have to find out what the one that is type based id based off of:) Hint it's named after a movie and the 6 people I have are exactly like the characters.

The Baron of Fate

Has seen the light
I would, but I don't have my game right now.

But if you ever want to fight me immediatly, get a Baby team trained, as to be ready.

pirate555

Word.
I’ve returned now. Seems the League’s been fairly peaceful, but thank you anyway Gotian for taking care of it!

Right, the tournament –
Will hopefully be opening very soon, but another suggestion, recommended by one of our own leaders, is to use Shoddy as a battling device. For those of you who’ve not come across the site, look here for more details:
http://www.smogon.com/shoddybattle/
Could I have opinions on whether we use this method of battling, or the standard DS wi-fi mode? It’s completely open, I’m not putting my weight either side of the argument. Thank you!

Also, I can’t battle tonight, I’m overcome by weariness suddenly, after a long, long weekend. I may be around tomorrow or the day after if you’d like to arrange your challenge!

Pirate

mew..

What do you want?
Sorry I haven't been replying much, I've been working on my teams.

I'm currently ev'ing one of my shinies, a key member for one of my teams. (Hopefully the team will be done by January, but I need one more member.)

EDIT: I finished ev'ing it.

Zog the Stout

Lover of Arcanines
Personally, I'm out if its on Shoddy. Shoddy is a good interface for testing and proxying teams that you wanna try, but in reality, the way it plays isnt good at all, its easier to make mistakes on Shoddy, and doesn't reward hard work in trainign teams at all.

If one thinks about it, Shoddy is basically permitted hacking for perfect pokes - there's no reward in IVing, Eving, Naturing, Egg Moving, levelling etc your team at all - you just select it. Boring and lazy, imo.

Strongly voting in favour of WiFi.

Zog

Zog the Stout

Lover of Arcanines
See my PM :p

I don't know what Shoddy is but I will go for the old fashion wifi battle.I guess it's just testing your team to see if it's good. And if it's okay can I join the tournament? I am still training my team if it's 6vs6 battle. Is there any prize if you win the tournament?

Black Murder Heavangelon

Ow! Ow! Harder! Ow!
Pros: Shoddy allows you to build teams with effortless IVs rather than having the misfortune of breeding a bad IV'd pokemon (guilty) and Shoddy has Platinum moves.

Cons: No battle scenes and a few little bugs with the server. Very minor though.

Also, i'd like to remind everyone that i'm always available for battles as long as you can catch me online.

The Baron of Fate

Has seen the light
I'm against Shoddy, mostly because I cannot download it... :(

I'll can fight soon, but not today!

I realise i am not a leader and my vote will probably not count in this tournament, however i believe that any tournament should be on wifi because like zog said its easier to make mistakes on shoddy and its the lazy way to play.

Zog the Stout

Lover of Arcanines
Looks pretty anti-shoddy atm. Is the person who suggested it gonna give their case, lol?

Available for battles as long as I'm online tonight, btw. PM me.

Zog

Status
Not open for further replies.