• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Thief That Keeps On Thieving (548)

Kenpachi

Flawless Technique
I'm starting to get tired of this Ash, what Team Rocket did was dirty and cheap, but they didn't steal anything. You went looking for them with the intention of taking Yanma back. THAT would have been stealing! [sorry, I just hate hypocrites]

Nice episode, Yanmega made a great first impression, great moves and an intimidating voice. I can't wait to see it in contests.

Ayra

~Master Coordinator~
I found it funny how Team Rocket thought that Giovanni gave them back Yanma because he wanted to thank them. How dumb can people get?

~Ayra~;267;

Geodude

I'm starting to get tired of this Ash, what Team Rocket did was dirty and cheap, but they didn't steal anything. You went looking for them with the intention of taking Yanma back.
I don't think any of them specifically said they were going to take it back, and Brock did point out shortly after they started looking that "once a Pokemon's captured, that's that". I think they were just looking for TR out of annoyance really.

So having now seen both the RAW and DUB episodes, I'm still not entirely convinced that Yanmega's gonna be around for too, too long, like Dustox. Still, alright episode, but not entirely memorable for me.
Thank you Brock for being the voice of reason once more: Once a pokémon's captured, that's that. No point being upset about it for too long. TR are dirty, rotten scoundrels, and we've always known that.
I wonder though, if Tyler will eventually be a recurring guest?

Cobalt_Latios

So having now seen both the RAW and DUB episodes, I'm still not entirely convinced that Yanmega's gonna be around for too, too long, like Dustox. Still, alright episode, but not entirely memorable for me.
Thank you Brock for being the voice of reason once more: Once a pokémon's captured, that's that. No point being upset about it for too long. TR are dirty, rotten scoundrels, and we've always known that.
I wonder though, if Tyler will eventually be a recurring guest?
Exception to the rule: Paul, Team Cipher/Snagem. Okay, so they're not really part of the series, but considering they're part of the basic mechanic, it works. Yeah, a bit of technicalities on my part, but I figured it was worth mentioning.

~C_L~

Marzillius

Loved it. Finally a great Pokémon for TR. I hope Jessie can put up better fights now. James just needs a Snover that evolves into Abomasnow now. I hope they doesn't get blasted off as much now.

BUT WHAT THE HELL?! BEATEN BY THE ****ING BUIZEL AGAIN?!! GOD DAMMIT I HATE BUIZEL!! AN UN-EVOLVED POKÉMON ISN'T THAT STRONG!!!

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
Good episode. I'm glad that kid got a Yanma after Jesse stole it. But it's cool that Jesse got one to. And it evolved, nonetheless. Yanma is awesome.

kemal07

yanmega's wicked . at first i argued that it wouldnt suit Jessie but it perfectly has lol. i love the way the writers have been showing their bond by making Yanmega land on Jessies head

halloweenghost

They caught yanma fair and square,. though it was dirt of team rocket how they did so. I liked it..thoguht the episode was pretty good :)

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I'm surprised that Giovanni sent it back to them, he checked out the attacks that it knew, so he must have realised it was going to evolve.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
If Jessie was realy smart, she was sending Yanmega to Giovanni. and then TR was stronger

milenadrg

Episode was great. Jessie, James and Meowth were soo evil in this episode, I liked that... :) I like the fact Jessie got that flying thing and it was cool seeing another Piplup, not only Dawn's one...

I think TR is in denial about how much Giovanni appreciates their work. He sends back Yanma and they think it was because he loved it and decided he didn't deserve it as much as they did. If they had caught that second one, I wonder how Giovanni would have reacted.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Yay a Yanma episode! I loved it! Not only did we see a couple of Yanma, but Team Rocket was more involved that usual. I cannot believe Jessie caught a Yanma but sent it to Giovanni.

Giovanni got his old VA back for this episode, which was excellent. About the COTD, the fact that he had a female Piplup was so cute. I've always wanted to see if there was a difference between male and female Piplup.

The ending surprised me. I didn't think Jessie's Yanma would evolve so soon. Yanmega was probablt added only so it could replace her Dustox though :/ 8/10

JohnLee

Poor kid. Kept trying and trying, but he never gave up! No sir-ee!
I was happy to finally see TR do catch something and be semi-evil.
It was nice to see TR's delibird too! :)

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I couldn't believe that TR actually successfully stole a pokemon (kinda). It's funny how Giovanni has no feelings for them yet they yearn to make him happy, especially Meowth with his little dream sequences. I'm glad the kid finally caught a Yanma though and Yanmega fits perfectly with Jessie. Great episode.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
It was interesting how they got Yanma, but it was a fair catch so there wasn't really anything anyone could do like Brock said. Maybe if TR did that with Pachirisu, Wild Smoochum, Wild Jigglypuff and all the wild Pokemon for that matter and threw a pokeball they would be successful, because Ash and co isn't really going to take the pokeball back because that is still stealing.

I think Giovanni said he already had a bunch of Yanmas, most of them was probably most likely to evolve into Yanmega. And I am betting TR doesn't even know what Giovianni what he wants with all these Pokemon. No it's not so he can have them singing in the morning or acting like an alarm clock or take him flying or so he can have sands at some non sand beach. Even legendaries like Articuno they don't realize he actually wants it for its rarity/power not so it can act as an fan,

wind21

This one is another personal favorite of mine, and I think it's a good representation of what Sinnoh is about. Ash's reaction to the young kid crying over Team Rocket capturing what should be his Yanmega is pretty unexpected: he tells the kid to stop crying for the reason that the kid can't be discouraged over something like this. And Ash doesn't mean Team Rocket is low-down and not worth the effort; what he means is life is full of difficult challenges, and as a trainer, it's important not to be discouraged. The writers, by showing this little kid's dismay, are showing, by contrast, how far Ash, Dawn, and Brock have come as trainers. Well, definitely Ash and Brock, we already knew- still nice to see the Caterpie memory, though! I think the important thing is that this does put into perspective the seriousness of the doubts Dawn has had recently. The troubles the kid faces in this episode don't really compare; and that's, I think, what Ash hints at when he tells the kid to be strong. Maybe as a sort of apology for this, Ash shows the kid his badges (as well as Dawn showing him her ribbons), and all three of our heroes show of their pokemon to the kid, to make him feel better. They stick with the kid until he catches his own Yanma, and, as the narrator says at the end of the episode, they feel pretty satisfied they made a difference in the kid's beginning journey. I remember when I first watched this episode (which I can't say for many episodes), and the reason I remember this one is b/c of what Ash said. He didn't tell the kid that Team Rocket are jerks and they'll get in trouble or something (they, of course, do not get into trouble); he told the kid these things happen, and he has to learn to accept them w/o giving up or being upset about it. And that's a very realistic moral.

Yikes, though. Ash didn't have to be mean to a kid right after I said Sinnoh Ash tends not to get onto people about their faults. Kids are more impressionable, and maybe he felt it was important to be firm here. He rarely does this, from what I remember.

Tomorrow will be a fitting episode to look at, heading into Thursday's new episode where Ash and Paul start their Sinnoh League Battle. The beginning of the end of Sinnoh is almost here.

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Finally Team Rocket managed to "steal" a pokemon.......