• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Thief That Keeps On Thieving (548)

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was unfortunate the young trainer kept getting his capture attempts screwed over by TR. Jessie ends up catching the 1st Yanma he tried so hard to capture himself, a form of stealing really. It was really cool how they did show how Yanma evolves, it learned Ancientpower, and then evolved into Yanmega. It was funny how TR thought that the Boss gave them a new Yanma who had already learned Ancientpower. I'm glad the Young Trainer finally was able to catch a Yanma as his 1st Pokemon in the end.

41/100

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I started loving Yanma as a result of this episode.

Jessie catching Yanma before Tyler did was a bit mean cos he wanted to catch that Yanma in question but at the end he eventually caught his own Yanma.

Pippy (Tyler's Piplup) has a slightly different voice than Dawn's Piplup though but another distinction was Pippy's tiara.

NPT

Just a member
It was surprising that Team Rocket actually managed to sucsessfully steal a Yanma in this episode! so far their plans has been gotten backfired in the DP series.... but this time they caught that Yanma in a effortless, but fair way, much to the COTD Tyler's disappointment. Despite Yanma having a good moveset, Giovanni didn't like their gift to him and sent it back to the TRio. It's funny how they thought that Giovanni sent it back as a 'reward' for them. It's surprising to Yanma evolving into Yanmega in the same episode, a capture and an evolution in the same episode is rare in the anime. It annoyed me when Team Rocket beat Ash and others in their first battle, but I'm glad Ash's Buizel and Pikachu blasted them off in their second battle
It's nice to see Ash remembering his Caterpie from the third episode of the Kanto saga "Ash Catches a Pokémon!", it brought back good memories.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I screamed when that wild Yanma casually landed on Ash and then Dawn's heads. I would've yelled if that had happened to me. The COTD's female Piplup was adorable with her small tiara and I liked those flashbacks to when Ash and Dawn caught their first Pokemon. I was glad that Giovanni returned Yanma to Jessie at least; that was a plus for her.

I feel that that whole part with TR-having-lot's-of-Yanma thing was kind of odd to have in the episode/
What was the point of it anyway?

DatsRight

Yanmega was probably the trio's first smidgeon of credibility for a long while. Not only was she 'stolen' in a sense and successfully given to the boss, she was perhaps the team's most intimidating and competent Pokemon pre-BW. She was a winner in contests, semi-blasted off the heroes in this episode and had been shown capable of cancelling out Pikachu's electric attacks (note this was before the likes of Inkay were shown doing it regularly). She even got Dawn to moan in frustration that Team Rocket had managed to pwn them. The catharsis.

I was amused how the episode shown the trio's relationship with Giovanni. Even the boss (the REAL boss not the figment of Meowth's fantasies) was rather humorous in this episode, not even able to remember the trio's names. Concerning the moral standing, while the heroes didn't make a long standing deal about it, it seemed noticeable they complained about Yanmega being rightfully Tyler's property since, rather ironically, Yanmega seemed to like Jessie as her trainer.

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Yanma landing on Ash's head was cute and so was the kid's female Piplup with her little tiara. I was glad that Jessie successfully caught Yanma, plus seeing it evolve into Yanmega was cool. :3

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Well this was where TR had their first successful theft. I think the writers made Jess's Yanma evolve so early so we wouldn't have an old Pokemon in the cast. The Piplup boy didn't need such a strong Yanma yet anyway.

Alloutℯ

Banned
I really liked this episode, but I wonder who voiced Tyler's Piplup because it surely did not sound like Michele Knotz did it. Does anyone have any idea? I'm also glad they kept Yanmega's voice.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
This was a special episode to me since we saw Team Rocket successfully steal a Pokemon

Well technically Jessie didn't steal Yanma cuz it was wild to begin with and therefore anyone was free to catch it. ^^; However, I suppose it might've seemed slightly messed up that Jessie interfered all of a sudden.

I felt bad for Team Rocket since they finally snagged Giovanni a Pokemon and he sent it back without caring. I thought that Yanmega made a good fit for Jessie, but Ancient Power looked weird.

Alloutℯ

Banned
When Jessie caught Yanma, I wasn't expecting her to keep it. I thought she'd lose it like she lost Shellder. So I was happy to see her use Yanma and even evolve it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I liked how we saw Satoshi and Hikari reminisce about their first captures when they spoke with Taisei, and Musashi capturing the wild Yanyanma that Taisei's Pochama had battled was awfully petty. I loved seeing the Rocket-dan's messenger Delibird again however, and Sakaki sending Yanyanma back was funny. At least Musashi got to keep Megayanma.

Daizy

I call you honey
Yanmega sounds creepier than it looks. The plot of the episode seems to be more focused on Jessie getting Yanmega since all that Ash's group did was help some kid get a Pokémon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Megayanma seemed like a forced replacement for Musashi's recently-released Dokucale, although it was able to impress me somewhat in this episode, which put it above Dokucale for me personally.

DatsRight

I like how this is another, as TV Tropes puts it, Innocuously Important Episode that shows a key plot point coming up later on. Apparently Jessie and James are such washouts now Giovanni can't even remember them. Meaning he doesn't remember their constant failures and he ends up believing their bullcrap at the end of the series that gets them the Unova promotion.

It seems TRio have come full circle.

Leonhart

Imagineer
DatsRight said:
I like how this is another, as TV Tropes puts it, Innocuously Important Episode that shows a key plot point coming up later on. Apparently Jessie and James are such washouts now Giovanni can't even remember them. Meaning he doesn't remember their constant failures and he ends up believing their bullcrap at the end of the series that gets them the Unova promotion.

It seems TRio have come full circle.

I can't help but feel that Sakaki not remembering their failures is actually a bad thing more than a good thing. I'd much rather see him get angry about their failures instead of him coming across as forgetful.