• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Thief That Keeps On Thieving (548)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The Yanma Capture Operation!

Travelling to Pastoria, Ash & Co. meet a trainer desperate to capture a Yanma. His last attempt had been thwarted by Team Rocket who captured it themselves. Ash & Co. decide to assist the trainer. However, Jessie wants to try out her newly captured Yanma...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

So Yanma evolved during this episode. Nothing surprising, to me. We already had something like this, back in Kanto. ;3

swift arrow

SuperSpecialAwesome
Yes! Team Rocket steal a pokemon. that's so super special awesome...and then it evolves in the very same episode! how cool! i mean jessie could have had yamna for a bit but i really don't mind. a very pleasing concept in deed and i just can't wait to watch this and see the look on the 'twerps' faces!

mimejr.james

< The one and only
Jessie caught Yanma, huh? Then it evolved into Yanmega? Nice. And it has Steel Wing, Sonicboom AND Ancient Power? The twerps should watch there backs now Jessie has this powerhouse known as Yanmega!

Wonder how'll it do in contests.

black_webs

I hope team rocket doesn't get blasted off as much now as they did. It would be a shame if Yanmega's power evaporates like Seviper's over the next few episodes.

Taisey gets another Yanma from what I read, (I believe thats the Trainer of the Days name?)
Still, looks like a good episode. Nexts weeks sounds pretty...intense.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I'm not sure whether I'm more surprised Jessie actually did something 'right' or that she sent it to Giovanni considering how much she like ... needed it. Should've known that Giovanni would reject it, but that leads me to wonder what on Earth he could've wanted with those Sandshrew and Oddish Butch and Cassidy tried to give him in their first appearance. :|

MaskedManAbsolkid

Nice, no messing around by the writers here. How did Delibird feature exactly?

Delibird was featured? That sounds interesting. I also wanna know this, as well as two other things:

1) Why did Giovanni send Yanma back to Jessie?
2) Was there much interaction between the two Piplups?

Kazuki Mirai

Holy... Now that Yanmega look fitting for Jessie. O_O

Jessie captures Yanma and evolved it at the same time. That's a first, I think. Well, for Team Rocket. At least people can stop complaining about Jessie not getting a new Pokemon now. =/

uber gon

Accept Change
I'm not sure whether I'm more surprised Jessie actually did something 'right' or that she sent it to Giovanni considering how much she like ... needed it. Should've known that Giovanni would reject it, but that leads me to wonder what on Earth he could've wanted with those Sandshrew and Oddish Butch and Cassidy tried to give him in their first appearance. :|

Yeah, him sending back a neat pokemon like Yanma is pretty weird. Oh well, at least the kid got his own Yanma in the end.

Last edited:

Dax

Legend
Incredible! I really did want Yanma with Jessie but I never expected it was going to evolve in the same episode. Yanmega looks creepy, it's really ugly but it honestly works.

DSRGBA

did she not try to send yanmega to giovanni?, surely he would have taken it then..., anyway i like yanmega and it suits her