• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Thwackey with One Stick! (1190)

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Had a feeling the evolution wouldn't happen, I was getting Quilladin vibes off this episode. Late debut of the middle stage, filler esque description...

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Sobble clearly showed intentions to evolve upon encountering Inteleon in its very first focus episode though.

Grookey wasn't really the focus of this episode so much as it was a supporting character in a PotD episode, and it showed no desire to evolve at all.
Yeah but no evolution arc was set up in this which is what makes me cynical towards it evolving
Scorbunny didn't even meet his evolution and evolved(and had his arc afterwards)
On the other hand Eevee is having a whole evolution arc and yet is probably staying unevolved
Tl;dr: The writers will evolve him if they decide so

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Sobble grew out of its crying even without focus episodes, much as people claim it didn't develop, Grookey has had far more focus and no real change in behavior.

That's funny out of 3 goh's starter, it looked like sobble got the best development, even if scorbunny got the most screentime.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Haven't seen the episode yet but thank freaking GOD Grookey didn't evolve, honestly I dont care if it ever does but at this point they wasted away an ENTIRE YEAR to set that up if they wanted and they didn't so its far to late to push that now. Then again I long past the point of caring about what they do with Grookey anyway. Now that leaves the unfortunate fate of the episode being mostly filler when the series absolutely cant afford to have them good or bad, not necessarily the episode's fault in a vacuum but I hope the staff realizes this and uses their remaining time appropriately

Thesnowmander11

Bro i’m sorry but i just can’t wait for the clemont episode i grew up with xyz and was the first one i watched

Risrhayne

Guys are you feeling sluggish? You feel like you’re missing the energy you used to have? That could be a sign of Low B, or Low Branch. Introducing Groo-genix. A formula of mashed Nanab berries and intense overnight training that will boost your stamina and help you feel young again. And trust me, SHE’LL notice too *snap snap winky face* This episode felt like a massive innuendo. The teenager in me couldn’t help but laugh that Thwackey’s solution was to beat his stick faster and he has sweat flyin’ off of him while his wife watches in excitement.

I’m surprised nobody’s talking about Goh nearly giving up Grookey at the end. And what made Goh’s actions worse is the fact that it COULD have been a good storyline wrapping up; unlike Scorbunny and Sobble who were wild catches, Grookey was a TR mon. Imagine if Grookey was kidnapped from their troop and never learned how to socialize. And the reason why they’re such a little poop is from TR conditioning them to be bad. This episode comes in and Goh wanting to release Grookey would have been understandable since they were with the family they lost. Only for Grookey to want to stay with Goh because HE’S their family.

But no, they decided to have Goh be assumptive again and for like, the 4th or 5th freaking time, he’s nearly ditched his friend the second they stop having fun with him. As much as I hate that stupid monkey, Goh nearly dumping them was such a slap in the face to his development.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Goh's the biggest drama queen I've ever seen next to Jessie.

Everyone in the damn world likes Pokemon? Eww, screw y'all, leave the kid alone in the swings. You'll never understand his love for Pokemon.

One day a friend of his doesn't show up? Normally, people tell each other where they are at. In this case? HOW DARE HE BETRAY GOH'S TRUST AFTER A VERY SWEET TOKIO HANGING OUT WITH HIM!

One off day where things don't work out with Scorbunny? Emo bunny evolution. Cue the next episodes barely touching upon it and the bunny never once thinking about walking away from him until Goodbye Pikachu episode

One day his data - not the Pokemon mind you - that we never see him working on at all gets stolen? He sheds tears.

People know Ash? Whatevs. It's not like he feels so insecure that other people make friends anywa-

Kiawe: Stay the heck away from Ash if you're not gonna be a true friend to him!
Goh: What th-?!
Mallow: Apparently, that's how the Flame of Alola must behave. I dunno. I never saw one myself.

RafaSceptile

One day his data - not the Pokemon mind you - that we never see him working on at all gets stolen? He sheds tears.
I am still waiting to the explanation about why it is fine for Clemont to cry for Clembot (which memories are data in the end) but not for Goh to cry about its data investigation.

Both scenes feels a bit forced but it is fine to cry for such things anyways.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I am still waiting to the explanation about why it is fine for Clemont to cry for Clembot (which memories are data in the end) but not for Goh to cry about its data investigation.

I mean, Clembot was pretty much a person so....

Risrhayne

Proooooobably because Goh still had his Pokémon physically around and losing their data, while it sucked, didn’t delete his Pokémon from existence. He didn’t have to catch them all over again whereas I’m pretty sure ClemBot was rebuilt but lost their memeories.

RafaSceptile

Proooooobably because Goh still had his Pokémon physically around and losing their data, while it sucked, didn’t delete his Pokémon from existence. He didn’t have to catch them all over again whereas I’m pretty sure ClemBot was rebuilt but lost their memeories.
Goh mention in the episode itself that the deleted data held dear memories to him. This is not different to Clemont losing Clembot's memories (aka data), but it is fine for Clemont to cry and Goh is a crybaby? Sounds like double standards. Either both are good in their own way, or both are bad.