• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Ties that Bind (One-Shot)

N

NeoCrisis873

Sad AND Powerful...

Wow... nothing else to say but wow. This is the best fan-fic I have ever read Saffire, a definite 10/10. I loved how you incorperated the fact of all the places you have been and how, at every waking secound after he died, your mind was with his in the place for all beings that were immortal, until they were struck down by some freak accident that sould've never happened. You really should write another like this, but using a different story line, not a person going for champion, but something... else...

;367;{:NC:};368;

~Fire&Ice~

Conspiracy Theorist
There are no words that can describe the emotion I felt while reading this. My favorite Pokemon is a Charizard (check my name) and to think if that would happen to me... I would be full of sorrow. You are truly talented and this one-shot was beautiful. I hope you will make more!

S

Shadownight of Summerclan

Beautiful, just beautiful. No one can describe the emotion they probaly felt while reading this. Beautiful, a truly magnificent & beautiful work of art. Keep producing these master-pieces. It has inspired me to wright a story now, I'll defiently dedacate it to you Persian.

Saffire Persian

Now you see me...
Alastor: Thanks for the review.. Glad you liked it.

Neocrisis: I do have another one-shot I'm thinking of writing in this sort of POV, but we'll see what happens.

Charizard: Not much I can say in response to your review but thanks, and that I like Charizard too.

Lord Ginshikon: Thanks, I"m glad you found it inspiring.

Saffire, I just read the story... very sad - I almost cried when I found out that Charizard was dead... Charizard is my second favourite Pokemon. But overall, a very interesting story.

Xiang

Ah....*sniff* chooo!

Okay, that was the worst review beginning line I have ever done.

Splendid. Excellent. Fantastic. Touching. Brings me speechlessness.

Only typo I spotted:

Your home is you final stop

Your final stop. :D

I can't smile now. You rule, dudette.

~*Myuu the Ryuu*~

The epitome of grace
*sniff* that was BEAUTIFUL!!
the best part was when the protagonist was flying over Kanto to various places...
so sad...
yet so enchanting...
i'd cry if i had limited control of my tear ducts...

Overall: 10/10.
i'd like to say that this is a true fic. you don't see one of these everyday...

Saffire Persian

Now you see me...
Raitasu: thanks for pointing out that stupid typo! *goes to kill*

XD001 Emerald: Thanks. ^_^ I'm glad you liked it... I'm not one to cry easily, either, no matter how said a movie or book is. ^^ Thanks for your review.

Darktyranitar

Beginning Trainer
Hey, hey. I have read this fic before on TPM, darktyranitar's my name!

Ah, this story is very touching. Beautiful. I love it!

Just as a note, are you aware that this fic got a few nomination over at TPM silver pencil awards? Well, thought you would like to know. Good luck with the awards there!

Last edited:

Saffire Persian

Now you see me...
Pokemon Trainer Jeremy: XD I wasn't expecting any new replies.. Um.. No, I don't think there's ever going to be a part II of this.. You can imagine what happens afterwards all you want though. xD

Darktyranitar: Yes, I was aware. ^_^. And thanks for the review and stuff! I appreciate it.

M

Metallic Penguin

This is so beautiful, Saffire Persian. I really love this story, from the POV to the descriptions. Lengthy descriptions of emotions are good. =)

Really enjoyed the flashbacks and the memories, so wonderful. The bond between the Charizard and 'me' was really portrayed in a nice way here. For a moment there, before 'I' cast the remnants of the ashes to the wind, I really thought 'I' would jump off the cliff and die. Guess it shows how dense I am.

I can't seem to find any major mistakes, and this is truly a great one-shot. Give yourself a pat on the back, it's hard to write from second person. Brava!

--MetallicP

Saffire Persian

Now you see me...
Master-Puru: Thanks. ^^ I can't believe I"m still getting reviewers. Oy. 0_o

Metallic Penguin: Suicide? Naaa.... XD I don't like the idea of suicide, but I suppose that would be a thought that might drift though *your* head. Personally, though, I don't think *you* would ever do that, as it'd be wasting Charizard's sacrifice.

XD... No need to make the 'fic more angsty than it is, I guess. ^_^ I'm glad you liked the flashbacks - they're some of my favorite parts, too. ^_^ Thanks for your wonderful review.

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
Question, do you rent or own?

“Rent or own what?” you ask?

That brilliant writing skill, ya talented (NONE OF THAT!). This was fantastic. You don’t see people using that type of writing style everyday (2nd person’s view, they call it?)… not with the way you did. Although I didn’t cry, I did feel sorry for 'myself' and I think that you’ve done a brilliant job on this.

The battle description was done brilliantly, the actions that happened in the pokemon center, the flashbacks, with all the descriptions, the emotions and the flow… they were all fantastic from start to finish!

If you do something like this in the current contest, I think you may win again.

But ah… sorry to kill the buzz but I did spot some tiny errors.
It was your Charizard ( who was naught but a Charmander at the time)
Spacing error.

“Listen – you finally say
That speech mark need to go the other way.

Still, you got the top marks.

Overall score: 5/5

Another question, were you crying when you were writing this? If you were, was it a happy cry or a sad cry?

Last edited:

Saffire Persian

Now you see me...
Brian Powell: As heartless as it may sound, I didn't cry while writing this, though the story actually has made me cry once about a month ago. Not because of the story itself, but because of the connections you can make with it - such as family events quite similar to this one, which were my inspiration while writing this. ^^ It brings back memories really, both happy and sad. ^_^''

I'm glad you liked it though - I don't think I could ever pull something like this off again, and hopefully I'll be able to enter the contest... but I dunno anymore with my current workload.

FOUR EXAMS THIS WEEK! X.x

Thanks for your review. ^_^

CHeSHiRe-CaT

A Curious Breed
I was immensely grateful that Dragonfree told me to read this. I don't know how I can't find the time to read anything of yours, Saffire. Your writing is worth every second.

I can't say anything without repeating what others said of this. The second-person perspective was excellent, and as far as I'm concerned, this was a better one-shot because of it. First- and second-person always capture that sort of pre-designated personal feel than third.

It was heart-wrenching...yet beautiful, in a tragic way. The description was brilliant and provoking. The solemnity was powerful...it was practically flawless. I hope that one day, that wound created inside of me will heal.