• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The title for the next 'season' and when will it start?

Seraphen

Ain't bitter
Okay, here it is. It all started with 'Pokemon: Indigo league', than 'Pokemon: Orange Islands', than 'The Johto Journeys', 'Johto League Champions', 'Master Quest', 'Pokemon Advanced', 'Pokemon Advanced Challenge', 'Pokemon Advanced Battle', 'Pokemon Battle Frontier' and now, 'Pokemon Diamond and Pearl'. What will be the name of the next dub season(s)? Thats what we wanna here...

It would be apriciated if 'when the next season will start' discussion starts from here too...

Well, First we need a new japanese opening before the new english season can start. Since PUSA always rips the opening animation from the japanese one.. And atm, there's no ETA for any new japanese opening :(

neptune_84

It's go time!
they might call it 'Pokemon DPA' standing for diamond and pearl advanced

Frontier Brain B

I'm that good.
They probably won't change the name, since I honestly, can't think of how you can add on to "Diamond and Pearl."
My money's on PUSA calling it DP for it's entire run, and just changing the openings.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I've read in several places that this series is over, don't ask where because i dont have a clue, i was just looking through google...The new name will be released a couple of weeks before the Chimchar's Tears dub which will probably be March/April...So we just gotta play the waiting game...

Seraphen

Ain't bitter
Well, First we need a new japanese opening before the new english season can start. Since PUSA always rips the opening animation from the japanese one.. And atm, there's no ETA for any new japanese opening :(

We don't always need Japanese openings I think, they can use the anime clips for making a opening, which can serve as 'spoilers'.

HoennMaster

I've read in several places that this series is over, don't ask where because i dont have a clue, i was just looking through google...The new name will be released a couple of weeks before the Chimchar's Tears dub which will probably be March/April...So we just gotta play the waiting game...

That comes from PUSA. On the official website they said Diamond and Pearl is over.

Yeah, I think they wll change it but I have not a clue to what

Seraphen

Ain't bitter
Personally I hate the cocept that they just put the games' name in the season title. The hoenn region season titles were the best. If they make some title for the next seasons, it should be good. How can a season be called by a couple of games name? (They care nothing but advertising, hmph!)

Neptune, your idea was great. But that'll only work for one season I guess, what about the next? This Sinnoh region is huge, so the can make more than three season for a particular region...

Frontier Brain B

I'm that good.
Personally I hate the cocept that they just put the games' name in the season title.

Technically, they're taking it directly from the orignal Japanese title. Pokemon Advanced, Pokemon Advanced Challenge, Pokemon Advanced Battle, and Pokemon Battle Frontier are all condensed as simply "Advanced Generation" in Japan. The dub just cut them up into four spearate arcs.
Daimond and Pearl is known as Daimond and Pearl in both original and dub, also.

Seraphen

Ain't bitter
Technically, they're taking it directly from the orignal Japanese title. Pokemon Advanced, Pokemon Advanced Challenge, Pokemon Advanced Battle, and Pokemon Battle Frontier are all condensed as simply "Advanced Generation" in Japan. The dub just cut them up into four spearate arcs.
Daimond and Pearl is known as Daimond and Pearl in both original and dub, also.

Though I know that, thanks for mentioning.

Like the Advanced Generation saga, 'Diamond and Pearl' is the title of the whole Sinnoh Saga. While in the dub, Diamond and Pearl is the title of only the first season. (If they change the titles of the next seasons)

Thats what I hate, the whole saga is named after the games? :mad:

shac

I am pretty sure that we wont have a ORANGE ISLAND analogy in this gen. so the title for the next season has to be something like "MASTER QUEST"-which was for johto.

Seraphen

Ain't bitter
Just a question. When did the last dub episode of DP air?
Something tells me Seraphen is just impatient.

Generally, I am kinda mpateint but I didn't understand what you mean by that here.

Last edited:

Jorah

What do I put here?
Heh, I bet they thought "Diamond and Pearl" was a great title for advertising. Not to mention the DP opening says "it's a whole new game" XD

Frontier Brain B

I'm that good.
Generally, I am kinda mpateint but I didn't understand what you mean by that here.

I figured as much.
You're asking about the next opening when the dub JUST got through airing their last season. Don't you think a topic like this should wait AT LEAST a month or two after?

Rex Kamex

Personally I hate the cocept that they just put the games' name in the season title.

I personally hate the concept of them changing the series title every year to begin with. Changing the series name in Japan makes more sense to me than this. (I wasn't in favor of them adding AG and D/P to the title, mainly because the show doesn't really start over that much.) Also...

'Pokemon: Orange Islands'

This was never the name of a series like the others were.