• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The titles of RSE and DP?

atalantis

Manga Freak
Has anyone guessed at what the last names of the characters are?
Green- Oak
Sapphire- Birch
Berlitz- ...Berlitz

So what do you think other people's last names are?

Last edited:

brelili

Call me Bri.
I dunno. maybe they do, maybe they don't. But I know in RS, Sapphire once wrote her name in full, Sapphire Birch.
Oddly enough, for some weird reason, I occasionly refer to Ruby as Ruby Nett.

atalantis

Manga Freak
It really isn't a question if the creators have made last names. Actually I'm pretty sure they haven't. It's more like play around with the Japanese language or with their personalities to form a good last name. I know this seems like a ridiculous question, but I plan on using good responses in stories I write. If you have a good idea, post it. :D

May Ketchum

Dawn IS my world....
Berlitz is her [Berlitz's] last name. She says her REAL name, but it gets covered over by another thought bubble

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
People in Pokemon don't usually have last names in the anime, manga, or games. I guess the creators don't deem last names necissary....

Last edited:

silverdragonlaura

Go with the current
^
I'd have to agree with mileyangel on this one.
I don't think they really gave them last names.
Although....
I think that if they did have last name, the only ones that are apparent are Green, Sapphire, and Lady Berlitz.

Yeah, both of you are right on that one.................I wonder why only they have last names.............
wait.
Nevermind, It's because of their families.

CrYsTaL-Suicune

Trust..Bond of heart
Yeah, both of you are right on that one.................I wonder why only they have last names.............
wait.
Nevermind, It's because of their families.

You answered your own question. Their families are prominent and famous. (e.g. Green's grandpa is Prof. Oak, Saph's father is Prof. Birch and Lady Berlitz is from a wealthy family).

xxBlackyxx

lol internet
I think Berlitz's real name might end up being Opal. Or...look at her eye color and make a determination. You might have noticed, everyone appears to have the same name as their eye color. Some of them are even named after it. =]

atalantis

Manga Freak
I think it's more of the other way around. Their names are based off of the games, so whatever their names are is what their eyecolor is. But I do agree. I hope Berlitz name is Opal.

I think it's more of the other way around. Their names are based off of the games, so whatever their names are is what their eyecolor is. But I do agree. I hope Berlitz name is Opal.

You guys might be right, with Giratina's new form, most likely, it will be the main legendary in the 3rd game for sinnoh.

PaulFan1517

Am I the only person here that knows professor oak's full name is Samuel Oak its been confirmed since the fourth pk movie.

brelili

Call me Bri.
Uhh.. how's that connected to what we're saying?

Yeah, i think mileyangel is right. The creators really don't give last names to the characters they deem unnecessary. And if the protagonist relatives of famous/rich people have last names, Ruby should have a last name, but the only reason he doesn't is because Norman is a gymleader and gymleaders apparently don't have last names.

And how does this Samuel Oak anime thingy have anything to do with the manga?