• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Totodile Duel (153)

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Well I for one am glad Ash kept Totodile. I think Ash needed it since he let his Squirtle rejoin the Squirtle Squad. I thought it was an excellent idea to use Togepi to fight Pikachu. So far Pikachu has refused to fight against Misty both times they have fought. ;)

Leonhart

Imagineer
This episode was one of the few times that we saw Satoshi's friends fishing, as well as one of the rare times that we saw Kasumi's special lure. And while I enjoyed watching Satoshi and Kasumi battling to decide Waninoko's fate, Satoshi should've let Kasumi keep it because of her Water-type Pokemon obsession.

ZilverLox

Banned
Wonder why Misty wasn't given the Totodile since she would've made more sense to catch it, due to her Gym and type specialty background. But I'm glad that Misty's Poliwag evolved into Poliwhirl. I love the way that both Ash and Misty were vying for Totodile, and that they had to battle over it was awesome. :)

_LightMeww_

I don't care what Ash's hardcore fans say, I think it was mistake to give Ash all three Starters in Johto. At least with Misty Totodile would have get better training since she is Water trainer with Water types being her specialty.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wonder why Misty wasn't given the Totodile since she would've made more sense to catch it, due to her Gym and type specialty background.

Well she did have more experience training water types than Ash did, although he had Chikorita and Cyndaquil, so him completing the Johto starter set made sense. And at least Misty now had herself a Poliwhirl, which was better than nothing.

Vipsoccermaster

Great Totodile duel episode! The episode was funny all around. Totodile just loves to get attention, and I'm glad to see it go to Ash. I don't think Misty would have used Totodile much if it went to her instead. Misty got Poliwhirl, though, so it's not a total loss. It would be unusual if Misty got two new Pokémon in one episode, and those of being both Water-types. The battle between Pikachu and Togepi was hilarious. I guess Pikachu didn't want to hurt the baby Pokémon at all, otherwise Pikachu would be constantly scolded by Misty all the time, and he didn't want that.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I don't think Misty would have used Totodile much if it went to her instead. Misty got Poliwhirl, though, so it's not a total loss.

Kasumi would've had some use for Waninoko during the eventual Whirlpool Cup tournament at least, although I agree that her Nyoromo evolving into Nyorozo here was almost like compensation for her not getting to keep Waninoko.

Daizy

I call you honey
It was obvious Misty wouldn't get to keep Totodile because Ash already had two Johto Starters and he had recently lost his main Water Pokemon. Too bad Misty's Lure Ball was wasted.

The fact that Kurt's Lure Balls came in handy here was great because back in the old episodes items were hardly ever recurring. This Totodile was more energetic than the one from the New Bark Town episode and I think I liked the other one more because it bit Jessie's hair. I didn't like Pikachu vs Togepi since it wasn't even a real battle but Poliwag evolving in the last match was better than nothing.

I thought that seeing the cast fishing was a good idea since we hardly get to see them do relaxing activities. It's too bad that we didn't see the cast find any fish Pokemon that way although at least we got Totodile. I liked how the Lure Balls got mixed up so Ash and Misty had to fight for it. Even though Misty lost she ended up evolving her Poliwag which was a nice consolation prize. My favorite parts were TR's scenes and when Misty found the kettle. 8/10

Totodile! His jolly personality is so cute and I'm glad that Ash caught him. He's probably my favorite of the Johto Team. Totodile and Oshawott together would be awesome to see and I think they would be water starter bffs.