• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Tower of Terror! (023)

Gillachu

Banned
Ash being a ghost was kind of morbid and if I was him I would've taken Gengar with me instead of Haunter, just because it seemed stronger.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
While I liked seeing the ghost pokemon goof around inside the tower I do kind of wish more of Lavender town had been shown ha ha. But Ash turning into a ghost was fun and I'm glad Haunter decided to follow him. ^^

JudySpell

Banned
If I were Ash I would have taken Gastly & Gengar with me too not just Haunter. More Ghosts means a bigger chance of beating Sabrina. 9/10

Lavendar Town deserved more focus than just the Pokemon Tower being shown. I liked the part when we saw Ash as a ghost flying however. :)

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Okay so this was the very first episode that got me into Pokemon. I loved Haunter's childish sense of humor, but I think it would've been better if Ash would've gotten Gengar to come with him.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Shion Town was awfully small in the anime. I enjoyed when we were introduced to the Ghos, Ghost, and Gangar that were living at the Pokemon Tower. Their antics were amusing, and I felt sympathetic towards them since they seemed lonely. I was glad that despite everything, Ghost followed Satoshi.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Great episode. I liked the Ghost Pokemon playing pranks on Ash and Pikachu out of loneliness. The end of the episode shows that Brock and Misty really do care for him, especially Misty being about to cry when she couldn't wake him up.
10/10

Alloutℯ

Banned
To this day, I'm still not sure if Ash actually died when he became a ghost, or if it was just the power of Gastly and the others.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
If I were Ash I would have taken Gastly & Gengar with me too not just Haunter. More Ghosts means a bigger chance of beating Sabrina.

I did kind of wonder why Ash decided to take Haunter with him instead of him taking Gengar at the very least, which seemed more dependable hee hee. I mean it's not like Ash bonded with Haunter more than with Gengar here.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I did kind of wonder why Ash decided to take Haunter with him instead of him taking Gengar at the very least, which seemed more dependable hee hee. I mean it's not like Ash bonded with Haunter more than with Gengar here.

Eh, my best guess is that maybe Gengar would've made Ash seem "too strong", and he needed to seem like the underdog against Sabrina and her creepy doll...?

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Eh, my best guess is that maybe Gengar would've made Ash seem "too strong", and he needed to seem like the underdog against Sabrina and her creepy doll...?

But Ash didn't end up battling Sabrina after this Lavender town episode any ways, so I don't think that strength played a part in the writing staff's decision of which ghost type Ash would take from the Pokemon Tower here.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
But Ash didn't end up battling Sabrina after this Lavender town episode any ways, so I don't think that strength played a part in the writing staff's decision of which ghost type Ash would take from the Pokemon Tower here.

Eh, who knows then. It's not like it mattered much anyway since as you said, Ash didn't get a chance to properly use Haunter, regardless.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
This episode is one of my all-time favorites. I love watching the whole arc this episode is part of around Halloween time and I also loved how funny and creepy it was. The ghost Pokémon trio were also hilarious as well.
10/10

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
...How does Ash scaring her even imply that he liked her?

Well, you could base it off the fact the anime was only supposed to last through the Indigo League and it's pretty much a trope to pair up the leads. You could easily take it as playful teasing. Also, anything and everything is a hint to the Senshi.