• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Traitorous Battle Royal! (1199)

Gingertail24

I mean, what can they really show us that wasn't in the picture above?

Inteleon shooting attacks at trees or whatever wouldn't really make for a good 20 minute episode.
So your saying instead.of actually just having a few scenes where goh trains, like they showed ash did in the beginning of some dp episode. Or an whole episode where Inteleon tried to learn or master a move isn't necessary because we have

one small picture, who by the way, only people on Twitter are able to see. So if you don't have it, sucks to be you, is good enough?......

Like dude, it's not hard to show his pokemon training

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
All she needed for that was to stop being around Ash so she could focus. All girls who leave become successful when they ditch Ash.

The guys not named Brock, though? Not so much.
Well we now know who holds back who

DatsRight

All she needed for that was to stop being around Ash so she could focus. All girls who leave become successful when they ditch Ash.

Her showcases emphasised she had 'it' without any real effort. She likely would have breezed through contests even if she were tied to Ash's arm.

Also Sophocles achieved his dream of working at Poke-NASA. :p

Gingertail24

On free
Her showcases emphasised she had 'it' without any real effort. She likely would have breezed through contests even if she were tied to Ash's arm.

Also Sophocles achieved his dream of working at Poke-NASA. :p
I mean it was forshadowed with the pokevison videos and her pokepuff baking. But the battling part of contest she would of been demolished

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.

Or be like Dento and is already successful at their profession.

Tracey is really the only guy who achieved his dream on screen and benefited from traveling/being with Ash.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.

Tracey is really the only guy who achieved his dream on screen and benefited from traveling/being with Ash.
We have no idea what Cilan is even doing, though. He may be very good, but somehow he's still not S rank masseur or something.

Tracey's dream was handed to him on a silver platter just by sticking to Ash. (Strangely, as far as I recall, Bugsy didn't show his adoration for Oak.)

DatsRight

Most of the companions benefitted from Ash since their character development stemmed from it, it's just there came a point they had to stand on their own legs.

If Ash hadn't met Clemont, he'd still be a deflated wash out whose cyborg had usurped his gym.
If Ash hadn't met Kiawe, he'd still be a one note wonder as a battler rather than a league semi-finalist.
If Ash hadn't met Sophocles, he'd never have got Vikavolt and thus never got over his phobia of the dark which is incompatible with his dream to travel to space.

Goh seems to be undergoing the same evolution, having Ash's help through his early steps but now being put in positions he's learning to progress without him.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
If Ash hadn't met Clemont, he'd still be a deflated wash out whose cyborg had usurped his gym.
If Ash hadn't met Kiawe, he'd still be a one note wonder as a battler rather than a league semi-finalist.
If Ash hadn't met Sophocles, he'd never have got Vikavolt and thus never got over his phobia of the dark which is incompatible with his dream to travel to space.
None of these were even issues in the games, though. Clemont isn't really into building robots but rather devices, Alola actually has more of a battling scene rather than how dull it was in the anime about it (only one or two trainers bothered to do all the trials, and just compare Hala's battle in the game compared to the anime; the game battle had a whole bunch of people watching and celebrating, while the anime battle...not even Ash invited his classmates to watch him fight in the very deserted village), and Sophocles's real issue was his social anxiety (which even by Masters he's trying to overcome and was nicely connected to freakin' Cyrus) which was unrealistically fixed 3 or so episodes into Sun & Moon so he could become another talkative Clemont.

Last edited:

Sham

The Guardian of War
I like Horace. That’s all. And I’m happy they made Goh lose here. It’s funny how in this series that characters “helping” other characters leads to their own demise. Ash with Cameron, Iris with Ash, Goh with Horace etc.

I guess no good deed goes unpunished. Anyway Goh’s Inteleon one shotting everything did annoy me a bit but the battles where okay here.

Also please bring back those rivals. Gary is an “antagonistic” rival but it’s mostly touch love. They give me Ursula vibes and it seems like they aren’t just characters of the day.

I like how they utilized Inteleon’s abilities and Gardevoir’s abilities outside of moves. I’m also glad that Ash was stopped right away before he went after Goh. This was a good episode.

Horace supremacy

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I’ve been unintentionally delaying my watch of this episode but I’m glad I got around to watching it. I don’t have nearly as much to say as usual (I’m also typing this at 1 in the morning) but it was a great episode. Go has really come a long way. He’s not treated as some perfect being but he sees the importance of teamwork while his natural hesitance to trust people actually being in his favor for once. Him having mixed feelings of Tokio’s win thanks to him changing his mind about quitting is relatable. Speaking of Tokio, I love how his natural empathy is a foil to Go’s social awkwardness yet it almost costs him this episode. I don’t think this episode is as good as previous PM episodes but still a great one. 9/10

Sham

The Guardian of War
Gotta come back to this. Horace is one of my favorite rivals. I guess it's because he reminds me a lot of Starfire. People who are in a situation where they must fight a lot despite heavily preferring not too, which sometimes leads to them becoming too native.

Giving people the benefit of a doubt is helpful but can also be dangerous at the same time so Horace was lacking discernment because as Goh pointed out, Rotom didn't declare Liepard as fainted. More than likely he'll be prepared the next time and learned something from this.

I thought him not preferring to battle or fight was an interesting twist from our usual rival who seems extremely keen on defeating whichever current main character

Gardevior was also an interesting choice considering it will give anything to save and protect it's trainer while Horace uses it mostly has a protecter/support Pokemon. It's also still interesting that despite not liking battling, he still honed his mind and skills and used good battling strategies like using the light from Confuse Ray to distract Goh and quickly transition to Moonblast. He isn't a battler but has the talent.

So happy he made it into the group of Chasers

Last edited:

Starswirl Pikachu

A really inventive trainer would have been able to make better use of the hordes of jumpluffs and Koffings that they let run loose. Other than that, I'd say it was a good episode for Inteleon and Gardevoir. Maybe a bit more so for Gardevoir. There is this nagging feeling I have that Inteleon could/ should be more stealthy somehow but I guess there was not much room for that in a battle royal setting.