Now that the TG storyline is all but done & over with, conventional wisdom would think that the writers would go back to their Hum Drum Melodrama, but I would say otherwise with this.
- Ash & Dawn are busy fighting against each other with Piplup & Monferno. This is going to go really well...
- Piplup fires off his Bubblebeam, & Monferno tries to Dig itself out of trouble, only to find out that it hit something hard. Man, those Dig TMs are Chinese pieces of #%@$!!
- What?! Monferno has dug up a treasure chest?! Okay, I take back what I've just said back then. Now, how do we pry this thing open & get all the bling bling that's inside?
- Just as they're pondering that thought, out come a bunch of so-called, "treasure hunters," who claim to be able to open anything. However, they do look suspicious...
- The guy tries to take Ash's chest, but Ash claims that, "You'll take my treasure, when you're prying it out of my cold, dead hands!!"
- Since that doesn't work, the treasure hunters reveal their true colors: TR!
... just as they're reciting their motto, Ash's Pikachu takes the initiative & zaps them off into the wild blue yonder.
It's a shame this doesn't happen anywhere near as often as I hope it should, but at least it saves me from muting my telly.
- This time, they don't fly off that far, as this time, we know where they end up. That can only mean one thing: this ep is all about TR! Wonderful...
- TR manage to intercept them once more, but this time, James gives a little more back-story on this chest. First & foremost, it is his. Second, it can only be opened with a specific verbal password. & last, but not least, it contains one of James' darkest secrets.
- What is that secret? Well... it is a love letter for his ex-fiancee', Jessiebelle! Who would have thought?
- Well... it seems to be that he was in love with her at first when the two of them were children, but just as soon as she made plans for her to be married with James, she doesn't like his pet Growlithe, & insists on replacing it with a Skitty.
- James tries to open it by saying three random passwords, & the lid opens up, but not in a way that most anyone would think... it opens the lid... & reveals a rifle?! Oh $@%$!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!
- The automated rifle then blasts TR out to kingdom come, & folds back into the lid.
- With them out of the way, Ash & the gang find a mansion, & knock on the door politely. Once the butler opens the door, he immediately recognizes the chest they're holding & lets them inside for some good old hospitality.
- Little do they know, that this mansion belongs to James, so if he goes in there the way that he is now, that butler will immediately summon Jessiebelle here, & seeing as he doesn't want that to happen, they both opt for disguises, & rather clever ones at that.
- Why are these disguises clever? Well... it fools the butler into thinking that Jessie is Jessiebelle, & that James is his own father. Yeah...
- But here's another J Lo BUTT, James' pet Growlithe is here, & has no problem sniffing James out & compromising both their disguises.
- With their cover blown, James orders his Mime Jr. to use Teeter Dance, thus confusing the poor butler, which gives him enough time to send him down a trapdoor.
- Back in the living room, James explains that there is only one way out: an underground secret exit. "However..."
- J Lo BUTT #2: Look! Up in the sky! Is it a Golbat Swarm? Is it a Dustox Swarm? Is it the International Police & Looker?? No!! It's Jessiebelle, in the flesh!! & she's coming... she's coming... she's coming for JAMES!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
- Looks like that butler of his will do whatever it takes to see to it that Jessiebelle marries James. With no time to lose, they immediately make a run for the secret back exit, taking his pet & chest with him.
- With the butler & Jessiebelle on their tails, they block the exit as soon as they got out. Now, he tries again to open the chest, & it goes nowhere again.
- This time, the chest transforms into a mini-mecha! What the hell is that thing, a chest or a friggin' weapon of mass destruction?!
- James uses his pet Growlithe to fight off this mutant chest, & after a hard-fought victory, the chest turns into a rocket & flies off into the wild blue yonder.
- J Lo BUTT #3: That fight with the mutant chest gave Jessiebelle & the butler enough time to breach James' barricade, & now she's Mano e Mano with James.
- In a desperate gambit, James pleads to Ash for his Pikachu to blast them off into god knows where, which he reluctantly does. However, just as they're going to fly away, Jessiebelle rushes towards his side.
- The result? Jessiebelle goes off with James & Meowth, & Jessie takes Jessiebelle's hot-seat. After the two of them land on Terra Firma, Jessiebelle chases him off in the end.
Well, I would guess that it does bring some comedy along with this. One thing about this is that I felt for James in this, as I'm a sworn enemy of love. It almost makes me feel sorry for him. Almost, but not quite...