• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Treasure That Washed Ashore (4)

I've already fallen in love with Fuecoco/Hogator, I'm liking its personality so far! I'm interested in seeing what the connection between Roy's ancient Pokeball and Liko's pendant is exactly. So far I've been really enjoying each episode, but I've mainly been waiting to watch until subs come out so that I can fully understand what's going on to make the experience even better. I'm liking how they've been taking their time introducing both Liko and Roy respectively as opposed to making things seem rushed.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Is Roy's family Hoenn natives because it's a bit convenient that a Kanto boy got a Hoenn Legendary stored in that ball without being aware of it.

Eh, I can't talk about convenience when the ship's flag somehow flew all the way to his island.

Konja7

That bit with Gurumin actually had me laughing because it was pretty much them saying "Yes we get it a lot of you guys hated how Goh caught Pokemon. These newbies will be different"
I mean, Gurumin also mentioned a distracted Pokemon could be caught. So, I don't think the rules are so different.

That said, I agree that Roy and Liko won't Pokemon in large numbers.

vondecayle

- It was nice to see Friede show his skills as a professor when dealing with the angry mob of pokemon.
- Interested to see if there is an actual pokemon inside the ancient pokeball.
- Liko finally interacts with Landau.
- Mostly looking forward to the mysteries.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Which kind of twist are you expecting? Like a treason? They will not make Pikachu evil.
Yeah I don't expect Friede to become the main villain and final antagonist or anything, but I do feel he may not be as heroic as we are being led to believe and may be a greedy scumbag or something later on who kinda redeems himself
Iwane's animation feels more fluid than a lot of his work in JN (especially JN 6 which is probably the closest comparison here since they're both his first episodes in each series), hopefully that's a sign of a better production
Honestly don't see it. Yeah JN 6 was weak but this episode also felt a bit more static to me, not really as fluid as say the previous episodes.
The Explorers big boss name is GIDEON?

moff_exy3.1200.jpg

Wow, the Rising Volt Tacklers are going to die.
If the Mandalorian S3 is anything to go by, they are gonna be fineeee

Alolan Glaceon

Glaceon master
Another great episode, we met Roy and it seems interesting, although Liko still wins, I'm very happy with the direction this anime is going, Ash is missing but they are worthy of a successor, in fact I have the same thing and if I were Liko I would still be careful

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
Pretty solid episode. Least favorite so far, but a necessary one for laying some groundwork.

I like Roy from what we’ve seen so far, but I’m sure they’ll flesh him out more in the proceeding episodes. He didn’t have Liko’s advantage of a two episode premier to establish him. Friede also keeps reminding us that he’s just the coolest, and I’m all here for it.

Hope Roy gets more time to shine next week. Looking forward to it.

Queen Cynthia

Dignified Queen of Sinnoh
Honestly, I find it a bit strange (and irritating) that all the people seem to be gone now that the new series has started. Only 3 pages so far? Hope that isn't a bad omen.

Anyways, again a very nice and entertaining episode that introduced Roy well! He seems to combine several personalities of popular characters from the original series: Looking for adventures, wanting to explore the world, facing legendary Pokemon and being interested in mythology. So even if the original charcters aren't there (Or should I say not yet?) the charcter of Roy is a nice reminder of them.

Also once again, Friede turns out to be a very skilled person. The way he calmed down the angry Pokemon sure was something! This guy is growing on me.

Last but not least, we had a bit of a narrow-minded community of people on that island, which was quite funny, and we learned there seems to be some dark, hidden organisation behind the Explorers.

I'd say the setup for the new series has been successful and hope it'll continue that way!

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Other than Liko's school, they seem to be avoiding naming these locations. I hope this won't be a trend.
Yeah, that's been a thing since MPM and... really hoping it doesn't stick. Like, I wanted the series to make better use of its settings, not to just have each episode be set in an unspecified somewhere.
...On one hand I guess Roy's island is implied to be a place not from the games so it wouldn't have a familiar name anyway, but it is weird that they've not named it at all.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
What new things Liki bring to the table ? How is she different from Lillie except having a non corrupted face? A very nice, polite, rich girl….. very interesting .
Why can’t female characters be sassy nowadays?

Alolan Glaceon

Glaceon master
What new things Liki bring to the table ? How is she different from Lillie except having a non corrupted face? A very nice, polite, rich girl….. very interesting .
Why can’t female characters be sassy nowadays?
She is very different from other girls 1. She has any kind of personality, she's not self-confident, she doesn't have any money, she's a teenager after all, not some rich woman, Lillie also had nothing but a large villa she lived in, one is traumatized the other is just more interesting 2. She's not rude, she doesn't give a **** and she knows what she wants, she doesn't get into trouble and she breaks the fourth wall and has great lyrics 3. She's a modern-day teenager you can relate to, not just another copy of the same 4. She doesn't fight and uses her brains when fighting, and she's not strong, she's weak 5. She's better than 90% of female Pokemon characters

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Roy seems pretty cool so far.

I wasn't expecting to love Fuecoco as much as I did but it's so damn cute in the anime.
The fact that it knows how to sing makes me believe that it will evolve at some point (but this anime has always evolved the Fire Starters right?)

Honestly, I find it a bit strange (and irritating) that all the people seem to be gone now that the new series has started. Only 3 pages so far? Hope that isn't a bad omen.
Well unlike the previous series, we're going into this one completely blind.

All new characters, which we still have very limited knowledge of, and so far nothing huge or controversial has happened either so there's not too much to talk about yet

Red and Blue

I imagine discussions will pick up once we get references and appearances from the past series.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Roy is our boy

- I can't listen to Liko's rotomphone without remembering of Goh lol;

- At this point, I'm not putting past Roy's being voiced by Rika;

- Ok, they got me. How did Liko got off the ship? Doesn't seem to be movable stairs and I highly doubt she'd get off sliding in the ropes;

- Roy is taking on class remotely. I... I love they are actually being so savvy about how things' changed after (height of) the pandemic and reflected it on the show so kids can actually relate to the characters;

- You know, Roy should really be careful with where he sits. Wrong posture can bring forth a lot of problems. And I say that from personal experience. Heck, after I'm done watching this, I'm going to do pilates so muscles are strong enough to not put too much of strain in my back;

- Yeah, we should all be watchful of Ergonomics whenever we are working, studying or even messing around the internet;

- You know, it still amuses me Roy uses the "boku" pronoun. I know it's an ordinary detail that changes nothing but... I was so sure he'd follow the Ash and Goh mold... Heck, come to think of it, I thought Goh would use it. At least for the short while before we actually got to hear him in the teaser back in the day, at least;

- You know, I like those eyecatches more than those boring "who is that pokémon?". Those stopped being fun and it's not like they'll ever top the dub's "Arbok evolves into Seviper" anyway...;

- Gotta give Yamashita. I would never have guessed he is voicing Fuecoco...;

- So Liko's pendant and Roy's pokéball have some sort of connection. A bit too convenient but I guess I can apply some suspension of disbelief... Specially after how Ash simply was around some many legendaries and mythicals;

- You know, now I'm actually intrigued with the wild grass and bug types... It's almost like they captured the kids to trial them or something;

- Friede is quite athletic. Look at those moves;

- Guess Lum Berries also work on anger;

- I like how they are setting the thing with Roy practicing his throwing. It does tie well with what they are going for his character;

- "Brave in Heart". Can't listen to this and not remind of Digimon...

Great episode overall. Roy's turning out even better than I expected. I like what I'm seeing of him so far which just reinforce the positive impression I had for him since he was revealed.

I like that while Roy does ressemble Ash, he's had enough going on to set him apart. I'd say a lot of it is thanks to his character being built in this era, while Ash still carried on a lot of the 90's protagonist archetype and associated concepts.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
I'm curious about the scene between the old man and Friede. The old man talked about Friede "finally coming to investigate" something, but was annoyed Friede had only stopped there to get materials for the ship.
Translated very literally, he said he thought Friede had "come to do research for the first time in a very long while". So it wasn't so much that he wanted him to research anything specific, but rather that he just missed the guy coming around to explore the island in general. His previous surveys may have yielded useful information for the island itself, maybe? But yeah, there wasn't really anything specific in the Japanese dialogue to point to there being a specific thing the old guy wanted him to investigate.