• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Treasure That Washed Ashore (4)

Gingertail24

Dr's Summary - Horizons Episode 004 Review
Rating: 6.5/10

#The Good
:
- I like Liko's recap(s) of the prior episodes.
- Cap has such based poses.
- Fuecoco jump-roping over Charizard's tail was cute.
- Huh, so Friede can use Agility lol.
- Nice, Pokemon taking humans hostages. #Fightthepower

#The Bad:
- It's not surprising that Roy's personality is being compared to Ash's, especially since he is meant to balance out Liko's shyer personality. The thing is, Ash himself has had numerous personality variations and a protracted character development, such that Roy being an enthusiastic, proactive, helpful individual is enough to draw Ash comparison.
- Nothing was outright "bad" this episode. However, Roy's introduction and the first meeting with Liko was...average? Neither good, nor bad.

#Thoughts:
- So looks like the Pokemon school aspect is not supposed to be a focus (if it ever was) given that Liko is taking online classes using her Rotom...
- Hmm, I wonder who this "ancient adventurer" is supposed to be...
- Is this "Master Gibeon" supposed to be the big bad, then?
Roy is pretty similar, but he still feels like his own thing for the most part

But yeah his intro is pretty lackluster compared to liko

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
No, you forgot to post an essay. Man I've gotten terrible at this since HZ began:
Not gonna lie, I had no idea the yellow parts on top of Fuecoco's head are actually flames, then again in my defence, I didn't start with Fuecoco in SV.
I think it's great that Liko has decidedto attend classes remotely, that way she can join the RVT on their adventures whilst also getting her education. On the flipside, on Roy's end, I also think it's neat that his classmates have different goals, for instance the girl wanting to challenge Totem pokemon, which I thought was interesting considering we didn't see all of them in SM, and whilst I'm on the Roy tangent, I like that the Rotom phones can stretch and become Rotom tablets
Considering he's never left the island, and by extension him not being a trainer yet, I'm not surprised that Roy doesn't have a grip on how to understand Pokemon's feelings yet, case in point when he thought that Fuecoco agreed that the RVT's ship flag loooked cool, when in actual fact we as viewers knew that the way Fuecoco reacted was because it recognised it from the RVT's ship.
After seeing their food stash decimated by Fuecoco, I wasn't expecting Roy/Liko to get held hostage in a kangaroo court situation, certainly makes a change tbph.
All in all, this seemed a tad mid for Roy's intro episode.

Starswirl Pikachu

Roy's our boy! (sorry, I just had to blurt that out really quick) Since new stuff is being introduced I think it gives the show some leeway in regards to story progression at least for a little while. No pokemon trainers on the entire island? What kind of backwater remote region is this? Even in Alola before Pokemon gym's were invented they still had trainers and everything so I have a hard time picturing a place like that existing. (except maybe in special cases like a movie or something)

Anyway I do think its neat that Roy takes part in some sort of online Pokemon school, that seems legit. The ancient poke ball also seems pretty interesting, not just for the history of the island but maybe some other mysteries too. I thought the showdown with the forest pokemon had a kind of odd ending. The dude with the Pikachu was able to evade around and dodge the group of wild pokemon so that they ended up shooting themselves with string shot. I guess that is possible but the way it was shown and the way the wild pokemon were organized makes it seem a little silly that he and Pikachu were able to do that. Who is this guy?

Last edited: